Hughes out again...

...really hope he's back for Hartlepool.

What is his actual injury? I don't recall an article on the fishal reporting his diagnosis...I was under the impression he had a chance of playing at Tranmere but it was better not to risk him...if he's still not back this weekend it must be more serious that previously thought/portrayed...

What is his actual injury? I don't recall an article on the fishal reporting his diagnosis...I was under the impression he had a chance of playing at Tranmere but it was better not to risk him...if he's still not back this weekend it must be more serious that previously thought/portrayed...

Have you got a link? There's no specific news story saying he's confirmed as out.

I'd be very surprised if he plays tomorrow though. Last thing we need is him breaking down again and being out for weeks if not months.

I doubt he really ever had any chance of playing against the trannies. I think they just say these things to keep your interest in the hope that you will attend these games! I wouldn't at all be suprised if hughes wasn't fit for the Hartlepool game either! yes I am touch on the cynical side at times :grin:

The rarely wrong Chron says he hasn't completely been ruled out against the Dons:

'Sheridan’s team selection for tomorrow could hinge on striker Lee Hughes, who is battling to get over a groin injury.

Indications are that Craig Davies and Lewis Alessandra will continue up front, although Hughes still isn’t being ruled out.'

Read what you will :grin:

"Latics chief Sheridan will be without striker Lee Hughes, who is expected to be given more time to rest the groin injury he picked up against Morecambe in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Craig Davies, Lewis Alessandra and Chris O'Grady - who scored for the reserves in midweek - will battle for the two spots up front."

Confirmed from official site

Time to give him a 5 year contract imo.

Go on then Senor - two questions for you

1) Predict Latics top scorer this season

2) Predict the Latics player with the most assists this season

I'll go for:

1) L Hughes

2) L Hughes

You have your guess, and we'll see who's closest at the end of the season

I'll go for:

1) L Hughes

2) L Hughes

Id go with that (maybe taylor on the assists if hughes gets the goals)

fingers crossed

I'll go for:

1) L Hughes

2) L Hughes

Can I play?

1) L Hughes

2) A Liddell

I'll go for:

1) L Hughes

2) L Hughes

I'll go for:

1) C Davies

2) N Eardley

I'd question the number of games he is going to play. Again it looks like little niggles are the things that will stop him. However, this could well work in our favour. Let's face it we are never going to get a big fee for a thirty-something ex-jailbird who is a hate-figure for most teams at this level, so we are very unlikely to sell him. If he doesn't play the full season out, or somewhere near it, and we stop at this level I'd like our chances of retaining him more than a great season but still at this level.

Whatever you think of his past or his injury record, there is no doubting the quality though.

I'll go for:

1) Taylor

2) Hughes

someone has just posted this on bbc 606... its probably a wind up:

Oldham Athletic

by premiershipis4girls (U13263455) 12 September 2008

I hope this isn't true but...

I have just looked on the OAFC website to find news that Lee Hughes is still 'unfit' for tomorrow's match. Now this really annoys me for the following reason - On Wednesday night I was sat in my local when a few friends started talking about a 7 a side match at the Reebok last night - one of them also started talking about how Hughesy (who I'm told they know well) was playing and coming out after as the gaffer is off on Friday. I really hope this is not true and am not sure if Sheridan is in fact off training today - but - if he is can someone tell him that it looks like he's being taken for a ride. I've lost all respect for Hughes if this turns out to be true.