Gregan

Hazell

Whittaker

Hughes

Allott

Liddell

:shock:

Are you on crack?

He said he will mix it up a little, not give the game away....

As is said above, smalley will come in for lids, maher for Ratters or Whits, Flemming for crossley, and maybe O'Grady for Hughes... but that is unlikely...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Personally id play Allesandra and O' Grady up front and wrap Hughes up for the Colchester game hes done enough since coming back from injury.

As mentioned id agree with giving maher and smalley a game, no point making liddell play each match to get the best out of him, and maher needs games at his age no point letting him rot and if he does well, on the toes of allott and whittaker a bit more.

In a nutshell use your squad effectively, and i think he will. ...... Although contrary to what ive said i think hughes will start :unsure:

I dont think it's going to see massive changes. The only changes I could see happening are

Fleming for Crossley

Maher in for Allott

Smalley in for Liddell

O'Grady for Hughes (though I think Hughes might actually start like Kidderz says)

Cant see more than that. Guess he'll be looking (pending how the game goes), to bring the likes of Kieran Lee and Stam on at some stage in the 2nd half.

Dont think he'll change or swap the back four given they've kept clean sheets the last three games and it'll be a test to see how they do against a championship opposition.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

im a good mate with shez, if all goes to plan he will be playing this team:

---------------------------Fleming-----------------------------

Eardley-------Stam-------------------Hazell------Lomax--

Smalley---------Maher-----------Whittaker---------Taylor

------------------Hughes--------Allessandra---------------

im a good mate with shez, if all goes to plan he will be playing this team:

---------------------------Fleming-----------------------------

Eardley-------Stam-------------------Hazell------Lomax--

------------------Hughes--------Allessandra---------------

Course you are...

--------------------------------Fleming--------------------------

Eardley------Gregan--------------------Hazell------Lomax--

--------------------Hughes--------O Grady-----------------

I am indeed. He seems to have vanished without trace from a minor hamstring tear a good month ago.

I duiscussed this last week matey.... general consensus is that he is just a bit unfit, as you say, I think there may be more mysterious forces at work regarding our star signing...

We will see...

:ph34r:

I duiscussed this last week matey.... general consensus is that he is just a bit unfit, as you say, I think there may be more mysterious forces at work regarding our star signing...

We will see...

:ph34r:

So anyway what was the crack with Dabo did that ever come out in the wash fully?

Burnley manager Owen Coyle could shuffle his pack when League One Oldham visit Turf Moor in the Carling Cup second round on Tuesday.

The Clarets picked up their first Championship point of the season in Saturday's goalless draw at Crystal Palace.

Coyle handed summer signing Kevin McDonald a debut in midfield but there was no place for Robbie Blake or Ade Akinbiyi with Martin Paterson operating as a lone striker.

Coyle could now opt for a more attack-minded approach as his side seek to progress to the third round.

Burnley failied to break down a Palace side reduced to nine men and Coyle said: "The application and effort was all there - there's no doubt about that.

"I was just disappointed that we never showed our real quality in the final third."

Oldham manager John Sheridan could keep faith with the same side that thrashed Cheltenham 4-0.

The Latics have beaten Millwall, Leeds and the Robins in their opening three games to sit top of the League One table ahead of the trip to Turf Moor.

Sheridan is still without striker Craig Davies as he serves the final game of a three-match suspension so Lewis Alessandra will continue to deputise.

Fellow frontman Lee Hughes should also be assured of a place in the side following his hat-trick heroics at the weekend, while goalkeeper Mark Crossley will be hoping to build on the consecutive clean-sheets he has kept against Leeds and Cheltenham.

Midfielder Kieran Lee (hamstring) failed to recover in time to feature at the weekend but could return along with defender John Thompson, who is closing is on full fitness following a knee injury.

GK Flemming

RB Eardley

CB Gregan

CB Stam

LB Lee

RM Taylor

CM Whittaker

CM Maher

LM Smalley

CF Allesandra

CF O'Grady

Subs:

Bell

Thompson

Kalala

Hughes

Stephens

I very much doubt kalala will be in the squad Shez would rather blood lee or stephens in central midfield

Fleming

Eardley

Lomax

Gregan/Stam

Hazell

Smalley

Taylor

Maher

Whitaker

Alesandra

Hughes/O'graady

subs

Bell

Stam/Gregan

Thompson

Lee

Stephens

O'Grady/Hughes

Liddell

Crossley, Gregan, Liddel and Hughes to be rested and replaced by Flemming, Stam, Deano and O'Grady.

OLDHAM boss John Sheridan will break up a winning side tonight when the Latics take on Championship outfit Burnley in the second round of the Carling Cup.

The League One table toppers boast a 100 per cent record but that will not stop Sheridan from making changes.

Goalkeeper Mark Crossley, skipper Sean Gregan, Saturday's hat-trick hero Lee Hughes and veteran midfielder Andy Liddell are all likely to be rested.

And that could leave the way open for new signing Gary Fleming, Dutch defender Stefan Stam, winger Deane Smalley and striker Chris O'Grady to start.

"There will be changes. I have a big squad and it is important to give players games," Sheridan said.

"It will be a good time to rest some and throw one or two others in to give them match action.

"Games are coming thick and fast but, hopefully, whatever team I put out will be good enough."

Revenge

Oldham are out for revenge after losing 3-0 Turf Moor in the same round last season.

But Sheridan insisted: "We will again be the underdogs but we are going there to win.

"I want to go as far as possible in a competition that gives the chance of pulling a Premiership club.

"It will be hard and a good test against a higher division side but we have got off to an excellent start and Burnley have yet to win a game.

"We will certainly be going with plenty of confidence."

Meanwhile, promising left back Paul Black has been loaned to Blue Square Premiership side Barrow.

Sheridan has let the 18-year-old go for a month to the club where younger brother Darren is the joint-manager.

Black made his debut in a 2-1 win at home to Mansfield on Saturday and kept his place in the side for yesterday's trip to York City.

Black's first team opportunities are limited following a spate of new signings at Boundary Park.

He said: "It is good to be involved in first team football and I am enjoying myself."