Left back joins on a months loan!

And he slots straight into the team. Must be good to pip Lomax to his regular position.

Where does it say he is starting? They have just stated that he is in the squad havent they?

I wouldnt be surprised if Shez starts him, no disrespect to lomax i think he does a good job at left back but a lot of our erros/goals do come from the left hand side. Hes just not a left back thats all not his fault, but hes a decent stop gap. Shez has always mentioned this.

Where does it say he is starting? They have just stated that he is in the squad havent they?

I wouldnt be surprised if Shez starts him, no disrespect to lomax i think he does a good job at left back but a lot of our erros/goals do come from the left hand side. Hes just not a left back thats all not his fault, but hes a decent stop gap. Shez has always mentioned this.

Good point, I didn't realise that. But with Stam doubtful, maybe.

Edited by Xander_OAFC

I reckon Shez sees Byrne as a centre back (has looked better there in our reserves by all accounts), meaning Thompson can safely leave, as well as having 2 left backs (Lomax and Jones).

Also Lomax will be needed at right back against Hereford, so this makes even more sense.

:)