Taylor at LB, Eardley in midfield

No Shez. No.

If you're gonna bring Stammy on, put him at LB and move Taylor into midfield. What did people expect us to do? Hoof, hoof, hoof. Deano ran them ragged down the right, and our best RW is wasted at LB, whilst our best RB is moved into CM meaning Ruben, yes Ruben, was the one breaking down the right.

We got out of jail big time today, was impressed with Shez on Saturday but think he used the wrong tactics today when Davies got himself sent off. Dale could and should have won it in normal time, we didn't look like scoring apart from the pen.

No Shez. No.

If you're gonna bring Stammy on, put him at LB and move Taylor into midfield. What did people expect us to do? Hoof, hoof, hoof. Deano ran them ragged down the right, and our best RW is wasted at LB, whilst our best RB is moved into CM meaning Ruben, yes Ruben, was the one breaking down the right.

We got out of jail big time today, was impressed with Shez on Saturday but think he used the wrong tactics today when Davies got himself sent off. Dale could and should have won it in normal time, we didn't look like scoring apart from the pen.

...and the Hughes miss, and the Alessandra miss (by inches).

Once Davies had committed his insanity i thought Sheridan got it pretty spot on myself. Eardley was awful at full back but strengthened the midfield which was really underperforming (well Allott was, and needed help). Not sure about Taylor at LB, but once he started there he did pretty well - although he was left high and dry on many occasions.

We weren't the lesser team, we just weren't the better team. I'd have probably have taken penalties after the sending off.

No Shez. No.

????

We went 3 at the back didn't we and he DID move Taylor into midfield???????

Went back to 4 with Taylor at LB for 2nd half of extra time IIRC????

Thought it was a bold move to try and win it with 10 men myself.

TBH thought Stammy played very well when he came on ... and thought Taylor at LB was one of the best players on the pitch.

when taylor doesnt play lm there is no1 running into the box and crossing it he did play gd but he should play on the left against leeds and put lomax there we dont need a lb he is a gd lb

????

We went 3 at the back didn't we and he DID move Taylor into midfield???????

Went back to 4 with Taylor at LB for 2nd half of extra time IIRC????

Thought it was a bold move to try and win it with 10 men myself.

No . .. he went 4-3-2 ... infact he played 4-3-2 from the start of the second half.

Hazell, Gregan, Stam and Taylor at the back.

Eardley, Allott and Whittaker in the middle with Lewi and Hughes upfront ...

No . .. he went 4-3-2 ... infact he played 4-3-2 from the start of the second half.

Hazell, Gregan, Stam and Taylor at the back.

Eardley, Allott and Whittaker in the middle with Lewi and Hughes upfront ...

looked like 3-4-2 to me with Taylor left midfield until 2nd half of extra time.

Edited by dfOAFC

I had the randomest arguement/discussion I've ever had with a fan about Taylor last night. He was going on about Taylor stopping in the middle of a run and telling him he should beat another man (he had already beaten about 4 already and was running into a dead end if he carried on). I pointed out that it was unfair to expect him to beat the entire opposition from left back, and was told that whereas this bloke knew him as a player on the pitch, I knew him as a friend of Facebook :unsure: I just didn't understand.

I'm a big Neal Eardley fan, but he really did have a shocker with his distribution last night. I probably should have mentioned it before, but he really might be better in midfield...