The F.A. could make an example of Shez?

From the Mirror:

Oldham boss John Sheridan falls foul of FA's Respect campaign

By Football Spy 8/09/2008

John Sheridan will give the FA the first test of their 'Respect' campaign after the Oldham boss was sent off by fussy referee Andy Hall.

Sheridan plans to appeal after being exiled to the stands as his side went top of League One at Tranmere.

The Oldham chief claims he had merely repeated the other part of the FA slogan by saying "get on with the game".

Sheridan was unhappy with the stop-start match, with Hall handing out 10 bookings, and he is puzzled by his punishment.

"I don't know why I was sent off. I was only asking the ref to let the game flow because his whistle was always going off," said Sheridan.

Sheri and Hall have history - the same ref sent him off at the start of last season.

Oldham had to do without a voice on the bench for most of the last hour as Sheridan's assistant Tommy Wright was suffering from tonsilitis and struggled to bark out orders.

So when Tommy went to Shez in the seats behind the dugout, he wasn't going for instructions as I suspected, he was asking Shez for one of his Uncle Joe's mint balls. :grin:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

From the Mirror:

John Sheridan will give the FA the first test of their 'Respect' campaign after the Oldham boss was sent off by fussy referee Andy Hall.

Sheridan plans to appeal after being exiled to the stands as his side went top of League One at Tranmere.

The Oldham chief claims he had merely repeated the other part of the FA slogan by saying "get on with the game".

Sheridan was unhappy with the stop-start match, with Hall handing out 10 bookings, and he is puzzled by his punishment.

"I don't know why I was sent off. I was only asking the ref to let the game flow because his whistle was always going off," said Sheridan.

Sheri and Hall have history - the same ref sent him off at the start of last season.

Oldham had to do without a voice on the bench for most of the last hour as Sheridan's assistant Tommy Wright was suffering from tonsilitis and struggled to bark out orders.

So when Tommy went to Shez in the seats behind the dugout, he wasn't going for instructions as I suspected, he was asking Shez for one of his Uncle Joe's mint balls. :grin:

tough one but they may just do that.....his record for the last two seasons hasnt exactly been great has it.....be a shame if they do as a touchline ban is the last thing we need

Guest sheridans_world

Sheridans conduct has improved no end. I cant remeber exact figures but his first season in charge, he must have been sent off four or five times, last season was two, max. This could held his cause.

Gregan on Sky Sports News before "the only surprise is that it took him five games"

Lol it wer funny that, he did go onto say that the ref was nit picky and that there wer 10 yellows in the game and ther wasnt even a bad tackle in the game! And that if the FA want this new campaign to work, then it has to work both ways. It did seem like that was only a small part of the interview tho, so maybe more to come later?

Yeah doesnt make any sense to send the camera's round to BP for that little snippet really does it?

Dont think you are understanding how sky works... their skilled researchers look all of, erm... 1 place from the top of each league (Plus Leeds, MK Dons and Peterboro) and then send reporters to get quotes from all teams who occuply the top 1 place(s) in each division.'

This is then used as footage for all 'big league' programmes, to add to thier footage of Leeds, peterboro and MK Dons... and for Peter Beagrie to be condescending about as the said club are not a big club like Leeds, peterboro or Mk dons.

Dont think you are understanding how sky works... their skilled researchers look all of, erm... 1 place from the top of each league (Plus Leeds, MK Dons and Peterboro) and then send reporters to get quotes from all teams who occuply the top 1 place(s) in each division.'

This is then used as footage for all 'big league' programmes, to add to thier footage of Leeds, peterboro and MK Dons... and for Peter Beagrie to be condescending about as the said club are not a big club like Leeds, peterboro or Mk dons.

Aye, not looking forward to BLW tonight...they'll have thirteen goals to look at between those three, I reckon Salako will come after eight.

And of course, all of Bristol Rovers' goals will have been lucky strikes, especially because Peterborough have CMS, who is the best striker in the Football League...and they're managed by Darren Ferguson. He's Alex Ferguson's son you know?

Aye, not looking forward to BLW tonight...they'll have thirteen goals to look at between those three, I reckon Salako will come after eight.

And of course, all of Bristol Rovers' goals will have been lucky strikes, especially because Peterborough have CMS, who is the best striker in the Football League...and they're managed by Darren Ferguson. He's Alex Ferguson's son you know?

You are forgetting Jermaine Beckford - how he isnt playing champions league football by now I will never know... the best player in the division, and it was soooo unlucky that minnows Oldham upped their game against mighty might Leeds.

Obviously, as I'm sure Salako will point out, they are now destined to win the league (and maybe a cup - you never know) now they have put 5 past the mighty Crewe...

Anyone see the fergie interview after their first win of the premiership, giving praise to "darren ferguson" (instead of fletcher)

haha get a grip, he was a poor footballer just like his dad, and he'll be a poor manager...

Unless you watch BLW, in which he is the second best manager in the world...only behind Roberto DiMatteo.

Guest sheridans_world
and for Peter Beagrie to be condescending about as the said club are not a big club like Leeds, peterboro or Mk dons.

That's so really really sad because its so true.

From the Mirror:

the fa should make an example of the ref,he had a mare,come to think of it he's had a few bad games when we've had him.