Davies is back for Colchester

hughes already has a second striker in lewi,simple as.

you cant knock davies goals from last season,but this season is a very big one for him as far as im concerned to show us he has the fight hunger and desire to take this club forward to promotion.....so far this season he has let everyone down....and i think shez would be totally justified in just giving him a place on the bench,and make him sweat for a while.......

as the old addage says..if it aint broke dont fix it.......

if and when he does come in he is going to have to justify his place with some pretty good performances,make the most of his oppertunity or if he doesnt and continues his sulky kid routine i would seriously look to offload.....we cant afford to carry passengers this season.....if players want a league one winners medal they have to bloody well earn it.

I think Lewi and Hughes are forming a great partnership. If Lewi can be a little more clinical then both of them could score 20+ this season. Also special mention to O'Grady for setting up Danny for the forth. Now if it was Davies in that position, head would have gone down and the ball would have most likely be in row ZZ.

hughes already has a second striker in lewi,simple as.

you cant knock davies goals from last season,but this season is a very big one for him as far as im concerned to show us he has the fight hunger and desire to take this club forward to promotion.....so far this season he has let everyone down....and i think shez would be totally justified in just giving him a place on the bench,and make him sweat for a while.......

as the old addage says..if it aint broke dont fix it.......

if and when he does come in he is going to have to justify his place with some pretty good performances,make the most of his oppertunity or if he doesnt and continues his sulky kid routine i would seriously look to offload.....we cant afford to carry passengers this season.....if players want a league one winners medal they have to bloody well earn it.

Spot on totaly agree thers no room for big egos

Hughes and Allessandra were my first choice pairing at the start of the season. glad to see i was proven right in my choice. i dont think lewis needs to be scoring more, he will never be a 20 goal a season striker imo, he is the type of player who plays off the main striker, and i have never seen a player do this as well as lewis.

hughes and allessandra, the perfect partnership

not thinkable at the time, but the davies headbutt could be a very big early turning point in our season, and also something which works in our favour.

davies will be a very valuable member of our squad this season, i just dont believe he is to be a first choice striker for the remainder of the season. lets just hope lewis is still a tic come feb 1st

Hughes and Allessandra were my first choice pairing at the start of the season. glad to see i was proven right in my choice. i dont think lewis needs to be scoring more, he will never be a 20 goal a season striker imo, he is the type of player who plays off the main striker, and i have never seen a player do this as well as lewis.

it's the way the game is going with forward lines, the most popular formation in the European Championships was 4 at the back, 2 holding midfielders, 2 attacking midfielders, 1 support striker to play just behind the main striker.

Allesndra is in my opinion my first choice striker. People forget Davies was scoring wehen up front with Lewi.

Allesndra / Hughes - First Choice

Allesandra / Davies - 2nd Choice

Any thing else - 3rd, 4th etc.

Allesndra is in my opinion my first choice striker. People forget Davies was scoring wehen up front with Lewi.

Allesndra / Hughes - First Choice

Allesandra / Davies - 2nd Choice

Any thing else - 3rd, 4th etc.

:shock:

Suppose it has to be a good sign that a player of the calibre of Hughes isn't everybodies first choice striker.

According to the beeb website in their preview of tonights game, Lewi is merely keeping Davies' place warm while he's out...

Oldham will be without striker Craig Davies as he serves the final game of a three-match suspension so Lewis Alessandra will continue to deputise.

Heh.