Ticketless in Stockport

So who else is planning to go to Stockport without a ticket and hope for the best ? It's my fault as I didn't expect tickets to sell so fast, and I certainly didn't expect to have to pass some sort of Stockport Superfan test or be in their 'database' to get one for the home end either.

2,000 allocation - what a joke. We'd take that many if we weren't doing well.

Looks like me and my fellow ticketless mates will just have to turn up early on Friday and see if we can charm those lovely Cheshire sett ladies at the ticket office.

So who else is planning to go to Stockport without a ticket and hope for the best ? It's my fault as I didn't expect tickets to sell so fast, and I certainly didn't expect to have to pass some sort of Stockport Superfan test or be in their 'database' to get one for the home end either.

Looks like me and my fellow ticketless mates will just have to turn up early on Friday and see if we can charm those lovely Cheshire sett ladies at the ticket office.

Was thinking about this - heres what you should do.... or what i would do in the situation if they are still being arses...

Turn up before the stockport club shop closes (or go beforehand) - bite the bullet and buy the cheapest, most visual piece of stockport tat possible - badge, hat scarf, whatever - spend as little as possible for maximum effect....

Then place said article in most prominant place and stroll up to the ticket office with your biggest 'pride in county' grin on, and get shiny ticket, after showing proudly how big a county fan you are... (best also knowing what was the last game you went to, say last season or summat, and who your favourite player is etc...)

Then you have the choice... keep said tat on in home end for maximum cover, burn or get rid of a quickly as possible if unbearable... or if feeling nice, give said tat to the first stockport kiddie you come accross....

Job done.... walk into stockport end... get kicked out within 5 minutes for cheering latics opener - winner.

Me. It'll be reight.

I was thinking just the same as BFL, except I was going to suggest you coordinate in private to share one scarf between 20 of you! It's only the ticket office you've got to worry about, not the gate. And I would aim to be there not too late but when they have a queue to deal with.

Me.

I have given up though after trying to get tickets myself, asked the good lady to be who lives in Leeds to get them - SCFC wouldn't sell to her (FFS she's Indian how did that not work????) and asked a relative who has no interest in football at all but lives about 10 mins crawl from the ground to ring but still couldn't get them (not on the database).

Would love to be there but other pressing matters regarding wedding arrangements means that I will need friends to keep me in touch.

Now, the million dollar question......

.....does anyone want to be my friend for the night :wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

If everything goes to plan(which it won't), Myself or LL maybe asleep on a bench in Edgeley and tickets can be removed

Can I make the point that it will be either separate benches, or one long bench.

Unless we really overdo it on the beers :blush:

Given the weather, I wonder if Mark could knock together a few Tangerine cardboard boxes?

Me.

I have given up though after trying to get tickets myself, asked the good lady to be who lives in Leeds to get them - SCFC wouldn't sell to her (FFS she's Indian how did that not work????) and asked a relative who has no interest in football at all but lives about 10 mins crawl from the ground to ring but still couldn't get them (not on the database).

Would love to be there but other pressing matters regarding wedding arrangements means that I will need friends to keep me in touch.

Now, the million dollar question......

.....does anyone want to be my friend for the night :wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

I'm not being your friend, I've just tried to ring you up and you didn't answer!

I'm really surprised there are so many of what I'd call "the hardcore" without a ticket.

I'll be there thugh. Celebrating like I did on saturday after we score - (I'm the pillock at the front after lidds equalises)

Was thinking about this - heres what you should do.... or what i would do in the situation if they are still being arses...

Turn up before the stockport club shop closes (or go beforehand) - bite the bullet and buy the cheapest, most visual piece of stockport tat possible - badge, hat scarf, whatever - spend as little as possible for maximum effect....

Then place said article in most prominant place and stroll up to the ticket office with your biggest 'pride in county' grin on, and get shiny ticket, after showing proudly how big a county fan you are... (best also knowing what was the last game you went to, say last season or summat, and who your favourite player is etc...)

Then you have the choice... keep said tat on in home end for maximum cover, burn or get rid of a quickly as possible if unbearable... or if feeling nice, give said tat to the first stockport kiddie you come accross....

Job done.... walk into stockport end... get kicked out within 5 minutes for cheering latics opener - winner.

I actually think there's some sense in that....but bollocks to giving SCFC any more of my cash. I'm gonna have to make summat...maybe I could dig out my old Latics rosette and print off a Stockport badge from the internet and paste it on it...this is my idea...I'm not going to be happy if I see lots of other ' stockport ' rosettes on other yonner chaps asking ' th'way t' ticket office like '

I'm really surprised there are so many of what I'd call "the hardcore" without a ticket.

I'll be there thugh. Celebrating like I did on saturday after we score - (I'm the pillock at the front after lidds equalises)

Agree Pukka, but the timing of the announcement of when the game would be played has everything to do with it.

From a personal front, I start work before and finish after the ticket office is open. I don't drive and nor am I allowed to make many personal calls throughout my working day - getting a ticket was nigh on impossible for me unless it was on Saturday - by the time I got there it was sold out.

I did what I could to get a ticket but refuse to play run around and jump through hoops for SCFC staff to enable myself to see the game. I don't give a monkeys chuff who they played on boxing day 1974.

I suppose had things been a little different I would have made the effort to go to the ground without a ticket but my time can be best spent elsewhere with everything else I have going on.

The only thing that I do hope is that we pay them the same attitude of indifference to their ticketing needs come the game at BP.

300 chaps, take 'em or leave 'em. Oh, and we shouldn't confirm the date of the game until 48 hours before.

The bit in bold: spot on lad!!!

KtF,

Derek.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

erm what is this about a super test as I was going to go in the home end too?

erm what is this about a super test as I was going to go in the home end too?

I might have a drive over tommoz or friday and see what i can get, what harm can it do apart from wasted petrol and a loss of earnings!

The only thing that I do hope is that we pay them the same attitude of indifference to their ticketing needs come the game at BP.

300 chaps, take 'em or leave 'em. Oh, and we shouldn't confirm the date of the game until 48 hours before.

As if we'd ever do that. I wish we would sometimes though!

Be nice, sit down, don't ask questions.

Is there no entrepreneurial Stockport fans out there that fancy buying tickets for folks then selling them at an inflated price?

Got two tickets me, not selling them though am I.

Not a Jedi am I? don’t even like Star Wars do I. Just talk like this to make me sound like a knob don’t I.

One poster off here informed me today that someone phoned up and has got some tickets. You get a ref. number if you phone up and actually manage to not get all the trivia thrown at you. They must of got bored.

I've managed to get a spare for the away end. :)