Ernies tribute first game of the season.

razza699

Applause or Silence?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. At the Game vs Milwall should we have

• A minutes Clapping
    • A minutes Silence

Martin (frankbunnschin),

I am Louises brother and was thinking about driving down from Middlesbrough to attend the audience with Andy Ritchie in Oldham tomorrow. I will give Carl Spiers a ring and book some tickets. I met you at the Boundary Park game on May 11th and after the match we all went to the Copper pot Indian restuarant in Rochdale, the owner was the lovely bloke who reffed the second half of the match.

Ernie was a special person, who loved life and adored my sister. He fought and fought with true Cooksey grit to the end and he passed away without any pain. Ernie always spoke with high regard about his times with Oldham and Rochdale and I have spent hours on the net reading all the messages and tributes from all the messageboards and news articles that Google will allow me. The man upstairs truely has a great person with him.

May see some of you guys tomorrow.

Thanks,

Darren.

Darren

I think i speak for everyone on owtb by saying that Ernie will be missed by 1000's of fans around the country for what he brought to our beautiful game. Ernie the man just like the footballer showed that courage can help you make friends. I just hope that in these days of darkness your sister can take comfort knowing that many people now care about her family.

Out thoughts are with you and your family over the next weeks along with the close friends of Ernie who will miss his infectious smile and passion for life.

God bless you and thank you for our memories Ernie .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic