The Wire

Anyone on here watch the Wire?

After watching the Sopranos from start to finish over a few months, I was left feeling slightly empty and needed something to fill the void left by finishing the fantastic Sopranos. A friend of mine recommended the Wire.

I’m half way through the third series and it is fantastic. I recommend it to you all if you haven’t started watching it.

No spoilers please.

Anyone on here watch the Wire?

After watching the Sopranos from start to finish over a few months, I was left feeling slightly empty and needed something to fill the void left by finishing the fantastic Sopranos. A friend of mine recommended the Wire.

I’m half way through the third series and it is fantastic. I recommend it to you all if you haven’t started watching it.

No spoilers please.

Totally agree. I saw some random episodes from different series on FX, but only watched the first series from start to finish a few months ago on HBO on Demand. Half way through the second series on DVD and will watch the whole lot before I'm done. No doubt.

Been lent it by a mate. Awesome. Just nearing the end of the second series.

End of every episode leaves me wanting to watch another one, it is top stuff.

I enjoyed the Soprano's though initially the pace of it was nothing like The Wire. No messing with The Wire, right from episode one it throws you straight into it.

I'll avoid this thread from now cos no doubt some bugger will come in and ruin it <_<

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Been lent it by a mate. Awesome. Just nearing the end of the second series.

End of every episode leaves me wanting to watch another one, it is top stuff.

I enjoyed the Soprano's though initially the pace of it was nothing like The Wire. No messing with The Wire, right from episode one it throws you straight into it.

I'll avoid this thread from now cos no doubt some bugger will come in and ruin it <_<

Nearly finished the third now, think I’ve enjoyed the third the best so far.

£15 of HMV.co.uk the first three series, goes up a bit for the fourth and fifth though.

Jimmy McNulty – A wrecking ball of justice.

• 3 weeks later...

All done now.

Finished it Sunday and the whole five series have been running through my mind since. Fantastic writing and directing and I now envy anybody who has yet to start watching it.

Ranks alongside The Sopranos for me, no doubt at all.

When (if) you're done, let me know via here.

All done now.

Finished it Sunday and the whole five series have been running through my mind since. Fantastic writing and directing and I now envy anybody who has yet to start watching it.

Ranks alongside The Sopranos for me, no doubt at all.

When (if) you're done, let me know via here.

Sound will do. Just getting through the Fourth Series now, got four left of this one then I’ll be out to buy the fifth.

Loving the school angle and the boxing gym.

sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt

• 10 months later...
sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt

Came in to post that, probably would've gone for sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit which is a bit closer to Clay's version.

Fantastic series, loved it when I finally got round to watching it, stayed away from it as it had been hyped so much but it is seriously great telly.

Came in to post that, probably would've gone for sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit which is a bit closer to Clay's version.

Fantastic series, loved it when I finally got round to watching it, stayed away from it as it had been hyped so much but it is seriously great telly.

That was much closer to Clay's version.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Bit late but so am I, only watched the first 4 but enjoying it so far. Great characterisation and enough sub-plots and intrigue to keep you interested.

I'm well into it. Hasn't got the kick or the buzz of the Sopranos but is class TV all the same.

I really want a cuddle off red.