Simon Blitz on TV in USA

I would be interested in setting up or helping to set a USA/Canadien supporters branch.......

Robert

Sorry Robert this guy has beaten you to it by about 20yrs on the Canadian side.

http://www.webservicesbc.com/latics/Abouttheclub.html

Looks like their next meeting is on Thursday in Guildford, Canada. Not too far from Seattle :D . Well at least its on the western side near the US border.

http://www.webservicesbc.com/latics/

Edited by laticsrblue

Hi Guys

I am in Traverse City which is about 4 hours drive from Detroit,I have never logged into the chat room on match days as I listen to latics world live.

I would be interested in setting up or helping to set a USA/Canadien supporters branch I have experience in building websites and already have a hosting account, is anybody else in the USA?

Lags you are right in what you say about the housing market, Michigan as a whole is suffering more than most and has been for some time unemployment here is higher than anywhere else in the USA. The recent bout of gas price increases have taken a heavy toll on the motor industry and associated industries. Sadly it looks like being a long cold bleak winter,hopefully some new blood in the goverment (Obama) may help to reverse the decline.

Robert

Traverse City is a very nice part of the world. I was there just less that 2 week ago. I tried out some of the wines around the area when I was there.

Parts of Detroit are derelict. I live about 25 miles from the CBD, in a very nice area of Detroit, but there are more and more houses coming on the market in the area. That suits me because I am looking for somewhere to rent.

I am not very computer literate so I doubt if I could help with a website, more a reader than poster.

If we have a poorer than expected season I could help with the USA boys trip to Wembley. lol.

Sorry Robert this guy has beaten you to it by about 20yrs on the Canadian side.

http://www.webservicesbc.com/latics/Abouttheclub.html

Looks like their next meeting is on Thursday in Guildford, Canada. Not too far from Seattle :D . Well at least its on the western side near the US border.

http://www.webservicesbc.com/latics/

Not wishing to "pish on his chips" but I believe that "Latics Supporters Club" is Latics in name only as a lot of the members are not really Latics fans... <puts tin hat on>... I don't live too far from Surrey, BC and I've promised myself a trip to their club (I'm probably no longer welocme though!)

Robert, I'm up for being active in some sort of USA Latics supporters club - as long as it's called N.A.I.L.S.!!

For ex-pat and Martjs...... what is that you do work wise over in the States? are you green card holders or citizens (or even whats the difference )

EDIT: Prob best via PM....I'll do that now MODS.

2nd EDIT: Well I would if Martjs inbox wasnt full.......ffs owtb inbox full?....whats all that about?

Edited by Lags

For ex-pat and Martjs...... what is that you do work wise over in the States? are you green card holders or citizens (or even whats the difference )

2nd EDIT: Well I would if Martjs inbox wasnt full.......ffs owtb inbox full?....whats all that about?

Why didnt you ask him Friday night?

You were too busy hunting the enemy werent ya?

Traverse City is a very nice part of the world. I was there just less that 2 week ago. I tried out some of the wines around the area when I was there.

Parts of Detroit are derelict. I live about 25 miles from the CBD, in a very nice area of Detroit, but there are more and more houses coming on the market in the area. That suits me because I am looking for somewhere to rent.

I am not very computer literate so I doubt if I could help with a website, more a reader than poster.

If we have a poorer than expected season I could help with the USA boys trip to Wembley. lol.

Whereabouts ex pat ?....i travel to Detroit a fair bit. Usually in Fraser (around 13 mile/14 mile), Sterling Heights (21 mile...ish) and Mount Clemens. It's pretty grim from 3 to 10 mile but once further North it's as affluent as anywhere else.....and some neighborhoods are stunning. Over the river in Windsor and you'd be hard pressed to find anything comparable in the UK to some of the properties on Riverside drive.

Sold a house in Mount Clemens just before the crash....so pretty relieved!

LOL, I like to keep my PMs - especially my chats with IC (where is he these days?). I've now deleted the "Chat is open" PMs from Bob... :D

Anyway, I work at Boeing - been contracting here 7 years this time and soon to be "cards in".... :blink:

Got our Green Cards 18 months ago - GC holders can't vote (big whoop, eh?) and have to renew every 10 years. We can apply for citizenship after 5 years continuous GC residence...

Whereabouts ex pat ?....i travel to Detroit a fair bit. Usually in Fraser (around 13 mile/14 mile), Sterling Heights (21 mile...ish) and Mount Clemens. It's pretty grim from 3 to 10 mile but once further North it's as affluent as anywhere else.....and some neighborhoods are stunning. Over the river in Windsor and you'd be hard pressed to find anything comparable in the UK to some of the properties on Riverside drive.

Sold a house in Mount Clemens just before the crash....so pretty relieved!

I live in Farmingon Hills, Oakland county. Some of the houses around here are pretty swish, and about half the price of home (Melbourne). We are pretty close to where the 275 expressway (or whatever they call it here) meets 696 expressway, about 20 miles due west of Fraser.

Yeah, some parts of Detroit are affluent and some are effluent.

Lucky you sold your house when you did. I have been here 5 weeks and I see the rental price slowly drop.

He's working in N.E.M.O. country and has been off line for some months.

[/quote

Thanks DS, I remember him saying something about beinf offline. Did he take Bob with him or is Bob back on the front line? :shock: