Should The Club Have A Presence In The Town Centre

edhunteruk

SHOULD THE CLUB HAVE A TOWN CENTRE PRESENCE  

140 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD THE CLUB HAVE A PRESENCE IN TOWN CENTRE

• YES THE CLUB SHOULD,IT MAY HELP WITH ATTENDANCES
    • NO,THE CLUB SHOULDNT HAVE A PRESENCE
    • NOT BOTHERED EITHER WAY

even though ive clicked yes we should have a shop i think costs rule it out. I do beleive we may have missed a trick by not insisting that 80% of jd sports have a few token shirts in the shops, even for a reduced sponsorship. but again, we arent in a position to compromise ependiture, especially as we have (for now) a top of the range squad.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though ive clicked yes we should have a shop i think costs rule it out. I do beleive we may have missed a trick by not insisting that 80% of jd sports have a few token shirts in the shops, even for a reduced sponsorship. but again, we arent in a position to compromise ependiture, especially as we have (for now) a top of the range squad.

My YES vote was for a "presence" not a shop, ie tickets/vouchers in local JDs. And maybe a stall in Spindles and other local shopping centres for a couple of days a week.

Guest sheridans_world

Shop, not viable.

Stall/Stand on a Saturday morning selling knock-down tickets/free giveaways. Whats to loose?

(So long as Bashforth doesnt block the stall licence!)

Shop, not viable.

Stall/Stand on a Saturday morning selling knock-down tickets/free giveaways. Whats to loose?

(So long as Bashforth doesnt block the stall licence!)

Wouldnt people who normally pay full wack on the gate instead pop over to that stand on the way to the ground and get a discounted ticket.... Again this is only a useful thing if you end up selling more to cover this reductionin profits.....

Why not have a presence in Morrisons, Azda, or Tesco's...every single family makes at least one trip a week to the local supermarket. If the outlet ties ticket offers into selected products or customers spend then it may cost the club little or nothing at all!!

I remember at Boothferry Park, Hull's club shop was in Kwik Save!

Totally agree with this thread. You could walk anywhere in this town bar the ground itself and not have a clue which our local team is. In Newcastle the pubs even have blue and black straws on the bar! We will never be able to do anything about the utd and city fans in the town but we can at least let everyone know we exist! Last night at the game i noticed that there was a Turf Moor pub, a Wellington, complete with claret and blue sign, club emblems on the street signs..... Its this sort of thing we seem to miss the boat on. White Hart? Why not the Blue Hart! Old Grey Mare? How about Old Grey Shezza! We could call at the OAP home opposite the hospital and sponser their lounge. Call it the Gregan Suite...... Hell, i might go apply for the marketing job myself!!!!

Ok, I probably should have read the thread first... only four pages too late. :laught16:

Anyway, in answer to this bit:

if you dont know where the jd shop is in oldham town centre then whats the point of putting a latics section in it!!!!

I don't live in Oldham, haven't been shopping in the town centre for at least a decade....

Ok, I probably should have read the thread first... only four pages too late. :laught16:

Anyway, in answer to this bit:

I don't live in Oldham, haven't been shopping in the town centre for at least a decade....

,its a good job i wasnt replying to you then,hahahah

it was a general opinion if people dont know where the jd shop is then there is no point trying to put latics stuff in it in the first place....

another idea could be to produce a free paper thing....not as grand or extensive as the metro or the advertiser,but something on a smaller scale,that could be distributed with the advertiser,or by ordering online or via the phone or other appointed outlets around the town,like supermarkets,garages and retail parks......

interviews with shez and the players, training ground stories and the like,forthcoming matches and away travel information fixtures and special offers,latics merchandise and so on.....could pay for itself by local companys advertising in it......that way it would reach the wider population of the town...