Lets focus on the negatives..

Gregan was ok i thought especially his 70 yard HOOF ! O'Grady looked ok, and Davies not far off. Whittaker was immense. Taylor very good. Liddell very good. Crossley awful, Hazell shakey, lomax solid, eardley solid. Allott better as game got on. Maher poor game. Hughes immense, alessandra impressive.

Because its a marathon not a sprint. If we play as bad as we did before the famous subs came on then every single one of you would have been moaning. We were poor. Play like that again and we have a pointless season ahead of us again

Guest sheridans_world

Let the man speak!

I agree to some extent. The team we saw first today had a few problems. Made some errors. Lets add one big positive into this though, we can change them. We have the depth to have some real competition for places.

Maher didnt get into the game today. Allott had a cracker! Hazell made three errors, hardly rubbish. True enough though, Davies and O'Grady didnt get into the game. I was a bit disappointed with them.

Because its a marathon not a sprint. If we play as bad as we did before the famous subs came on then every single one of you would have been moaning. We were poor. Play like that again and we have a pointless season ahead of us again

correct, i bet a few were heading for the carpark after 60 mins, lets hope no one from rochdale were watching today. will we play the same super subs game at rochdale hmmmmmmmmmmm.

People like you are the problem at Oldham, its ONE game. Being negative is really gonna help.

The lads dug deep and got the win- THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Your giving them s**t because a couple of them had a bad game, its league 1 its gonna happen. get over yourself

yes thats all im saying, great win but we need to realise it wasnt a good performance

it was millwalls to lose, and they lost it

and im sure everyone knows we play like that at the back vs leeds and they will run up a cricket score

however, we showed some guts today to come bk from that, so give a bit of credit where its due

Guest sheridans_world

and im sure everyone knows we play like that at the back vs leeds and they will run up a cricket score

however, we showed some guts today to come bk from that, so give a bit of credit where its due

Best not get rained off then!!

correct, i bet a few were heading for the carpark after 60 mins, lets hope no one from rochdale were watching today. will we play the same super subs game at rochdale hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Went with a rochdale fan today. He said pretty much what we are ... defensively we were awful but going forward looked ok. He was looking very smug at 3-1 ... but was singing along and looked like a dale fan come 3-3/4-3 :grin:

WTF are you for real .. weve just fooking come back from 3-1 down to win and you want to concentrate on the negatives....whyyy?

Some people are unreal!

Firstly, I am absolutely made up with the comeback today. Fantastic I hope shez sticks with the team finished today. However, you cannot ignore the first 70 mins, piss poor performance and players looked liked they were finishing the season nevermind starting the season.

Well done lads!

Edited by laticsmad

So whats your prediction for that game Leeds 650 for 6 declared Latics 123 all out. If we can we need to loan warney back for that game hopefully the pitch will turn abit for him

I thought Gregan had a decent game today myself. Broke play up numerous times and played a sublime ball through to Hughes which resulted in the penno. And it was sublime too, perfectly weighted, and had the vision to see it.

And that's without mentioning that fantastic scissor kick from his own half which nearly paid off. Had it bounced just a yard further out that'd have definitely gone in.

Let's be honest, Millwall scored 2 freak-ish goals and their first came from us not being alert along the entire back line. We weren't at the races defensively for the first 20 minutes or so but after that we were fairly solid.

The only negative I'd be willing to look at is the Maher/Allott combination. Both are definitely good players but they didn't come off at all today being to similar to eachother. We weren't really creative. All that changed with Whittaker who had drive, skill and passion in abundance and really caused havoc in the Millwall defence. I think going off that, then Whittaker plus either Allott or Maher for me. Unless it's 4-3-3 and we can accomodate all of them (with the sacrifice of Taylor/Liddell?)

But isn't it nice to have dilemmas like these?

yes thats all im saying, great win but we need to realise it wasnt a good performance

GREGAN WAS NOWHERE NEAR POOR, MAHER LOOKED SLUGGISH AND HIS PARTNERSHIP WITH RAT BOY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PROMISING ONE ON TODAYS EVIDENCE. WHITAKER MADE US TICK A LOT MORE AND SEEMED A PERFECT FOIL FOR ALLOTT. I HAVE CRITICISED BOTH OF TODAYS WINGERS A LOT OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS BUT I THOUGHT BOTH WERE VERY IMPRESSIVE TODAY ESPECIALLY TAYLOR WHO MUST OF BEEN WORKING ON HIS LEFT FOOTED CROSSING. EARDLEY AND LOMAX WERE SOLID THE LATTER IS ANOTHER WHO ISN'T MY FAVOURITE BUT CAN HONESTLY SAY HE HAD A DECENT GAME. O'GRADY A BIT HIT AND MISS BUT SHOWED SIGNS OF PROMISE, DAVIES APPEARS TO HAVE LOST A YARD OF PACE AND A BIT OF INTREST, THIS TIME LAST YEAR HE WAS FLYING.

