Jones to Start

Sounded like he had a good game on the radio. Hopefully Sheridan will see sense now and stick Lomax at right back instead of Eardley...

i thought he played ok ...... even if you bear in mind he probably only drove up the motorway this morning/afternoon, and doesn't know the players!

see what he does on sunday, but i'd keep him in the side instead of lomax, simply because he's playing on his natural side!

adds height

natural left foot

good delivery

pacey

overlaps Chrissy something Kelv for all i like him doesnt do

more to come

Sounds promising. It's a shame Lomax has got to drop out, he's our most consistent player in my opinion, but it sounds like a sacrifice worth making. Hopefully Kelvin will play a blinder next week against Hereford and push Eardley out of the team...

Sounds promising. It's a shame Lomax has got to drop out, he's our most consistent player in my opinion, but it sounds like a sacrifice worth making. Hopefully Kelvin will play a blinder next week against Hereford and push Eardley out of the team...

I'm sorry but WTF ??? Lomax is consistent at being an average performer ... Eardley b4 tonight has been our star defender since the tranmere match where only a Greegs masterclass stopped him being MOM

Neil Eardley is TWICE the player Lomax could ever wish to become and is 2 years younger ... Yes perhaps he is suited more to a 3-5-2 formation or a midfield berth BUT how any Latics fan, and there seems to be a lot of u around with this same view, can prefer Kelvin to Eardley is beyond me

Onwards and Upwards Boyz

OH WHEN THE BLUES !!!!

I'm sorry but WTF ??? Lomax is consistent at being an average performer ... Eardley b4 tonight has been our star defender since the tranmere match where only a Greegs masterclass stopped him being MOM

Im sorry but Eards was shocking at Hartlepool, and wasnt to clever at Hudds. And last night, well, he was shown up. Both he and Lomax have been disapointing though in the last 2/3 games, however, so have most of the team.

Neil Eardley is TWICE the player Lomax could ever wish to become and is 2 years younger ... Yes perhaps he is suited more to a 3-5-2 formation or a midfield berth BUT how any Latics fan, and there seems to be a lot of u around with this same view, can prefer Kelvin to Eardley is beyond me

How is Eardley twice the player exactly? Lomax rarely makes a mistake and does a very good job playing out of position. Eardley is extremely inconsistent, to put it mildly, playing in what's supposed to be his natural position. Twice the player indeed. Surely the fact that "there seems to be a lot of u around with this same view" shows that there's plenty of people agree with this view. The Tranmere game was the only stand-out performance i've seen from him for many a month...