Manchester area best performing team 2008/9

Whilst Man U may struggle aginst strong Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool teams, as well as the newly rich Man City...

...Stockport wont get near us in League 1, and I think Rochdale might struggle in League 2 (Bury could do alright).

I think Oldham will be the highest positioned Manchester area team in theie own division this year!

I wonder whether there is a bookmaker taking odds on this?

we would have to win the league (not saying it isnt going to happen) for this to occur. no way united are going to finish below 2nd, and if they do city will finish above them. think bury will go up this year as well
That's why I was asking if anyone thought any bookies would be taking this bet, I'd probably get some decent odds.

I think United will come third, City 5/6th this year.

I think we'll be top 2.

we would have to win the league (not saying it isnt going to happen) for this to occur. no way united are going to finish below 2nd, and if they do city will finish above them. think bury will go up this year as well

I was with you up until you seemed to imply that City will finish top 3 :shock:

Whilst Man U may struggle aginst strong Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool teams, as well as the newly rich Man City...

...Stockport wont get near us in League 1, and I think Rochdale might struggle in League 2 (Bury could do alright).

I think Oldham will be the highest positioned Manchester area team in theie own division this year!

United will finish top 2 with Ronaldo on his way back and Carrick and Hargreaves back. I wouldn't throw my money away on that bet but someone on Betfair will take your £10 off you.

I personally dont think Liverpool will do anything this year.

I mean come on Kuyt right wing?

Riera? The fact city didnt renew his loan said alot

Rafa is a clown

That's why I was asking if anyone thought any bookies would be taking this bet, I'd probably get some decent odds.

I think United will come third, City 5/6th this year.

I think we'll be top 2.

Hmmm, I think many are getting carried away with the many soundbites coming from Eastlands. They've signed Robinho, but WHO will realistically will arrive in January? The top sides will not entertain offers for their best players, Chumps League participation will be at its height so will the challenge for the league and no doubt even many of the fringe players will be getting run out as injuries nand suspensions bite (one of the reason I think why we struggle year on year to recruiit in January) Ok 'Burgerinho' has said he'd be interested in moving to Eastlands after little Robbie told him the £££££'s on offer but I do truly think that Citeh will struggle to finish top 8. Chelsea showed on Saturday how big the gap is they need to plug, then they need to push on further, competing is one thing actually winning things is another.... ask Liverpool!

Scum struggle???? Berbatov, Shrek, Pretty Boy, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, etc Arsenal won't win the League, Liverpool.........no chance (sorry Mark!) between Scum and Chelsea.

hate to say it but

premier

scum

chelsea

liverpool

arsenal

tottenham

citeh

villa

pompey

and with league 1

leicester

oldham

leeds

I wouldnt b betting that we'd finish higher than the scum! n betting we're the highest in manchester is like betting carlisle finish the highest in scotland :-S

oh lanky lanky... lanky, lanky, lanky, lanky lancashire!!!!!

Isn't Manchester in Lancashire? Not that I consider Oldham to be in Manchester....

Leaving aside that the poster opening this thread didn't imply that Oldham is in Manchester but in the Manchester area (which it is), we've had this subject before. The only thing that needs to be repeated is that historically, both Oldham and Manchester are Lancashire towns, but officially have not been in the greatly reduced administrative county of Lancashire since local government reorganisation in 1974. Since then, both have been, along with eight other towns, in the county of Greater Manchester. Although these county councils were abolished in 1986, they continue to exist in law and as terms of geographical reference.

Leaving aside that the poster opening this thread didn't imply that Oldham is in Manchester but in the Manchester area (which it is), we've had this subject before. The only thing that needs to be repeated is that historically, both Oldham and Manchester are Lancashire towns, but officially have not been in the greatly reduced administrative county of Lancashire since local government reorganisation in 1974. Since then, both have been, along with eight other towns, in the county of Greater Manchester. Although these county councils were abolished in 1986, they continue to exist in law and as terms of geographical reference.
Thanks, I never said or implied or meant to imply that Oldham was in Manchester.

The very reason I started this thread was because in the "Manchester Evening News" paper, the sports section highlights the teams in the "Manchester area", of which we were currently top in all leagues.

I don't think definitely that this will be the same at the end of the season necessarily, that's why I suggested I'd take odds of 50/1. As in I think there's about a 1 in 50 chance of this happening (or slightly better), but it's a chance I'd be willing to back, it's a bit of fun in favour of our team!!

And...it currently is as per that prediction

....and I hope it stays that way :)

Cheers Corp, I will consider myself schooled.

MonkeyKieron.....if you find 50/1 for that bet be sure to let us know!!