Joey Barton

Given his previous i was surprised that he didn't receive a harsher punishment but then again he changed his plea from not guilty to guilty just before the trial which may have been a 'deal'. A trial which despite the incident occurring over a year ago was only just scheduled to have happened due to some of the witnessess being professional footballers. This is what stinks to me just because some of the witnessess were professional footballers doesn't mean the trial should be delayed (don't think Boywer and Woodgate used that excuse but i stand to be corrected) and other trials aren't delayed just beacuse the witnesses aren't on holiday. Without this delay, primarily caused by Joey's plea of innocent (he had pled guilty in the first place the delay wouldn't have happened) the trial for this assault probably would have been over and done with before he was involved in the assault in Liverpool. His suspended sentence from this trial would then have affected the punishment for the one he is currently serving time for. It will be interesting to see what Newcastle do as a lot of employers would fire someone after one such convinction nevermind two.

However he may have gotten away without an addition to his jail time but he will have to pay for some (if not all) of prosecution costs, something I think the judge thought would serve the country better than having another body behind bars in what is an already over crowded prison system

However he may have gotten away without an addition to his jail time but he will have to pay for some (if not all) of prosecution costs, something I think the judge thought would serve the country better than having another body behind bars in what is an already over crowded prison system

Great point....one of the most considered sentances I have ever read on here.

I don't think Barton's that bad.....I'm all for members of the Dabo family being assaulted. :wink:

Gotta say, the only thing I was disappointed about in Dabo's comments about the case is that he never said some very significant words akin to "if this was Joe Public he'd be spending at minimum another X amount of months in jail"....that's what stinks the most in my eyes! The utter scumbag!

I'm pretty sure that the reason that the Scouse turd changed his plea is that he learnt that footage was about to be released of him sitting on the chest of a bloke who they never identified on his Liverpool party night, filling his face in, a few minutes before he did the same to the guy who he got convicted over. Doing the same to Dabo made three. Unfortunately pleading guilty automatically took him down a notch in sentencing, even before a judge might consider the full detail of his crimes in court and his nature as a repeat offender who commits the very same violent crime whenever the mood takes him. If he doesn't need to be in jail, I don't know who does. Call me harsh, but if when he comes out, he decides to smash a 5th person's face in, I'd send him to the Help Shiny court and see the bastard fry, and I'll pay for the electricity.

This really seems that OldhamSheridan's Harsh But Fair Party has a few potential votes here.

I'm unsure of the current punishment levels in British Justice, but I think cutting off a persons hands prevents this.

(Some of my policies are a little less popular but I won't mention them until I'm elected World Overlord)

It's all up to Barton to prove that he's not going to fly off the handle again, certainly before he was sent down, he had gotten back to training/playing and acted like a professional. Whether that was just for show in the hope to avoid jail we don't know. If he comes out and re-offends, I guess we'll see him in a Latics shirt very soon.

Edited by 3 Lions

This really seems that OldhamSheridan's Harsh But Fair Party has a few potential votes here.

I'm unsure of the current punishment levels in British Justice, but I think cutting off a persons hands prevents this.

(Some of my policies are a little less popular but I won't mention them until I'm elected World Overlord)

As a statistician, would you be able to provide us with some figures regarding the re-offending rate for people who are treated with the noose?

As a statistician, would you be able to provide us with some figures regarding the re-offending rate for people who are treated with the noose?

To be honest, it'll be a while before the Police finish with their Shinawatra-esque anti-drug campaign before they get down to some detective work which require such things as trials. Well I say Police force, it'll just be CCTV cameras fitted with machine guns.

I also plan on saving the planet by killing all the whales. I realise some sanctimonious busybody will harp on about cruelty and such. So I'll just have to fit them up on some corner for my force to take out for 'drug offences'.

It'll all take shape when they allow internet voting, and then I'll be elected as a joke, and before people know it the World Overlord is here. Then I'll laugh like Ming the Merciless. Although Brian Blessed's laugh is better so maybe I'll laugh like Brian Blessed doing a Ming the Merciless' laugh impression.

bit leftfield this but dabo made me laugh saying newcastle should sack him. whys that exactly after they paid them all important $ makes the world go round. it was citys job to sack him, if anyone. it would have been funny if the sentence was extended for the length of his contract. ive seen the footage of him filling in that gut and his mates just casually stand there eating burgers, is it true that the victim was 15? i really hope he got bummed in prison.

By a random coincidence a mate of mine who I mailed regarding Ricketts (he's a Bristol City fan) replied with some hotos of him meeting King Kev on a professional basis yesterday. They were doing media stuff but the curly haired buffoon wasn't allowed to talk about football because of Barton's imminent release.