City to qualify for the UEFA Cup

Almost 2 months too late!!!

Cap'n there's something on the horizon

I challenge you to a duel sir. That is a very unfair use of the 'titanic rule' - your post = England were top, it was still going on. my post - England have won it. your post = other clubs mentioned. mine post= it's practically City's.

Top of Oldham Edge at midnight. Chose your weapons

actually, I've been up since 5:20 and am quite tired so could we give the duel a miss?

From Lesbo Pinko Newsheet (guardian):

I DID IT MY WAY

Dr Thaksin's Krazy Guide To Fair Play*: How To Sneak Your Team Into Euro Vase (with a little help from Human Rights Watch)

1) Become prime minister of Thailand.

2) Declare war on the horrifying drug trade by issuing the following horrifying statement: "There is nothing under the sun which the Thai police cannot do."

3) Sigh in contentment as 87 people are killed in the first week of the war on drugs. Practise Frank Sinatra impression.

4) Open the papers to discover that the latest victim of the war on drugs is a nine-year-old shot when police fired at a car carrying him and his mother (police claim a third party shot at the victim's car). Do not reflect on how fair it is for a nine-year-old to get a bullet in the skull. Instead, practise Frank Sinatra impression.

5) Listen as a UN official expresses "deep concern at reports of more than 100 deaths in Thailand in connection with a crackdown on the drug trade".

6) Fire off memo reading: "Do not worry about this. The UN is not my father."

7) Declare "victory" on war on drugs. Ignore the 2,275 people that have been killed in said war. Ruminate on fact that since the start of the campaign homicide rate in Thailand has doubled. Practise Frank Sinatra impression.

8) Read US state department report that Thailand's human rights record has "worsened with regard to extrajudicial killings and arbitrary arrests". Practise Frank Sinatra impression.

9) Dismiss the United States an "annoying friend". Pesky Americans!

10) Decide to restore battered international standing by identifying sleeping giant.

11) Check sleeping giant isn't a drug dealer.

12) Pass Premier League's fit and proper person's test with flying colours despite Amnesty International saying that "Thaksin did preside over some very serious human rights violations".

13) Watch as Human Rights FC do the double over Manchester United. Try to ignore ghost of nine-year-old child whispering in your ear by humming upbeat version of Blue Moon.

14) Make moves to sack perfectly good manager despite the fact that his players, the fans, Bob Carolgees and 99.789% of the population of the universe thinks he is doing a good job.

15) Smile in satisfaction as it looks like your team will be given a place in next season's Euro Vase for, get this, FAIR PLAY!!!!!!!!!

16) Relax in warm bath of chutzpah and irony whistling My Way.

*Fair Play may involve extra-judicial killings and knee-jerk sackings of competent, if unspectacular, managers.

I challenge you to a duel sir. That is a very unfair use of the 'titanic rule' - your post = England were top, it was still going on. my post - England have won it. your post = other clubs mentioned. mine post= it's practically City's.

Top of Oldham Edge at midnight. Chose your weapons

I'm not meeting strange men at Oldham Edge at midnight and you can most certainly keep your weapon to yourself.

My mummy told me about the dangers of these people on the internet.

I'm logging off now. Goodnight!

You just know that they are going to get knocked out in the Group Stages after heavy defeats by Bangor City; Linfield; Luxembourg United and Young Boys Liechtenstein Second XI.

Yes please. And I'd love to see a close up of Wacky Tacky's face as this happens. The bloke is a #%*@

Sadly not. But it may have affected today's result. :lol:

Talk Sport are reporting an incident at the end of the match. All a bit uncertain but they are reporting that City could have jeopardised there UEFA place, in which case Fulham would play in Europe.

How funny would that be? :grin:

I've just bought a Boro shirt with the number 8 on the back. Petty I know but I'll get a lot of pleasure from wearing it in certain places over here.

I haven't been able to stop smiling all day :)

Well somehow they've qualified, but they won't be able to play the first qualifying game at their own ground because of Bon Jovi. seriously.

:titanic:

Citeh are unable to play the home leg of their first qualifying round of the UEFA Cup at Eastlands in July, because they've arranged a Bon Jovi concert and the pitch won't be ready for the game. They're looking for an alternative venue - I suppose the three-sided Boundary Park will be too small.