What Will Happen

This Is Just A Thought. What If oldham Get Promoted Into The Championship And more Clubs Bring Larger Away Followings. Will All the Fans In The RRE Have To Move Every Other Week ?

Sorry If Its Already Been Mentioned

If It Has Delete This.

Never thought of that its still early days but yes they will

Guest sheridans_world

I imagine the smaller section would be latics season ticket holders and the larger section for away fans full stop. That way the club dont have to 'compensate' people for moving.

Personally, I would have moved without the compensation if it means the club gets more money from away fans.

Given that the Chaddy end is only half full at the moment there is no basis for keeping the large section for Oldham fans if we go up.

i actually agree. attendances (discounting away fans) will probably drop if we did go up, because we would have been in a promotion chase all season, where as next year would prob be a mid table bore fest/relegation scrap.

i would make the rocky pay on the day only, so you can give the full end out to away fans if need be. wouldnt be popular, but money talks

i actually agree. attendances (discounting away fans) will probably drop if we did go up, because we would have been in a promotion chase all season, where as next year would prob be a mid table bore fest/relegation scrap.

i would make the rocky pay on the day only, so you can give the full end out to away fans if need be. wouldnt be popular, but money talks

so your not looking forward to going up then phil....lol.

can you actually substantiate your theory for us and what evidence you would have????

i look at it like this.if we go up then we have obviously deserved it,the last time we went up we were averaging around the 11k mark each week on the season as a whole.

now maybe someone into stats could possibly tell us if attendancies dipped or rose as a result of getting promoted.

i would have to say that the club should give the small section of the rre to home fans,and the large section to away fans and hope that the attendancies rise and that we make a killing on the travelling fans,thus making it easier for the break even target we would have to achieve.there woul;d be far greater chance of increased away follwing in the championship i think than in league one.

I dont think you can compare the two ed.

if we were fourth from bottom on a wet tuesday night in december in the prem, as we were, playing united, we would get a full house. change the fixture to Plymouth or Barnsley, on a wet tuesday night in december again fourth from bottom i doubt we would get over the 6 thou mark.

concidering the form we would need to go up this year, i recon if we did, the average gate would be around the 6500 mark, selling out a few games towards the end of the season.

i am probably doing very badly when trying to get my point across but i know what i mean

if we were fourth from bottom on a wet tuesday night in december in the prem, as we were, playing united, we would get a full house. change the fixture to Plymouth or Barnsley, on a wet tuesday night in december again fourth from bottom i doubt we would get over the 6 thou mark.

concidering the form we would need to go up this year, i recon if we did, the average gate would be around the 6500 mark, selling out a few games towards the end of the season.

i am probably doing very badly when trying to get my point across but i know what i mean

i know what your trying to say....but you will always get games over the course of a season on a wet tuesday against a team that doesnt really bring many fans away from home,that will always be the case....

however over a 46 game season plus cup games, i think our attendances would increase.

to a certain extent you cant compare it to last time,however when we got promoted it was a season of division one before the greedy league took over,i will have a look back to try to find some stats on crowd numbers.

were already starting to see a slight increase in numbers after only 7 games....if the run continues and we carry on playing good football then im sure more and more will return,i think if were still very near the top come christmas there will be a lot of people buying the half season ticket..

plus what needs to be bore in mind,if we do go up,i think its safe to say that the club would seriously look into the paul scholes effect,if he has had another decent season and finished on a high,then it wouldnt be too difficult for him to drop down a league,if that happened i reckon our gates would increase again.

This Is Just A Thought. What If oldham Get Promoted Into The Championship And more Clubs Bring Larger Away Followings. Will All the Fans In The RRE Have To Move Every Other Week ?

Sorry If Its Already Been Mentioned

If It Has Delete This.

The fear of having posts deleted is at an all time high

You mean that some people would rather see a team winning regularly in League 1 than winning only occasionally in the Championship. If thats what you mean then to an extent you are right however I think this will be balanced out by people wanting to see a better overall standard of football. Initially I would expect us to average about 8-9000 and with a ground development, stabilising in the championship, growing of the club we should be looking at 5 figure averages.

