Hughes out again...

I doubt he really ever had any chance of playing against the trannies. I think they just say these things to keep your interest in the hope that you will attend these games! I wouldn't at all be suprised if hughes wasn't fit for the Hartlepool game either! yes I am touch on the cynical side at times :grin:

dont be so hard on yourself , its just that your PESSIMISTIC lol.

BigFin hasn't posted yet?

havent had a need to, I agree with most of the people on the thread that Hughesy will make a significant contribution to the team over the season in both goals and assists.

As you well know I have no doubt he will be our leading scorer over the season, niggling injuries or not..... especially if Davies continues on his form avoidance programme...

Have you got a link? There's no specific news story saying he's confirmed as out.

I'd be very surprised if he plays tomorrow though. Last thing we need is him breaking down again and being out for weeks if not months.

Match preview.

The club are definately right to keep him out as long as it takes to get him 100% fit, though I get a feeling there's more to this injury than the club are reporting.

Oh, and I'm a little confused as to why noone has gone for Wolfy to be our top scorer.

Go on then Senor - two questions for you

1) Predict Latics top scorer this season

2) Predict the Latics player with the most assists this season

I'll go for:

1) L Hughes

2) L Hughes

You have your guess, and we'll see who's closest at the end of the season

1) Craig Davies

2) Chris Taylor.

Hughes misses far too many games to even think about being top scorer. Play a few, miss even more. That seems to be how his career is going at BP. When he's fit, and playing, no-one can argue that he is top drawer. But, for me, that doesn't happen enough.

I reckon Hughes will score round or about as many goals as he starts games.

But if your're as doubtful as Coco on his fitness then topping 14 goals might be a stretch then.

Seriously, I really hoped that Hughes was 100% fit for the season, but potentially 2-3 weeks for a groin strain would indicate other-wise.

"Lee Hughes wherever you may be..."

Another game, another goal, another match winning performance........ from the best player in the team, and the person who will be our leading scorer this season.... could have had a couple more assists too if lewi had his shooting boots on... and was always in space if Lewi in aprticular had looked up at certain times....

Class above, again... yeah he hit some wild ones today... but he also did it when it mattered... pure class....

Any thoughts coco? Due a 5 year contract yet? :wink: