Blown It

Stitch_KTF

In a nutshell, here's my tale of the week....both in search of advice and for your general amusement.

Last Monday night the new sweetheart :wub: turned up at near midnight fresh from her pole dancing class :wub: (I had to get that in) and we, erm, stayed up late. :naughty: As a 'young professional' my alarm went off at 7am the next morning to signal the beginning of the working day. Straight away she's giving it the cuddles and the "don't leave me Sexy Stitch, stay here" blah blah blah. Considering im knackered what do I do? Get up and go off to work or stay in bed with the lovely new sweetheart? Me being me I chose the latter and, erm, carried on. :naughty: I rolled into work at 10am and offered simply oversleeping as my excuse......felt like a prat but by lunch it's all forgotten about, nice and tidy.

It should be noted at this point that I near enough did exactly the same thing the week before, but I had a dentist appointment. There isn't a bad bone in my body but I am a 'naughty' one, to say the least.

So, im emailing an old friend whilst at work on friday morning and included the above tales as a bit of 'goss' to amuse her. That afternoon the gaffer calls me and presents me with a letter challenging my reasons for absence with a copy of my private email I had sent that morning attached. Lovely jubbly. :busted::nnnng: Turns out random emails sent to unrecognised addresses are only ******* forwarded to the boss aren't they!!! I hate I.T. :computer: To make matters worse I had used a degree of poetic license in this email and blamed three/four recent days sick on the sweetheart too (I was actually ill!), and, AND, I also mentioned that I would soon be visiting the boss to ask for a pay rise, because I spend far too much money 'raving' . :ohno:

How silly do I feel? :clown::dunce: Got a 'disiplinary' on Wednesday to establish the facts.......I feel like a schoolboy again! :lol:

Quite a scenario I am sure you will agree. Comments please........

Not being a lawyer but I would be surprised if they are legally allowed to look at private emails. If it says that they do so in your contract (if you have one) however you might be up the creek. However, a bit of 'Oh I was just bragging to my mate, none of that is true' might stand you in good stead after all I think most of us have embelleshed stuff when chatting to our mates.

It's the kind of thing that one feels should be illegal, but isn't. The company is perfectly entitled to intercept and view emails sent using the company's email system.

It's underhand, smacks of Big Brother, and goes for very poor employee relations, but sadly it isn't illegal.

Front up, tell them what bits are true and what's banter and bs, take the rap and be a good boy for a few months... :grin:

Yep, be truthful and keep yer head down (at work) for a bit. The thing about emails is you can never know where they'll end up. With my gaffers hat on, I'd have picked up on your occasions of lateness a lot sooner :grin: Nothing more than a counselling IMO, and you can forget the pay review...

My mate a work is in charge of the email system, always gets departments asking him to look into peoples emails .... tells them to stick it though. I will try and check this out with him as I am not sure it is legal having emails sent to another user box.

On the other hand .... hardly worth bringing up as you have screwed up and to try a get them for looking at your emails may only make it worse.

A friend of mine works for a think tank type body, the boss of which was highlighted in a Westminster gossip website for his exceptionally high pay and predilection for spending a lot of his time either in the bookies or in the pub with various female interns. Said boss got the IT people in to see if anything had been posted from the office. It wasn't my mate who posted it, but he had sent us an awful lot of emails regarding his workplace that you really wouldn't want your boss to be reading...

Well, I have got a 'final written warning'. Fortunately the boss can appreciate 'laddish' behaviour, particularly after seeing a photo! :grin: Infact he has said next time I fancy coming in late to spend the morning with her to just to be straight with him and make the time up.....it's not so bad working here! :)

Oh and rudemedic, the term 'embellishment' went down a treat. Cheers......

Fortunately the boss can appreciate 'laddish' behaviour, particularly after seeing a photo! :grin:

I'm struggling to fully appreciate the situation, as I'm sure many other owtb users are. I think a photo may help our understanding, as it did with your boss.

One taken at the pole dancing class should do the job :gorgeous:

Edited by oafc_ok

I'm struggling to fully appreciate the situation, as I'm sure many other owtb users are. I think a photo may help our understanding, as it did with your boss.

One taken at the pole dancing class should do the job :gorgeous:

Ha! She has actually started wearing a 1991 Bovis shirt (I gave it to her, nobody is perfect) at her class......I'l see about getting one of her in that and have it as my avatar. Maybe it will start a trend.... :lol:

Well, I have got a 'final written warning'. Fortunately the boss can appreciate 'laddish' behaviour, particularly after seeing a photo! :grin: Infact he has said next time I fancy coming in late to spend the morning with her to just to be straight with him and make the time up.....it's not so bad working here! :)

Oh and rudemedic, the term 'embellishment' went down a treat. Cheers......

De nada, happy to help another Latic