a little common sense please

to some of the folks on here who seem a little dissalusioned by the stewarding policy's....

you have every right to abstain from future home matches but before you do,remember you are an important part of a fragile cog we cannot afford to lose you, as a fellow supporter i would urge you to take a sharp intake of breath reflect on the coming sesason and rationalise you descision

Guest oa_exile
to some of the folks on here who seem a little dissalusioned by the stewarding policy's....

Think some of the folks need to have a long hard look at themselves at how they conduct themselves at the game.

Ask yourselves the question of why you deem yourselves to be in the firing line of the Stewards and Police.

Think some of the folks need to have a long hard look at themselves at how they conduct themselves at the game.

Ask yourselves the question of why you deem yourselves to be in the firing line of the Stewards and Police.

Agreed many do ..... personally I have never had a problem with stewards at any other ground (well Forest's were a little painful ..... Free the Burton Two) and I behave (ok Swindons didn't like me taking my beer into the stand) the same way at every game (Yeovil's let me stand up all game) I go to. So why have I had so much hastle from our (Leeds didn't like my seig heil ... or to us zigga zagga) own in recent years????

Agreed many do ..... personally I have never had a problem with stewards at any other ground (well Forest's were a little painful ..... Free the Burton Two) and I behave (ok Swindons didn't like me taking my beer into the stand) the same way at every game (Yeovil's let me stand up all game) I go to. So why have I had so much hastle from our (Leeds didn't like my seig heil ... or to us zigga zagga) own in recent years????

[/quot

i'd hazard a guess that a fair few tick fans have had some grief of stewards police etcetera over the years..the higher the testerone the more likely..however a little give and take ..to abstain from matches in a kinda protest is pointless.. as latics supporters we should all value the importance of the loyal supporters..[there ain't many of us] so to abstain from future matches kinda kicks us all in the teeth...

GET BEHIND THE LADS :grin::grin:

Never had a problem with the stewarding in the main stand paddock.

Main stand paddock stewards are great - Latics have reserved the best stewards for the best supporters (Makes sense really) :naughty:

Try letting on to them with a smile as you walk past - That'll gain you 50% more mischief credits before you get the tap on the shoulder.

Or just behave :angel:

(well Forest's were a little painful ..... Free the Burton Two)

They weren't actually that bad in the end - I couldn't have complained if I'd been thrown out for what I said to the steward. To be fair to him he listened to my rant about them only telling us to sit down cos we were outsinging the home fans then let me get on with it.

They weren't actually that bad in the end - I couldn't have complained if I'd been thrown out for what I said to the steward. To be fair to him he listened to my rant about them only telling us to sit down cos we were outsinging the home fans then let me get on with it.

They did confiscate the drum, so yes they most have been ok .... hold up does that mean our stewards aren't actually that bad after doing the same today?!?!!??

you have every right to abstain from future home matches but before you do,remember you are an important part of a fragile cog we cannot afford to lose you, as a fellow supporter i would urge you to take a sharp intake of breath reflect on the coming sesason and rationalise you descision

Not everyone thinks that...

I like my football filled with passion, singing, shouting and a certain amount of swearing, gooding of the away fans and standing when the game allows....but it seems that the club and alot of are fans arent happy with this...

Someone above asked us/me to take a look at ourselfs... Well I have and my behaviour is fine under the ground regulations yet I am getting alot of agro from stewards....

I dont think its fair for people in one breath say how vitial we are to the club but at the same time say we are a problem ??

Im a old school football fans.. By this I dont mean I want a return to the hooligan day (we are a million miles away from that now) but I dont want to come to the football and sit down and chant happy clappy songs, sat down on my arse eating my pop corn and not having "banter" with the away fans... Football...for me...as always been more than that...

At this moment in time I can do this stuff at away games without much hassel. And when I do get hassel I dont mind it as much as these other clubs owe me nothing. Im not turning my back on the club...im just supporting my club where I more welcomed....

No doubt, both home and away will be succesfully locked down in the future and at the stage I wish the football league all the luck in the world in attracting enough families to keep the game alive...

Edited by oafc0000

Main stand paddock stewards are great - Latics have reserved the best stewards for the best supporters (Makes sense really) :naughty:

Try letting on to them with a smile as you walk past - That'll gain you 50% more mischief credits before you get the tap on the shoulder.

Or just behave :angel:

Amazing how far that gets you, isn't it? I hate to steal the glory all for myself, but a little bit of a laugh and a joke with the Leeds dibble and stewards and they were all sweetness and light despite us standing more or less the whole time, when they had been buzzing around deciding which of us to throw out first in the run up to half time. There's no credit IMO to be gained from arguing with them when they are just doing the basics of their job, keep them a bit sweet and you give them the leeway to exercise some common sense. I do feel that the atmosphere is upside down at BP, with the suspect, "naughty," home fans being treated like the away ones, and I'm not sure how far our stewards possess common sense to apply, but it's as sure as night following day that they will react to certain things in a certain way.

Amazing how far that gets you, isn't it? I hate to steal the glory all for myself, but a little bit of a laugh and a joke with the Leeds dibble and stewards and they were all sweetness and light despite us standing more or less the whole time, when they had been buzzing around deciding which of us to throw out first in the run up to half time. There's no credit IMO to be gained from arguing with them when they are just doing the basics of their job, keep them a bit sweet and you give them the leeway to exercise some common sense. I do feel that the atmosphere is upside down at BP, with the suspect, "naughty," home fans being treated like the away ones, and I'm not sure how far our stewards possess common sense to apply, but it's as sure as night following day that they will react to certain things in a certain way.

Exactly!

After Zorrro's [*cough] polite exchange of words [/*cough] with Wayne Andrews, a friendly steward tipped me off that our small group were being closely monitored for the next few games. Sure enough, another steward was posted within 10 feet of our seats.

Every time I passed him I let on, and said things like " A mars bar says we win by two goals" to him. Within two games everything was back to normal and mild use of language was ignored - there has been no steward there since.

oafc0000:

"I like my football filled with passion, singing, shouting and a certain amount of swearing, gooding (?) of the away fans and standing when the game allows....but it seems that the club and alot of are fans arent happy with this...

Someone above asked us/me to take a look at ourselfs... Well I have and my behaviour is fine under the ground regulations yet I am getting alot of agro from stewards...."

I think you'll find neither swearing, standing or even incitement of opposing fans are fine under the ground regulations, but are often ignored by stewards as long as the person responsible isn't making a nuisance of themselves persistently. Sensible behaviour will promote sensible stewarding.

Just be witty and careful with the goading, and sporadic with the standing and swearing - most of them are fans wanting to see the game free.

Total rubbish the stewards at BP (least most of them) have for years been nothing other a bunch of over zealous power mad upstarts, with no idea of reasoning or commonsence it's no wonder the atmosphere is so dire at BP

Guest oa_exile
Total rubbish the stewards at BP (least most of them) have for years been nothing other a bunch of over zealous power mad upstarts, with no idea of reasoning or commonsence it's no wonder the atmosphere is so dire at BP

Covering your post with a dash of "least most of them".......and the rest of it does not hold water either !