Positive from tonight

For me...it's that Stam and Maher got a good run out and looked sharper than 7 days ago.

Hmmm, yeah but neither Allott or Maher want to cross the half-way line so for me they are no use together as we lack a cutting edge when we need to chase a game. Coupled with whitaker being moved out wide left meant that the night's one outstanding player was rendered ineffective and let Morecambe back into the game, now I know we had two off injured, but for all the impact he had we should have stuck O'Grady out there. That last twenty minutes or so was probably some of the worst football we've played under Shez, very worried about Saturday, square pegs in round holes again. I hope we can get some of the bodies back for then and for God's sake please no Thompson!

On a brighter note thought Kelvin was superb again, Eardley's was crap again (the curse of Facebook til 2.30am) but did show his versatility by dropping in alongside Rubes. Worried about Lewi, he was poor on Saturday and even worse tonight, his performances are gradually deteriorating and I wish he would just get his soodding shot away! Craig Davies showed some good touches and put in a real peach that Lewi should've buried. O'Grady has a lot of work to do imo, he looked decent in pre-season but has looked very average so far, perhaps we're not playing to his strengths?

Edited by oafcprozac

Dunno, he was played as a right back last night.

At the end of our game our whole defence was made up of right backs:

Lomax,

Eardley,

Hazell,

Lee.

That's one way to get round the problem of having no left backs.

:lol:

Fair enough!

"You're just a team full of right-backs!"

... think shez has noticed the problem yet...? <_<

I'm a left back who plays the odd game in centre midfield. Doesn't make me a CM. My point is that Lee's a central midfielder who can do a job elsewhere if needed.

Lee did look a busy, tidy player and his distribution was markedly better than Eardley's BUT he was only on the field for 20 mins or so, would certainly like to see more of him. Anyone notice how Maher runs exactly the same as Mark Brennan especially when trotting oiver to take a corner LOL!