we are going nowhere

Weve had some bad results but lets just be serious here for a moment. We are only 5 points of the top spot at the minute. That tells you the teams above us are no better, if at all than ourselves. Keep ploughing away and we'll eventually get there. Keep it positive.

Being positive or negative on here has no effect whatsoever on what the team does on the pitch.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like a defeat to get you stimulated hey Corp? You emerge from your dark room and wax about lack of ambition etc - but never say precisely what the club should do to demonstrate that. Is it replacing personnel? If so who, and with whom? Is it about facilities? is it about public statements? what exactly is it that you would do if in charge?

Please share with us.

Okay, have it your way: three defeats in four games, all to sides that nobody claims are anything other than average is no real cause for concern in a season that most of the loudest voices on here were claiming is probably our last chance at a serious promotion challenge.

Whilst I appreciate your concern it is my way which is relevant. So that's the way we'l have it.

As for the defeats, yeah, it's a :censored:ter. But 2 of those were long away trips and 2 of those were somewhat unfortunate defeats. On another week we would have had 4 points, and be second. Then you wouldnt be posting.

Oh and these 'other weeks' will even themselves out over the season. Don't forget we have played all the top sides.....

Selective.

The form which matters is the form over the last 15 games (since the start of the season). This has yielded 25 points, which is neither promotion or relegation form. Had be beat Yeovil, like we usually would, we would have 28 points and be joint 4th. But lets not let that get in the way of a good whinge.

:chubb:

P.S please stop feeding the troll :shock:

:shock:

Whilst I appreciate your concern it is my way which is relevant. So that's the way we'l have it.

As for the defeats, yeah, it's a :censored:ter. But 2 of those were long away trips and 2 of those were somewhat unfortunate defeats. On another week we would have had 4 points, and be second. Then you wouldnt be posting.

Oh and these 'other weeks' will even themselves out over the season. Don't forget we have played all the top sides.....

Of course I wouldn't be posting if things were going well. Talk about missing the point.

Carry on sticking your head in the sand though, if you like grainy stuff in your gob.

Of course I wouldn't be posting if things were going well. Talk about missing the point.

Carry on sticking your head in the sand though, if you like grainy stuff in your gob.

Likewise.

Care to spell it out in black and white for me? Is it that 'it is poor that Latics have lost 3 in 4'?

I know i'll regret asking this ........ why wouldn't(don't) you post comments when we are doing well?

Likewise.

Care to spell it out in black and white for me? Is it that 'it is poor that Latics have lost 3 in 4'?

The only point that matters is that losing three games out of four in a season that, according to the speculation of many on here a while back, is likely the last one that TTA will be willing to fund a serious promotion bid, and this not to fellow promotion candidates but to mediocre sides, is not promotion form whichever way you look at it.

I do apologise for mentioning this, however, as not doing so would probably result in our eventually being awarded the nine points that have been thrown away. Shhh.

I know i'll regret asking this ........ why wouldn't(don't) you post comments when we are doing well?

Because when we are doing well I prefer to bask in a rare sense of contentedness. If you can stomach only facile optimism, that's your affair.

As already said, neither positive nor negative comment on here has any effect on what goes on on the pitch.

The only point that matters is that losing three games out of four in a season that, according to the speculation of many on here a while back, is likely the last one that TTA will be willing to fund a serious promotion bid, and this not to fellow promotion candidates but to mediocre sides, is not promotion form whichever way you look at it.

I do apologise for mentioning this, however, as not doing so would probably result in our eventually being awarded the nine points that have been thrown away. Shhh.

Really? Had you down as a few things....but an idiot wasn't one of them

Selective.

The form which matters is the form over the last 15 games (since the start of the season). This has yielded 25 points, which is neither promotion or relegation form. Had be beat Yeovil, like we usually would, we would have 28 points and be joint 4th. But lets not let that get in the way of a good whinge.

Nothing like a defeat to get you stimulated hey Corp? You emerge from your dark room and wax about lack of ambition etc - but never say precisely what the club should do to demonstrate that. Is it replacing personnel? If so who, and with whom? Is it about facilities? is it about public statements? what exactly is it that you would do if in charge?

Please share with us.

Crikey Pete. I hopes you isn't holding your breath.......................

As ever, the reply to me from the preciuous LaticsPete was too stupid to warrant expending effort on replying, if only for the fact that, at least since the end of last season and the subsequent squad strengthening, I haven't said a word to try to call into question the ambition of our owners.

Can't LaticsPete and Boundary Blue be locked in a shed somewhere where they can talk at each other about all the things nobody has said?

im just facing it that we will be league 1 forever i dont see anything to suggest we will even make the play offs in the last few games. Simply awful yesterday, such a contrast to tuesday and an absolute joke how we are so bad 1 game and good the next, 2 tricky away days now at northampton and southend you cant see past returning with 0 points the way we are playing away, happy days

i then suppose you'll be talking about us getting relegated

Lol.

When he did reply he still didn't say what he would do differently. There are lots of critics of selection, the pies, the prices, the manager, in fact anything to do with Latics but nearly all of them say what they would do differently (even if the proposal is "eccentic"). But the Corp...why can't he put forward his ideas for change?

As ever, the reply to me from the preciuous LaticsPete was too stupid to warrant expending effort on replying, if only for the fact that, at least since the end of last season and the subsequent squad strengthening, I haven't said a word to try to call into question the ambition of our owners.

Can't LaticsPete and Boundary Blue be locked in a shed somewhere where they can talk at each other about all the things nobody has said?

OOps , someone was impersonating you then when you posted this yesterday morning .... Used your name and log in...

"We were top and now we're seventh. We have lost the last three games out of four to mediocre sides. No cause for pessimism-it's promotion form.

What I like about this club is the rampant ambition."