booing

all you who do it, youre all dicks.

Think you have to be a little less direct than calling all people who Boo dicks!!!

The main question should be. Why do people boo players ??

Cashley Cole yesterday for England, he was booed by Thousands including Chelsea fans!

Booing isnt right, agreed but how does a hard working football fan who earns less a year than a player does in a week in general show his dissatisfaction when players dont seem to care or try hard enough to wear their club/country shirt ?

Ashley Cole got booed yesterday but how many people would have booed him if his mistake which cost a goal (although Ferdinand and Upson are to blame as well- the guy that scored was 10 yards behind them when Cole passed the ball and 10 yards in front when he got to it) was at 4-0 not at 2-0 against a team that Oldham should fancy their chances against. Plus like it or not Wembley is definately not the best atmosphere in the world because of the sort of people that go, far too many coporate tickets, far too many people from London (who have their own rivalries) and far too many people who don't go to games to see their club (but that's the same for England games elsewhere). How many Arsenal fans (or fans of football in general or Girls Aloud) booed him because of what he has done in the past not because of his mistake.

Ashley Cole is not the first England player to get booed nor will he be the last. If professional footballers can't handle a bit of booing (after all it was quite tame compared to what they have to put up with when they play away for their club/country) then maybe they are in the wrong profession but I can't see them giving up their multi-million pounds/year contract can you? Its quite simple if you don't want to get booed play better (fair play to Asley Cole he's actually been quite good for England down the years). Someone pointed out last night that there was never any booing when England were playing in the provinces (despite struggling at times), and maybe if England returned to the provinces there wouldn't be. Yet this is not likely to happen as it would cost the FA loads of money and they would much rather put their profits in front of results alledegly.

I don't like people booing their own players but as Wardle pointed out how else is Joe Bloggs going to get the point across that playing like that isn't good enough.

ffs don't boo aplayer like that just because he has made a mistake!!!! get a grip!

Exactly. If you're at a game hoping to see your team win I fail to see how booing them is going to help them achieve that. As a supporter of that team you're just shooting yourself in the foot

sat in the RRE and we had one old winging get dat two rows behind that nver stopped whinging from the 1st moment till the final whistle, was ridiculous reallyfor instnce when jones scored he see he should of crossed it absolute pathetic, my mate sat behind me was seething and bit his tonge for th ebst part of an hour. dont for one minute think he will come on here but if he does he will know who he is,

as for booing out of order and some of the fans that did must of been with those idiots tht booed cole yesterday

Edited by neiladamsheadband

Ashley Cole got booed yesterday but how many people would have booed him if his mistake which cost a goal (although Ferdinand and Upson are to blame as well- the guy that scored was 10 yards behind them when Cole passed the ball and 10 yards in front when he got to it) was at 4-0 not at 2-0 against a team that Oldham should fancy their chances against. Plus like it or not Wembley is definately not the best atmosphere in the world because of the sort of people that go, far too many coporate tickets, far too many people from London (who have their own rivalries) and far too many people who don't go to games to see their club (but that's the same for England games elsewhere). How many Arsenal fans (or fans of football in general or Girls Aloud) booed him because of what he has done in the past not because of his mistake.

Ashley Cole is not the first England player to get booed nor will he be the last. If professional footballers can't handle a bit of booing (after all it was quite tame compared to what they have to put up with when they play away for their club/country) then maybe they are in the wrong profession but I can't see them giving up their multi-million pounds/year contract can you? Its quite simple if you don't want to get booed play better (fair play to Asley Cole he's actually been quite good for England down the years). Someone pointed out last night that there was never any booing when England were playing in the provinces (despite struggling at times), and maybe if England returned to the provinces there wouldn't be. Yet this is not likely to happen as it would cost the FA loads of money and they would much rather put their profits in front of results alledegly.

I don't like people booing their own players but as Wardle pointed out how else is Joe Bloggs going to get the point across that playing like that isn't good enough.

Ashley Cole himself hasn't done himself many favours in the recent past his whinging at Arsenal only offered him 55k a week to play football is not going to endear him to the masses who 99% of which won't earn in a year, and being part of the autobiography culture in the last couple of years which is something I seriously despised after the world cup.

Oh and one of my pet hates is people who refer to anywhere outside of London as the provinces as its often a way that those who live in London and never go north of Watford's way of looking down their nose at the rest of the country :angry:

Ashley Cole is a scumbag of the highest order, and I have absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever. He deserves everything that comes to him.

I don’t exactly like Mr Cole but booing him like any player that plays on a team that you are supposed to be supporting is really just biting your nose off to spite your face (if it has a bad effect).

It’s basically the medias fault, if England do anything wrong then its not that they just play badly, everything about them gets attacked and analysed and they get humiliated. E.g. Calling Taylor a Turnip.

In other countries the media tends to stick to the football. The result is that we expect everything and the players are not in the right frame of mind. At the end of the day 5-1 is a decent enough result.

• 2 weeks later...