Official site says "Demand for Leeds tickets are high"

When I got mine this morning, they said we have only sold 350. Seems mant people are not prepared to pay £27. Real shame, who the hell do Leeds think they are!!! :angry:

And i'm one of those people. I wouldn't pay that too watch Champions League football, nevermind League One...

And i'm one of those people. I wouldn't pay that too watch Champions League football, nevermind League One...

I wont pay £27 for League 1 football either. No chance. You'd expect to pay it at wembley in the playoff final, but not a run of the mill league game.

I wont pay £27 for League 1 football either. No chance. You'd expect to pay it at wembley in the playoff final, but not a run of the mill league game.

Not blaming people for not going, just think its a shame. I would personally give them the small section of the RRE, and if possible put the price up.

Not blaming people for not going, just think its a shame. I would personally give them the small section of the RRE, and if possible put the price up.

I don't think it's fair to punish the Leeds fans, they're aren't the ones charging these prices. Plus this is the kind of price they've got to pay for every home game remember...

Official Site says "demand for Leeds tickets high"

Not in my house they're not, stick it Papa Smurf, I wouldn't pay £25 last season and i'm damned if i'm paying £27 this time round. Been to Elland Road loadsa times, no big deal, a run of the mill league game in the Third Division, with funds being tight I could take the whole family to the flicks or bowling for the price of one ticket to that dump in Yorkshire.Although it's a pain not getting to see the lads, but i'm sure i'll cope.

I don't think it's fair to punish the Leeds fans, they're aren't the ones charging these prices. Plus this is the kind of price they've got to pay for every home game remember...

Thats true they pay a heavy price to watch there team as it is. Then they come to Oldham only to have reduced capacity possibly meaning they can only go with other season ticket holders and then have to play a heavy price to watch. :shock:

Edited by spadam

Thats true they pay a heavy price to watch there team as it is. Then they come to Oldham only to have reduced capacity possibly meaning they can only go with other season ticket holders and then have to play a heavy price to watch. :shock:

its an expensive month really. ive chose rochdale over leeds, and also chose colchester over leeds because its a new ground.

Thats true they pay a heavy price to watch there team as it is.

It will prepare them well for the heavy and eternal price they will pay in the afterlife for choosing to support Dirty Leeds on this temporal plane. Sympathy? Pah.

And yes, I'm going, but wouldn't think of criticising those who don't. Best first 3 games in so long as I can remember, loving it.

Never undertstand this "I'm not paying that!" logic.

Where's your cut off point - £20, £22???

Don't remember how much it was there last season but I remember it was certainly worth the extra. A machine that poured 8 pints at once & TV screens you could watch the match on while you finished your second HT pint (two was possible due to said machine).

Totally understand those who can't afford Rochdale AND Leeds regardless of price but, if that extra fiver or so makes the difference just take some butties to eat on the way, have one less beer and don't miss our biggest away game of the season.

Don't remember how much it was there last season but I remember it was certainly worth the extra. A machine that poured 8 pints at once & TV screens you could watch the match on while you finished your second HT pint (two was possible due to said machine).

Totally understand those who can't afford Rochdale AND Leeds regardless of price but, if that extra fiver or so makes the difference just take some butties to eat on the way, have one less beer and don't miss our biggest away game of the season.

I would think everyone has a cut off point that they can spend on an away trip overall. If that is about £35 (Leeds) for a match (and transport etc.) - then so be it. I would suspect alot of people in Oldham don't go to games as £20 is more than that cut off point.

So i proberly be alright going buying me tickets about 2pm tomorrow rather than trying to get down there at 10am.

The queue will contain people wanting Rochdale and Leeds tickets, so be prepared to hang around even longer than you did for that Masters DVD. The earlier you get there the shorter the queue.

The queue will contain people wanting Rochdale and Leeds tickets, so be prepared to hang around even longer than you did for that Masters DVD. The earlier you get there the shorter the queue.

... or just ring them up, buy a ticket over the phone, and lie back and relax, ready to pick your ticket up at your leisure... :coffee1::smoking:

Edited by BigfinLatic

I don't think there is a cut off point as such, I just think when you add up the cost of the day it gets a bit scarey!

For instance, for two of us it's £54 for the tickets, £5 to park and whatever the cost of the petrol is. So even if you don't spend money on food and drink whilst there, you're still talking upwards of £65 which is a lot of money to some people.

I won't be going this time as I will be away, but at that price and taking into account the number of times I've been to Elland Road in the past I think I would give it a miss anyway. We all have a cut off point where the cost of the trip outwieighs the enjoyment you get from going.

£27 is just too much for League 1 football; Bates needs to realise the 'mighty' Leeds United are not Premeier League anymore and set his budgets accordingly.