Birthday Games

Me and a friend celebrate our birthday on Saturday and have been deep in discussion this week about games that have fallen around our birthday and how we fared etc.

Some mentioned included Reading away on a Tuesday night and getting rolled 5-0 during the Petrol Crisis, beating Mansfield 6-1, losing to Blackburn in the Carling Cup. Drawing 2 each at home to Northampton in 97, with McNiven scoring.

My first "birthday game" that I can recall is a Tuesday night game in 1994 against Watford. We lost 2-0 and Gerrard was sent off.

Random game, but what games have fallen around your birthdays

Last year - my Official Birthday fell on Tranmere away. Took the day off, got the train up from London, stayed good until I got into Manc, had a few ales on the way over to Liverpool. Spent the afternoon alternating between pubs and pie shops in a tour of said fair city, then headed over to Birkenhead. Walked up to the ground, stopping only to hear a pub landlord tell me (in some detail) about how he had boned Graeme Sourness's missus when he was in his early Liverpool days and not stopping much at all to see a man being murdered by blows to the head and burning on a bonfire. Several ales in the Clipper, and just about managed not to completely lose my lift home in M_OAFC's dad's car when I stopped to give a nice old man a can of beer.

Slept very soundly, safe in the knowledge that Ronnie Moore is a Football Genius.