Paypal - a load of.....

pukka

It took ages to register, around 5 days whilst money cleared into my bank. (what kind of instant payment system takes 5 days?!)

Now having used it once (successfully) - I tried to purchase some downloads from a website. On 21/5 I tried and it said that paypal payment couldn't be taken so it failed. So I used my card, successfully. Now Paypal want their £8.05 from 21/5. Well they can sod off. I will never use them for anything, ever. I cant believe I'm the only person to have trouble with them?

:laught16:

welcome to paypoo...

dump them asap mate.

they are bent as hell and with the ebay fiasco's at the moment(they are the same company),digging a rather large grave.

get google checkout instead.

safer,easier,cheaper.

i offer discounts now for customers NOT to pay me via paypoo !

You're NOT the only one mate.

I am fed up with security problems and non payments with PP.

I do everything possible to avoid using them.

Like JP says, google checkout is a better option.

I disagree Google Checkout is absolute gash.. I was buying an item from an american website and decided ti use it as i got discount using this... Big mistake i made the payment but because they first of all tried taking four seperate transactions of £1 and then the full amount my CC company declined it - as it looked dodgy! I sorted it out with my CC company and tried making the payment again but it wouldnt let me.. They have no helpline system at all and only offer the send us an email cack in which it took 3 days for them to reply to me... they then said they wont do it without proof of ID, i sent them a bank statement but again they wouldnt let me make a payment but carried out in taking another £3 in £1 installments... I eventually got the payment cancelled but it then took them a further 3 days to cancel the payment with the company (which meant it couldnt be processed untill this transaction had be cancelled) I eventually gave up and placed a new order direct through the company!! I did get a snotty email a few week back off google having a go because they thought id tried ordering something without paying!!

Iv used paypal before without any problems but google checkout is just a nightmare and would recommend no one uses it! After this i read a few articles slating them because what had happened to me continued to happen to everyone! Dont say i didnt warn you! :grin:

Edited by Davros

dont see the point in paypal, or any other payment system. strictly debit card or cash for me. if i cant use a debit card on the internet, i go to another site. simple as really.

As a side note, i dont see why so many people use credit cards. to me its money down the drain. if i want something, i save up for it. if i cant afford it, i dont get it.

this credit crunch is going to send many a person bankrupt, and it has come about because people have been living beyond their means on credit cards/hire purchase etc for the past 10 years. this is also why the housing market has risen so rapidly over the last 10 years.

tbh the credit crunch doesnt affect me. im debt free and proud of it. ok, i will pay more for my fuel/food etc, but there is no avoiding that. i dont however have any simpathy for those thousands in debt on the plastic friends

I disagree Google Checkout is absolute gash.. I was buying an item from an american website and decided ti use it as i got discount using this... Big mistake i made the payment but because they first of all tried taking four seperate transactions of £1 and then the full amount my CC company declined it - as it looked dodgy! I sorted it out with my CC company and tried making the payment again but it wouldnt let me.. They have no helpline system at all and only offer the send us an email cack in which it took 3 days for them to reply to me... they then said they wont do it without proof of ID, i sent them a bank statement but again they wouldnt let me make a payment but carried out in taking another £3 in £1 installments... I eventually got the payment cancelled but it then took them a further 3 days to cancel the payment with the company (which meant it couldnt be processed untill this transaction had be cancelled) I eventually gave up and placed a new order direct through the company!! I did get a snotty email a few week back off google having a go because they thought id tried ordering something without paying!!

Iv used paypal before without any problems but google checkout is just a nightmare and would recommend no one uses it! After this i read a few articles slating them because what had happened to me continued to happen to everyone! Dont say i didnt warn you! :grin:

mate,when you start getting paypoo problems,you'll think back and say the google problem was nothing compared to this mess!

if you have a paypoo problem,you ring a "helpline"...a talk to a so called adviser who has as much knowledge about paypoo as my great granny.

fobbed off forever.

i'll suggest your problem was was a dodgy american website.

i've took more bank transfer payments over the last month than ever..

people are being more aware of how easy it is now so hopefully that method will kill paypoo off completly and i'll be happy to keep goggle as a alternative.

Internet sites are very reluctant to work in shillings and old pounds, aren't they Diego?

i still get folk paying me by sending cash in an envelope.

as long as they pack it well so its not blatantly obvious whats in it,theres no worries.

payment by postal orders and cheques have steadly increased over the last 2 months.

another reason why i hate paypoo...i pay over £50 a month just on paypal fees...just to recieve MY money for payments.

a rip off.

but i can't entirly dump them yet because its the biggest about.

but slowly the worm is turning.

Internet sites are very reluctant to work in shillings and old pounds, aren't they Diego?

I wouldn't know, but I take your word for that. :grin:

Postal orders are no good for us thrifty folk as the poundage is prohibitive.

Credit card payments give insurance on purchases and travel tickets. Pay off bill each month and don't pay any interest charges. Make the banks work for you free of charge is my philosophy. They're falling over themselves to give me platinum cards.

I realise not everyone with commitments is able to benefit in this way.