Quick search on the internet as I have nothing better to do, Swansea average attendence last season was 13,519 this season so far is 15,153. Doncaster this season so far have averaged 11,387 where last season it was 7978. Forest last season averaged 19,955 this season so far 20,212. So overall it has a positive effect on attendences.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Quick search on the internet as I have nothing better to do, Swansea average attendence last season was 13,519 this season so far is 15,153. Doncaster this season so far have averaged 11,387 where last season it was 7978. Forest last season averaged 19,955 this season so far 20,212. So overall it has a positive effect on attendences.

Good attendances at Donny.....encouraging for us. Looks like Forest have been down to their 'hardcore' for some time!

i know what your trying to say....but you will always get games over the course of a season on a wet tuesday against a team that doesnt really bring many fans away from home,that will always be the case....

however over a 46 game season plus cup games, i think our attendances would increase.

to a certain extent you cant compare it to last time,however when we got promoted it was a season of division one before the greedy league took over,i will have a look back to try to find some stats on crowd numbers.

were already starting to see a slight increase in numbers after only 7 games....if the run continues and we carry on playing good football then im sure more and more will return,i think if were still very near the top come christmas there will be a lot of people buying the half season ticket..

plus what needs to be bore in mind,if we do go up,i think its safe to say that the club would seriously look into the paul scholes effect,if he has had another decent season and finished on a high,then it wouldnt be too difficult for him to drop down a league,if that happened i reckon our gates would increase again.

If we had Scholes then we would have a full house every week. Just look at City for example.

Erm call me cynical but if the Broadway stand is still yet to be started, what's wrong with housing some away fans there in temporary seats (a la Blackpool). I know it costs a bit but you would only need the likes of Burnley/Preston/someone currently in the Prem to bring enough to fill the Rocky entirely for it to be worth looking at. Even more so if we get someone big in the cup (think the club should be getting quotes for this season as well- after all we play Leeds in Feb so it could stay up for that- in case we get a big name in the cup). Otherwise I would let the small side of the RRE be home and the big side be away (with the segregation/advert for JD in the away end).

Erm call me cynical but if the Broadway stand is still yet to be started, what's wrong with housing some away fans there in temporary seats (a la Blackpool). I know it costs a bit but you would only need the likes of Burnley/Preston/someone currently in the Prem to bring enough to fill the Rocky entirely for it to be worth looking at. Even more so if we get someone big in the cup (think the club should be getting quotes for this season as well- after all we play Leeds in Feb so it could stay up for that- in case we get a big name in the cup). Otherwise I would let the small side of the RRE be home and the big side be away (with the segregation/advert for JD in the away end).

if we drew a big premier league club they would just get the whole rochdale road end,as there is plenty of room in the chaddy to accomodate home fans from the rre.

just say for instance that the lookers hadnt been demolished,the away fans would still get the whole rre and the home fans the other 3 stands,but there would still be plaenty of room.

with the club still losing money each week i doubt very much that they would want to do it,i know the old addage of speculate to accumalate,but i dont think it would be viable cost to profit wise.

if we drew a big premier league club they would just get the whole rochdale road end,as there is plenty of room in the chaddy to accomodate home fans from the rre.

just say for instance that the lookers hadnt been demolished,the away fans would still get the whole rre and the home fans the other 3 stands,but there would still be plaenty of room.

with the club still losing money each week i doubt very much that they would want to do it,i know the old addage of speculate to accumalate,but i dont think it would be viable cost to profit wise.

I'm sorry I don't believe that's the case if we drew, Citeh/PLC/Arsenal/Liverpool/Newcastle/Chelsea I could see us being able to sell out the ground at the mo with away fans nevermind all the extra fans we would get because we are playing a big team (we took almost our average home gate to Everton last year). I can see the likes of Bolton/Blackburn/Everton/Sunderland necessitating extra room as well. The ground capacity is about 11,000; 4,500 of which is in the Rocky, giving the entire Rocky to the away team would mean a home max capacity of 6,500 and considering people think we will get 6,000 home fans for Huddersfield how many would we get if we got a Premier League team. I don't know how much it would cost to put something up like what they have at Blackpool (and for it to be OK with Health and Safety) but I do believe the club should be looking into it in case we get a team capable of filling BP due to their own fans and the increase in ours. If its not a viable option then its not a viable option but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand (especially as builders and the like aren't exactly full of work at the mo).

