The week in breif

Conceed after 15 seconds on Saturday with what looked a very strong line up. Went 1-3 down and fought back to 4-3 brilliant result and we never get positive results against 10 men. Performance described as poor but three pints in the bag.

Large (3500) away following go to local derby in joke shop weather and what must have been a poor passing surface. Star striker sent off for stupid (violent) conduct in first half. Star striker misses penalty and normal penalty taker was on the bench after MOM performance Saturday. Get through the game without conceeding and win the tie in a penalty shoot out.

Stand out perfomances from Lewis A Dean S and Danny W ... add to that poor perfomances from Allott and Hazell and chuck in to the mix abuse from Millwall fans and ... viola

That was the week that was ........... Two games two wins 3 points and dirty leeds to look forward to.

In my humble opinion ... not at all a bad start .. yet the number of negative posts astounds me ... even having a pop at our own fans.

Add to this that we are in the Midlands and were not due a weekend of good weather until September. Makes the season flurish in to life :) ... What did we do when there was no football ??????

Conceed after 15 seconds on Saturday with what looked a very strong line up. Went 1-3 down and fought back to 4-3 brilliant result and we never get positive results against 10 men. Performance described as poor but three pints in the bag.

Large (3500) away following go to local derby in joke shop weather and what must have been a poor passing surface. Star striker sent off for stupid (violent) conduct in first half. Star striker misses penalty and normal penalty taker was on the bench after MOM performance Saturday. Get through the game without conceeding and win the tie in a penalty shoot out.

Stand out perfomances from Lewis A Dean S and Danny W ... add to that poor perfomances from Allott and Hazell and chuck in to the mix abuse from Millwall fans and ... viola

That was the week that was ........... Two games two wins 3 points and dirty leeds to look forward to.

In my humble opinion ... not at all a bad start .. yet the number of negative posts astounds me ... even having a pop at our own fans.

Add to this that we are in the Midlands and were not due a weekend of good weather until September. Makes the season flurish in to life :) ... What did we do when there was no football ??????

Allott played well on saturday especially when danny whitt came on and hazell played well last night .

Star striker sent off for stupid (violent) conduct in first half. Star striker misses penalty

Quite an achievement after you have been sent off :wink:

To describe Davies currently as a 'star striker' I feel is a little over the top... star moron perhaps.....

Hazell? Last night? Really?

I have to admit, I too was slightly bemused at people knocking hazell on here today. I didnt think he did anything really wrong... he just seems determined to make clearences that go as close to our goal as possible...

I also think, although he is an able RB, he looks slightly bizarre against poor opposition, where he is forced to go forward.... as a defensive right back no wories, however looks scared sh*tless over the halfway line... i remember one moment where he bombed forward so fair play to him....

... he was part of a defensive unit that never looksed conceeding for 100 minutes.... lets forget about the shaky first 20 which was entirely their own doing...

Hazell? Last night? Really?

yes really very solid and made an exceptional tackle in the first half of extra time , he was ,other than allott, our most consistent performer last year and now because he scored an own goal and didnt really recover against millwall he looks like being another scapegoat. shocking

yes really very solid and made an exceptional tackle in the first half of extra time , he was ,other than allott, our most consistent performer last year and now because he scored an own goal and didnt really recover against millwall he looks like being another scapegoat. shocking

Hazell as made a couple of mistakes in the two games gone, but so have all the others in the team .... one of his mistakes led to a OG so it stands out.

Lidds - no chance of Shez playing him Tues ... do you really think this lad has three games in a week (and perform) in him anymore. Heknows it, Shez knows it.

Hazel has had his two worst performances since he came to the club in the opening two games of this season. No-one has labelled him a scapegoat, he is far too well liked for that. However, a bad performance is a bad performance. The fact that we kept a clean sheet was mainly due to Dale's highly ineffectual front line.

WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT THO 2 MISTAKES IN HOW MANY GAMES AS HE PLAYED FOR US, ALL OTHER GAMES HE AS BEEN OUTSTANDING... RRRRRRRUUUUUUUBBBBBBBEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

I Agree. He has made more mistakes (2) in the opening 2 games this season than he did all last season. Cant believe some of the stick he is getting. He is the most solid defender at the club. Dont worry will come good at L**ds with a 30 yard screamer!!

I Agree. He has made more mistakes (2) in the opening 2 games this season than he did all last season. Cant believe some of the stick he is getting. He is the most solid defender at the club. Dont worry will come good at L**ds with a 30 yard screamer!!

I've not seen too much stick going his way. He's had a crap couple of games. It happens.

I don't think anyone is really that worried of his capabilities at the moment.

My only worry about Rubes is whether he head is going to go down every time he makes a mistake (which happens for the best players). He lost the plot completely when he got turned for the goal away at Luton ( I thought it was as much good play as his error) and ended up giving the pen away and himself sent, and it seems that his OG vs Millwall has knocked him as well. It's not just forwards who need confidence...

WTF, is this gonna be a regular feature AB?!?! Jim Williams will be turning in his grave... :grin:

Well for that little comment meet Andy 'Jim Williams' (he didnt have a middle name beginning with D by any chance did he ?) Butler. . . ^_^

I'll look forward to next week's installment. And if you write it while sat in your boxers you could call it "The week in briefs"...

:getmecoat: