Vive le Revolution!

The revolution is a wank station now Penk owns it, bring on radio republic !!

I've never really listened to Revolution but put it on on Saturday as it was the first Saturday game I've missed. The updates were cringeworthy. The bloke on the mobile giving the updates seemed interested in us winning but then they just went back to the studio where Reeves and the silly cow he co-presents with used every opportunity to patronise us.

Then I made the fundamental error of not changing the station afterwards so when the alarm went off yesterday morning I had to listen to Steve Penk (for five minutes before I changed it) who must be a strong contender for most annoying bloke on radio.

As poor as the coverage may be, at least they are starting to back us now. Has it not been 'local' people who have run and been broadcasting on the station over the last few years, yet we have had next to no coverage or backing from them. Now an 'out of town' guy (Penk) comes in and suddenly they become involved. Their previous coverage has been :censored:e and that is no insult to Broady and that other geezer from the telly, who 'attempted' last year to cover away games - but it was!!

Once again a great example of the apathy that has existed amongst some locals to their own towns Football team over the last few years - IMO

that's gone way downhill too.

too much southern crap on there now - the music and the presenters.

The Rev and Latics should work closer together and it looks like now we both will. I was on mobile at Swindon but we have now got some proper equipment to broadcast from grounds with, problem on saturday was that Swindon couldn't accommodate this so it was back to the mobile. Stu and Roy at Latics have helped me loads with the new stuff...

It's early days for the new Rev but I know Steve Penk and John the station manager are very keen to make it work as are Alan etc at the club... It will get better.. granted it's never going to be as good as being at the game but I know I'll give it my best shot as will all others concerned... as long as I never ever sound like Alan Green

the fact its called revolution is now a joke. wheres exactly does the word revolution apply to something that does the same as almost everything else?

im having a revolution within the next 24 hours, im going to sleep.

theres a revolution going on at the laundromat, theyre washing clothes.

theres a revoluton going on at oldham council, theyre wasting money.

and so on..

Edited by daznathe

The Rev and Latics should work closer together and it looks like now we both will. I was on mobile at Swindon but we have now got some proper equipment to broadcast from grounds with, problem on saturday was that Swindon couldn't accommodate this so it was back to the mobile. Stu and Roy at Latics have helped me loads with the new stuff...

It's early days for the new Rev but I know Steve Penk and John the station manager are very keen to make it work as are Alan etc at the club... It will get better.. granted it's never going to be as good as being at the game but I know I'll give it my best shot as will all others concerned... as long as I never ever sound like Alan Green

It's great that the club have found a station to partner with but as usual were 2/3 years too late, since the new ownership of the station have taken over they have alienated there own listeners by totally changing there style which proved very successful and therefore a lot of people have ditched the revolution and i would edge my bets that a lot of people who have ditched it were also latics fans.

Edited by jolly

It's great that the club have found a station to partner with but as usual were 2/3 years too late, since the new ownership of the station have taken over they have alienated there own listeners by totally changing there style which proved very successful and therefore a lot of people have ditched the revolution and i would edge my bets that a lot of people who have ditched it were also latics fans.

oh no, their listening figures have gone up you know.

can't possibly see that myself.

(makes no difference to OAFC this, but) people all over Manchester used to listen to the Rev religiously when the DJ's could play & talk about real music of their own choosing. they'll now listen solely to XFM as the next best alternative.

those people have gone. those of us IN Oldham have gone. are you seriously telling me they've not only been replaced but added to already?? bollox.

oh no, their listening figures have gone up you know.

can't possibly see that myself.

(makes no difference to OAFC this, but) people all over Manchester used to listen to the Rev religiously when the DJ's could play & talk about real music of their own choosing. they'll now listen solely to XFM as the next best alternative.

those people have gone. those of us IN Oldham have gone. are you seriously telling me they've not only been replaced but added to already?? bollox.

Bring on Radio Republic !!

weren't you a udders fan at school?