Edited by rudemedic

I'm sorry I don't believe that's the case if we drew, Citeh/PLC/Arsenal/Liverpool/Newcastle/Chelsea I could see us being able to sell out the ground at the mo with away fans nevermind all the extra fans we would get because we are playing a big team (we took almost our average home gate to Everton last year). I can see the likes of Bolton/Blackburn/Everton/Sunderland necessitating extra room as well. The ground capacity is about 11,000; 4,500 of which is in the Rocky, giving the entire Rocky to the away team would mean a home max capacity of 6,500 and considering people think we will get 6,000 home fans for Huddersfield how many would we get if we got a Premier League team. I don't know how much it would cost to put something up like what they have at Blackpool (and for it to be OK with Health and Safety) but I do believe the club should be looking into it in case we get a team capable of filling BP due to their own fans and the increase in ours. If its not a viable option then its not a viable option but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand (especially as builders and the like aren't exactly full of work at the mo).

im not dismissing it out of hand.....i dont think its viable the club may think otherwise.

it all depends on the numbers you are having to cope with.

you have to factor in it has to be of a suitable standard to withstand the amount of fans its holding....you then have to add the certificates the club would have to purchase to allow people in it.

then you have to pay for the structure and install seating,you will have extra policing costs and extra stewarding costs.

there isnt any toilet facilities there now so those would have to be installed,and also there is no refreshment facilities so they would have to be installed,regardless if they are just portable or not.

the ground would need to be safe as if we dicked them they could easily throw stones or anything else from what is basically a building site.

you then have to consider the fact that the gate money is shared as its a cup game,and not a standard league game where we get to keep all the gate money.

im not dismissing it out of hand.....i dont think its viable the club may think otherwise.

it all depends on the numbers you are having to cope with.

you have to factor in it has to be of a suitable standard to withstand the amount of fans its holding....you then have to add the certificates the club would have to purchase to allow people in it.

then you have to pay for the structure and install seating,you will have extra policing costs and extra stewarding costs.

there isnt any toilet facilities there now so those would have to be installed,and also there is no refreshment facilities so they would have to be installed,regardless if they are just portable or not.

the ground would need to be safe as if we dicked them they could easily throw stones or anything else from what is basically a building site.

you then have to consider the fact that the gate money is shared as its a cup game,and not a standard league game where we get to keep all the gate money.

I don't think its all that viable either when you factor in all the costs, and the only way I think it would be anywhere near viable this season is if we got 2 big teams in the cup (so we beat 1) and then it got used against Leeds, but just because the scenario is unlikely doesn't mean to say it can't happen and I think the club should be prepared in case it is a viable option. It would be worth looking at if we were in the Championship though as I think we could be full for a few games (and be able to sell more) in the League and then we could have some cup games on top. There is a reason why I'm keen for us to look to speculate to accumulate but that's another post for another time

I don't think its all that viable either when you factor in all the costs, and the only way I think it would be anywhere near viable this season is if we got 2 big teams in the cup (so we beat 1) and then it got used against Leeds, but just because the scenario is unlikely doesn't mean to say it can't happen and I think the club should be prepared in case it is a viable option. It would be worth looking at if we were in the Championship though as I think we could be full for a few games (and be able to sell more) in the League and then we could have some cup games on top. There is a reason why I'm keen for us to look to speculate to accumulate but that's another post for another time

your right,if we was in the championship then its a different kettle of fish,you would hope that the home attendance would be close to 8k and the rest made from away fans,if that was the case and were talking full house most weeks then yes.if you nocked out a big team then drew another bigger team it would possible be viable.

you would then have to decide how big a temp structure you needed.if current capacity was 11 k and your getting 9k home fans it doesnt leave much room for aways,so you could be looking at what a 7k temp stand!!!

of course its all just pure speculation,which is why i think that the plans are already drawn and passed off ready to build,as the first stand built is the one that is going to provide the constant income stream,by which time the credit crunch could be better and the rest would follow so to speak.