Abandoned matches

No. Chonburi is a large city about an hour south east of BKK. Koh Chang is in Trat province in the south east of Thailand. Maybe you're thinking of Chanthaburi? Or there is a much smaller island called Koh Si Chang which is a 40 minute ferry ride from where I live.

Thats the one, the Island was Ko Chang - you are a lucky chap, but you dont get to go to Tranmere tomorrow - swings and roundabouts. Hope you wear yellow on a monday

Thats the one, the Island was Ko Chang - you are a lucky chap, but you dont get to go to Tranmere tomorrow - swings and roundabouts. Hope you wear yellow on a monday

No, I don't get to go to Tranmere tomorrow but I do get to go to Chulalongkorn University to watch Chonburi's quest to go back to the top of the TPL :)

As for wearing yellow............I used to, but now it has been adopted by PAD and has slightly different conotations. Although some people still wear it for the original reason.

No, I don't get to go to Tranmere tomorrow but I do get to go to Chulalongkorn University to watch Chonburi's quest to go back to the top of the TPL :)

As for wearing yellow............I used to, but now it has been adopted by PAD and has slightly different conotations. Although some people still wear it for the original reason.

You haven't told us what your new League matchday routine is for this season. It's been working well so far, and if you think it will lose its magic if you tell us, I'll understand.

Reading the post bellow about the possible postponement of tomorrow's match made me wonder how many abandoned games the Latics have been involved in.

I was at Stoke in the late '70's when the FA Cup match was called off at half time and I seem to remember a LDV/ZDS (?) cup match against the same team suffered floodlight failure a few years ago. Have there been any more?

Remember viewing the Stoke game on Kick Off; 2 down at half time, game abandoned, we go on and win the rescheduled game 1-0 :grin:

March 1997 v Charlton game is postponed due to fog, we then go down 2-1 as Kinsella, I think, scores a last minute goal. This effectively seals our relegation :mad:

January 1986 Orient in the Cup is postponed despite a plastic pitch, Tony Henry refuses to play in the rescheduled game and we lose to the 4th Division side :angry:

October 1987; 7 Oaks become 6, Michael Fish becomes a national joke and yuppies s*** themselves as the London Stock Exchange collapses. Coincidentally the roof blows off the Chaddy and Athletic's Friday night game is cancelled :o

1994; Several games v Tottenham are called off, eventually played in the last week of the season, we are knackered, dispirited and injured, we lose and are down :disappointed:

1979; Eventually the Leicester game is on and Youngy scores 3 :D He is later transferred to the Filbert Foxes for half his real value :mad: