Referees and Us

He was absolutely :censored:e last night. Forgetting any bias when Liddell was on the floor clutching his head, the ref had a look and let them play on a while before stopping play. I'm not bothered he missed the incident cos so did everyone else. But not to blow up immediately for a head injury was absolutely disgusting

He was absolutely :censored:e last night. Forgetting any bias when Liddell was on the floor clutching his head, the ref had a look and let them play on a while before stopping play. I'm not bothered he missed the incident cos so did everyone else. But not to blow up immediately for a head injury was absolutely disgusting

I didn't miss the incident, it was that tosseur Woodford (get your haircut you big ladyboy) who 'tripped' over Lidds who had gone down under a challenge and 'accidentally' left his foot it. He was a disgrace last night, as was that twanger of a ref (particularly in the first half).

Edited by danoafc

The truth of the matter is Oldham Athletic aren't a fashionable club (away from our own fans) nor is Boundary Park intimidating to referee's. Referee's are supposed to be partial however they are swayed by the big clubs and hostile crowds and if they reckon they are not they're deluding themselves. Even Bristol Rovers crowd bellowed for more free kicks than we do by 2 fold and got um! Last night in the first half was a prime example of ref's at BP. 1 min was the extra time yet the ref only blow once Crossley had the ball following a dangerous move on 2 and half mins.

Edited by Lags

The truth of the matter is Oldham Athletic aren't a fashionable club (away from our own fans) nor is Boundary Park intimidating to referee's. Referee's are supposed to be partial however they are swayed by the big clubs and hostile crowds and if they reckon they are not they're deluding themselves. Even Bristol Rovers crowd bellowed for more free kicks than we do by 2 fold and got um! Last night in the first half was a prime example of ref's at BP. 1 min was the extra time yet the ref only blow once Crossley had the ball following a dangerous move on 2 and half mins.

He gave anything 'dubious' scunthorpes way. Even in the second half, near the half way line, a clear Tics throwing, yet before the ball had even gone out, he was signalling his arm scunthorpes way, fortunately the liner who cancelled Hughes' goal out had already put his flag up our way - much to the refs annoyance. They will make mistakes guaranteed, but constantly missing pulls/pushes (in particular on Hughes) is showing a bit of bias imo.

A good job, we didn't need his intervention :grin:

I don't know whether it's the oppo being more cute but take Scunny for example last night, from the off their defenders are tight close to our forwards but are defo leaning on and pushing from the back. This makes it hard for our boys to control the ball but no fouls are given. Yet when gregan or Rubes does it, it's a foul. Perhaps both our pair make it obvious and need to lean on from the outset of the challenge rather than once their player actually traps the ball.

Got to say i thought the ref gave nearly every 50-50 call to us last night. I know he missed the Lids incident but he eventually stopped play. Think we did alright by him last night.

No, sorry Ritchie but he was utterly biased in the first half. Books Hughes for a cynical trip in the centre circle yet doesn't even talk to their lad for going straight through Liddell(?) in the far corner only a few mins before?

He was an absolute weapon.

Be fair Aspin, it was the most blatant yellow you are likely to see.

As were more than a few of their fouls which he didn't card :mad:

In fact, it was quite good that the ref let "Izzy" stay on for them. He was more help to us than them. Complete donkey.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Generally I believe that fans always see the decisions made by the officials as wrong and every referee is a ''ban 'un''.

I have been to a number of games with neutral friends - both me to watch their team and them to watch Latics. And in general we both have the same view - most of the dcecisions that make the home supporters bay for blood are actually pretty decent.

Of course there are mistakes - but these tend to even out both ways.

Hughes was being kicked all over and was getting no protection from the ref. That led to Hughes' frustration which got him booked.

I thought the referee was generally piss poor but just about the standard we tend to get at BP.

I felt he was biased against Hughes the whole match, Hughes was fouled at least half a dozen times in the match some quite blatent and I don't think he got a single free kick.

In summary the ref was another absolutely useless :censored: tool.

He was tosh when he was having a word with one of their players and they took the goal kick without the ref knowing, then the ref just lazily turned round and played on like nothing had happend!

I nearly burst a bood vessell

Not to mention the free kick they took when the ball was bouncing!

Be fair Aspin, it was the most blatant yellow you are likely to see.

It was blatant and a stupid foul from Hughes, you could see it comin the second he didn't get the free kick he thought he deserved.

I know mistakes are made but how the hell did we not get a corner when Allott had that shot in the second half which took more of a deflection than the one for Lewi's goal?!

Unbelievably poor first half from the ref ... the time he blew for a foul by Reubs down the left side when Hooper had pushed him for 15yards summed it up

It's hard to fathom how poor he was at times

tho Hughesy's antics are funny - he will cause us problems if they continue

Unbelievably poor first half from the ref ... the time he blew for a foul by Reubs down the left side when Hooper had pushed him for 15yards summed it up

It's hard to fathom how poor he was at times

tho Hughesy's antics are funny - he will cause us problems if they continue

I really love that bit of his character. It's good for the game to have real characters who are enjoying the game and the funny things that come with it.

It's the Ref's that need to be more professional (unlike the t***er against leicester who let it bias his decisions)

Thats part of his game/character. Its that edge that makes him such a good player

Yes I just wish Greegs would get a hold of him more. I think it was Taylor who ended up stopping him having a go at the defender who fouled Lewi,

It happened at Rochdale and Davies got sent off.

Yes I just wish Greegs would get a hold of him more. I think it was Taylor who ended up stopping him having a go at the defender who fouled Lewi,

It happened at Rochdale and Davies got sent off.

Yes, but Davies also tried to stick the nut on their player.