Front Pair

O grady and Davies played really well together pre season

I thought so too. I see no reason why these two couldn't form a good pair.......a 'targetman' with an eye for a pass who can make it stick, hold it up, flick it on should be perfect for Davies to just play up on the last man? They aren't so similar as some say.

Oooh Baby Baby got a goal for the stiffs didn't he? Impressed me off the bench vs the Dippers, it might be his moment. It's him or CD with Lewis IMO, I don't think I can see COG and CD as a pair.

For me they are the perfect pair. Said before I cant see any similarity between the two, O'Grady - big and strong and will lead the line and chase anything, Davies the off the shoulder player who will do anything but lead the line....

For me the choice for the main striker/goalscorer is between Hughes and Davies, and for the ball winner to support them between O'Grady and Lewi....

I'd go with O'Grady and Davies on saturday.... think Ales needs a break and would be great from the bench if needed...

Edited by BigfinLatic

For me they are the perfect pair. Said before I cant see any similarity between the two, O'Grady - big and strong and will lead the line and chase anything, Davies the off the shoulder player who will do anything but lead the line....

For me the choice for the main striker/goalscorer is between Hughes and Davies, and for the ball winner to support them between O'Grady and Lewi....

I'd go with O'Grady and Davies on saturday.... think Ales needs a break and would be great from the bench if needed...

it has to be lewis and davies. why change a winning team? lewis gets better and better every game i see him. hughes will have to wait his chance now and when he comes on prove he deserves to start in the next match

i love us having competition for places

it has to be lewis and davies. why change a winning team? lewis gets better and better every game i see him. hughes will have to wait his chance now and when he comes on prove he deserves to start in the next match

:shock:

Ahh....you're the same guy who was calling for Greegs to be axed pre-season weren't you?? Makes sense now.... :)

:lol:

Brilliant. Are you forgetting that the original winning team had Lewi and Hughesy upfront? And of course you are not forgetting how davies acted like a nob and got himself suspended, and had one average game at the bin-dippers... yeah, i'm sure that beats hughesy's 3 goals and 7 assists...

If Davies actually figures out how to put the round thing in the net thing tomorrow then he may have a case....

Edited by BigfinLatic

:shock:

Ahh....you're the same guy who was calling for Greegs to be axed pre-season weren't you?? Makes sense now.... :)

To be fair to nesbitt i agree on this. I don't understand why people want to drop Lewis for O'Grady, what's this based on exactly?! Lewis has performed consistently since coming in against Millwall off the bench. O'Grady for me has done absolutely nothing in a competetive game except last week at Tranmere. So we drop the consistent Alessandra for a player who has given us a decent 25 mins or so this season so far? Don't get me wrong i'm not turning on O'Grady, but he still has plenty to prove at the moment and has shown very little to say he deserves to start ahead of Lewis. Davies and Alessandra tomorrow is our best option in my opinion, O'Grady to come off the bench.

To be fair to nesbitt i agree on this. I don't understand why people want to drop Lewis for O'Grady, what's this based on exactly?! Lewis has performed consistently since coming in against Millwall off the bench. O'Grady for me has done absolutely nothing in a competetive game except last week at Tranmere. So we drop the consistent Alessandra for a player who has given us a decent 25 mins or so this season so far? Don't get me wrong i'm not turning on O'Grady, but he still has plenty to prove at the moment and has shown very little to say he deserves to start ahead of Lewis. Davies and Alessandra tomorrow is our best option in my opinion, O'Grady to come off the bench.

I read stitch's comments as about the fact that nesbitt says Davies should be in ahead of Hughes when he is fit, not anything to do with the merits of Lewis.

Anyone who thinks davies shoudl be in the team ahead of a fit hughesy on current form needs their head examined IMO, winning team or not - that is a fully fit hughesy of course...

:whoosh:

I read stitch's comments as about the fact that nesbitt says Davies should be in ahead of Hughes when he is fit, not anything to do with the merits of Lewis.

Anyone who thinks davies shoudl be in the team ahead of a fit hughesy on current form needs their head examined IMO, winning team or not - that is a fully fit hughesy of course...

Kiitos BigFin....

Ah I didn't see the bit where he was talkin about Hughes I just jumped on the Lewis bit. My comment does still stand for almost everyone commenting here as it seems so many want to just throw O'Grady in. Isn't Hughes injured? -----> Therefore Davies will play?

Ah I didn't see the bit where he was talkin about Hughes I just jumped on the Lewis bit. My comment does still stand for almost everyone commenting here as it seems so many want to just throw O'Grady in. Isn't Hughes injured? -----> Therefore Davies will play?

O'Grady & Davies - Lewis needs a spell on the bench. :lol:

Davis huffed and puffed last week but looked sluggish IMHO and didnt seem dangerous altho he tried hard. When COG came on he scared the Dippers back line - winning virtually everything in the air. LA and COG could do the biz for me - but dont rule out DS - again last week his presence for the last few mins was encouraging - winning lots in the air and looking strong.

Perm 2 from LA, COG and DS for me ! (assumin LH aint available of course !!)

DS = Dean Smalley and not Diego Sideburns btw !! :D

Lewis looks low on confidence ATM imo - hope I'm wrong and he plays and scores BUT personally would give the lad a rest and give O'Grady the chance he deserves after plugging away on his own at Turf Moor and looking very decent for last 20 at Tranmere.

Reckon we'll do the franchise 3-1