MILLWALL OUTPLAYED US FOR A FEW SPELLS BUT THE SUBS CHANGED THE GAME AND ITS NICE TO HAVE THAT STRENGTH IN DEPTH LOADS OF TWISTS AND TURNS TO GO.

GREGAN WAS NOWHERE NEAR POOR, MAHER LOOKED SLUGGISH AND HIS PARTNERSHIP WITH RAT BOY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PROMISING ONE ON TODAYS EVIDENCE. WHITAKER MADE US TICK A LOT MORE AND SEEMED A PERFECT FOIL FOR ALLOTT. I HAVE CRITICISED BOTH OF TODAYS WINGERS A LOT OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS BUT I THOUGHT BOTH WERE VERY IMPRESSIVE TODAY ESPECIALLY TAYLOR WHO MUST OF BEEN WORKING ON HIS LEFT FOOTED CROSSING. EARDLEY AND LOMAX WERE SOLID THE LATTER IS ANOTHER WHO ISN'T MY FAVOURITE BUT CAN HONESTLY SAY HE HAD A DECENT GAME. O'GRADY A BIT HIT AND MISS BUT SHOWED SIGNS OF PROMISE, DAVIES APPEARS TO HAVE LOST A YARD OF PACE AND A BIT OF INTREST, THIS TIME LAST YEAR HE WAS FLYING.

MILLWALL OUTPLAYED US FOR A FEW SPELLS BUT THE SUBS CHANGED THE GAME AND ITS NICE TO HAVE THAT STRENGTH IN DEPTH LOADS OF TWISTS AND TURNS TO GO.

Speak up a bit will you.

Let the man speak!

I agree to some extent. The team we saw first today had a few problems. Made some errors. Lets add one big positive into this though, we can change them. We have the depth to have some real competition for places.

Maher didnt get into the game today. Allott had a cracker! Hazell made three errors, hardly rubbish. True enough though, Davies and O'Grady didnt get into the game. I was a bit disappointed with them.

I wouldn’t say we played poorly today. We controlled the midfield for the majority of the game upfront there were chances. A few good crosses didn’t have men on the end of them in the first half, the subs mixed it up a lot.

The goals were soft though, very soft and down to individual errors (namely Crossley and Hazell). I just hope it is a bit of rustiness at the back and they sort themselves out for next week.

Yours,

an optimistic RR

Speak up a bit will you.

hahahahaha quality response.

lovely opinions........and yes if we'd have got beat 3-2 we'd have all said we were bobbins! However, 3-1 down and the manager and 11 on the pitch pull it back to win 4-3, some would say a pretty good come back.

If you were a liverpool fan and you were behind 3-1 to ac milan at half time in a champions league final, then come back to win it 4-3, would you "FOCUS ON THE NEGATIVES?"

Nah...thought not. Good come back tics, great entertaining start to the season....Is Joe Royle back??? :shock:

Edited by futchers briefs

Even at 3-1 I wouldn't have said we were poor. Defensively poor yes but not in general. We looked the better team throughout the game and I cant believe some in the Chaddy booed at half time.

Rubes had a shocker in my opinion but I'd still start him on tues as I'm sure it was a one off.

Let the man speak!

100% agree with this post. You haven't nailed a player to a tree, nor have you called for instant solution.

You're spot on when you say we can change, due to our depth. This was even shown to be correct in the first league game. 3-1 down, we change our system and bring on 3 very good players, and we win the game.

It's our first proper game. The tempo was quicker than either the Hull or Derby game, and if anyone has watched SSN tonight, it's shown several Championship managers say the same thing: We didn't play as well as we can but it's the first game of the season.

We'll settle. I was, however, surprised at the mistakes our defenders made, considering they know each other very well. But as I say, we were always going to make mistakes (saying this, I hope Shez reminds Crossley, Gregan and Hazell that those mistakes are daft for such experienced pros). We've added to our squad more than a good number of sides in this division, so, in theory, it should take us longer, but at least we won our game. You can guarantee no manager, well apart from Dagenham's, was 100% happy with their teams' performances.

We need to address a few things, we can do this for the Rochdale game, and we can do this with 3 points banked. What is for sure is that to get outta this league you need to find the back of the net. We've scored 4 goals, and it took us up until the 46th league game to do so last season.

I am interested to see what Shez does for Tuesday. Will he go with the same line-up to get another game together, or will he include the 3 players who so obviously changed the game? I see positives in both options. See, we have that very option, which I bet a good few teams in this league don't have.

To be honest, there will be games this season which will suit the starting 11. We made a few mistakes that were punished. For all of the play Millwall had in the first hour they didn't really threaten. How many shots did Norm have to stop? Two of their 3 goals were poor communication/decisions. We were guilty in the same period of letting them off the hook by crossing the ball behind the two up front or the same two overrunning the play. Once we decided to play football there was only us going to win. The fact that the lads have seen that will hopefully encourage the same midweek. Now stop all of the d&g people we won ffs!

No shouting please!!