Crossley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing he could do really for the first goal .. but that second goal im afraid was all his fault .. Hazell did the right thing in just nodding it back .. if you get no shout then its not his fault. The third goal was unlucky that he tipped it onto the bar and not over but he shouldnt have been caught that far off his line .. on the positive he did some nice little passes to Lidds instead of hoofing, but im in agreement id give Fleming a do Tuesday .. might aswell and see how he does.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Tbh, he was only at fault for one goal really and that was the own goal.

Their first goal was just the team sleeping and their third was just unlucky, the only hope he would have had is if he didn't attempt to get it then he could have gathered it as it hit the bar, but it looked to be dipping in and had he not gone for it and it had gone in then he would have been ripped on just as much, it was a case of "he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't".

But yes, Fleming should start against Dale, but not because of Crossley's performance today.

Don't know where all you lot who say he was at fault for the 2nd goal where sat but i thought he was at fault only for the third. The second is either Hazell's fault for heading it or just unfortunate luck in trying to get out of the back, Crossley definatley shouted it was his ball and would of caught the thing had Hazell not touched it, but onwards and upwards.

Hes gotta be louder or quicker then ... if Rubes didnt hear the shout then its not his fault, he did the right thing in just nodding it back.

>and that third goal was a joke.

Yes it was hysterical how both Hazell and Gregan ball watched while their two strikers followed in. Crossley should have dealt with it but he wasn't the only one to blame.

I can't see how the third goal was Crossleys fault. It took a dodgy deflection, tryed to deal with it whilst up against the post, yes it weren't the greatest punch but he was in a very difficult situation. The fact their striker had all the time in the world to slot it home needs to be looked at aswell.

Crossley was/is an absolute liability. The team have no confidence in him whatsoever, and they are scared of passing back to him in case he makes another cock up. The number of goals we've concdeed due to poor communication with him are almost laughable. With even an average keeper, we would have/should have won 4-0 today.

Shez got it badly wrong with his starting selection. Lets hope that he fixes this and instates Flemming on Tuesday and lets never have Crossley cost us again.

Slightly off topic, please please please Shez put Stam in the team now. Gregan and Reuben were equally poor - Gregan today gave the ball away and needless fouls like Branston with hair.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Not his best game - but nothing any keeper could have done for the first - 2nd depends if there was a call or not and 3rd he shouldve got over the bar - however wasn't a liability and asking for him to be dropped is just pure nonsense!!!

Fleming however will get his chance at some stage, but to be on Crossley's back for making 1 or 2 mistakes in 90 mins is pretty questionable???

Crossley has to take some of the responsibility for the 2nd goal but I think it was more Ruebens cock up. He didn't nod it back, he ducked out of it last minute n it hit his back. If he was in any doubt he should of headed it clear, but at the same time Crossley should've just come and claimed it taking Rubes with it if necessary.

Crossley clearly shouted for the ball. I heard it sat near the back of the Chaddy End.

Hazell heard the shout and got in the position to make the header and then ducked outta the way, selling Crossley a marvelous dummy.

The pair of them were to blame in equal proportions.

I also felt from my seat (admittedly a long way away) that Crossley was responsible for the 3rd goal as well. Any ball hitting the bar should be pushed behind before it bounces - will need to see a replay though before I truely apportion any blame :)