That damn Hughes...

Oldham striker Lee Hughes has said he is now ready to make the step back up to Championship football.

Fortunatly, he goes on to say that he'd prefer to move up with us ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7659803.stm

Looks like he's really confident...

It's definately enough to suggest that if we weren't promoted he'd be on his way - but if he bagged 15-20 goals this year, you'd have to say good luck to the guy!

only plus side is that maybe no championship side would take on someone who only plays games spasmodically - then he would be forced to stay with the mighty blueeees!

Any Championship club would only take Hughsey on a pay as you play contract, taking his age and his groin troubles into account

Any Championship club would only take Hughsey on a pay as you play contract, taking his age and his groin troubles into account

Totally agree.

Similar to Fowler who decided to plump for a last crack in the Prem with Blackburn rather than a weeklt wage with Cardiff. Fowler does have the luxury of millions in the bank plus a very, very healthy income he gets renting out all his houses. He probably earns more from the houses than he does through football now.

Lee on the other hand will welcome security of a weekly wage rather than PAYP deal the next step up. With his record when fit some teams struggling could well gamble with a full contract but failing that I can't see him going elsewhere in our League unless it's one of the bigger boys who can afford to pay him more each week than us.

Would love him to get one or two more seasons at Championshop level and in our colours though.

Similar to Fowler who decided to plump for a last crack in the Prem with Blackburn rather than a weeklt wage with Cardiff. Fowler does have the luxury of millions in the bank plus a very, very healthy income he gets renting out all his houses. He probably earns more from the houses than he does through football now.

There's no probably about it. I'm sure I read somewhere that Fowler was one of the richest footballer's in the UK when you take his property portfolio into account.

There's no probably about it. I'm sure I read somewhere that Fowler was one of the richest footballer's in the UK when you take his property portfolio into account.

Wonder how much his net worth is being hit by the credit crunch?

Think he owns half of Limeside!

Not wishing to pre-judge half of Limeside but i'm sure Robbie's rents are safely being paid on time, every week/month seeing as the government will be paying most of it!

*Do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone who lives in a council house or is from Limeside. I grew up on Limeside and Fitton Hill from 85-90 and have nothing but fond memories.

I'm of the opinion of no matter where he wants to play Hughes owes us BIG TIME, i'm still not completely comfortable (despite his footballing qualities) with him playing for my club and despite him being here over a year he has started only 21 games of 55.

Edited by oafcprozac