Crossbar Challenge

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like the idea better if I could actually enter. Lots of people go to a lot of effort to get to BP, we should be included in any ideas they have.

Great idea. Considering that on Soccer AM when they go round the country around 1 pro footballer seems to do it every 3 or 4 goes, they can safely assume that hardly any Joe-Bloggs-off-the-street will actually reach the goal from the halfway line, let alone the crossbar.

I do love the quickstat in the same article stating that if every fan were to hit the bar it'd cost the club about 700k in honouring the deal. Let's be honest, for one fan to do it is about as likely as hens teeth.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I would like the idea better if I could actually enter. Lots of people go to a lot of effort to get to BP, we should be included in any ideas they have.

I agree, I'll be asking any relatives to save the Chron for me now. I think this is a superb idea though, quite a prize on offer there. Lets hope they advertise it as much as possible and get the fans in.

I do love the quickstat in the same article stating that if every fan were to hit the bar it'd cost the club about 700k in honouring the deal. Let's be honest, for one fan to do it is about as likely as hens teeth.

I may have dreamt this, but I'm sure I have seen a fan at BP (or somewhere) do it in the past? Can anybody clarify?

Good point rergarding exiles, not only that though how many fans live in Dale, Tameside, Manchester etc.

However, as the comp is being run with the Cron, it's pretty clear why you have to buy the Cron to enter. Although one idea maybe would to name to games as exile days and issue exiles with vouchers (on production of address ID) but then brings with it the issue of what's an exile ... as you can't get the cron in Rochdale??

You can always subscribe to the Cron online .... and print off the vouchers

Me Dad will be hunting down the cron every Tuesday for me now

Good point, not only that how many fans live in Dale, Tameside, Manchester etc.

However, as the comp is being run with the Cron, it's pretty clear why you have to buy the Cron to enter. Although one idea maybe would to name to games as exile days and issue exiles with vouchers (on production of address ID) but then brings with it the issue of what's an exile ... as you can't get the cron in Rochdale??

Or we could run a competition where by the winners get to enter the crossbar competition?

ummmm sounds like a plan batman

I hope you haven't been the victim of a :whoosh: there....surely not?

EDIT: Just to clarify my position I think it's mad that the discussion about the topic begins with a complaint that exiles may struggle to enter. It's a bit of fun FFS. If you leave Oldham you have to take the difficulties in struggling to enter a competition run by Oldhams local rag on the chin! Honestly.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Good point rergarding exiles, not only that though how many fans live in Dale, Tameside, Manchester etc.

Me Dad will be hunting down the cron every Tuesday for me now

It is a good point, but you just can't have this kind of promotion and included everyone, without it becoming a legal nightmare. I wonder if a subscription to LaticsWorld would allow for a free voucher? I think the main idea is to encourage 'locals' to get down to BP. If successful, I can't say I would mind being left out on this occasion.

Guest oa_exile
EDIT: Just to clarify my position I think it's mad that the discussion about the topic begins with a complaint that exiles may struggle to enter. It's a bit of fun FFS. If you leave Oldham you have to take the difficulties in struggling to enter a competition run by Oldhams local rag on the chin! Honestly.

You are right Stitch ! I will start house hunting immediately just so I can enter the Comp , this is just toooooooo good of an opportunity the miss out on :)

Edited by oa_exile

To the exiles who don't appear to have got into the spirit of things, the OS also states that 2 fans will be randomly picked out of the crowd at 2.45pm.

Better set off 15 minutes earlier than usual then!

Another good point, although entering via the Chron would presumably mean you had prior notice to turn up of for the game you had entered for.

To the exiles who don't appear to have got into the spirit of things, the OS also states that 2 fans will be randomly picked out of the crowd at 2.45pm.

That is quality... they should make the announcement at the Greyhound/White Hart... probably more fans in there than in the ground 15 mins before!

I'm actually excited... cant wait to see some people making themselves look like an absolute prat, and maybe one day that could be me...... :pray:

First we are banned from enjoying the right of every Honest Englishman to have a beer on the train, and now you propose to deprive us of the last 3 pints before the match. I plan to take this matter to the United Nations.

That is quality... they should make the announcement at the Greyhound/White Hart... probably more fans in there than in the ground 15 mins before!

I'm actually excited... cant wait to see some people making themselves look like an absolute prat, and maybe one day that could be me...... :pray:

And I might be back in time to watch it after obtaining pre half time refreshments :wink:

And I might be back in time to watch it after obtaining pre half time refreshments :wink:

If I ever have the misfortunne to win the opportunity to have a go at this - the one thing I will be counting on is that you are at the bar, I will definitely need the 'jorvic and maddog are getting a beer' lucky charm...