we are going nowhere

im just facing it that we will be league 1 forever i dont see anything to suggest we will even make the play offs in the last few games. Simply awful yesterday, such a contrast to tuesday and an absolute joke how we are so bad 1 game and good the next, 2 tricky away days now at northampton and southend you cant see past returning with 0 points the way we are playing away, happy days

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just facing it that we will be league 1 forever i dont see anything to suggest we will even make the play offs in the last few games. Simply awful yesterday, such a contrast to tuesday and an absolute joke how we are so bad 1 game and good the next, 2 tricky away days now at northampton and southend you cant see past returning with 0 points the way we are playing away, happy days

Yawn!

oh go on then give me some positives

There wasnt any ... However it dosent mean were facing a life in L1. People said the same before Scunthorpe, a decent win and we were back in the shake-up. As you said in your post its bemusing how team`s can be good one game and not the next ... so why cant we bad yesterday and good the next? Cut all the Doom and Gloom and try to look at things positively, were 7th, could be worse, we could be Carlisle fans!

6 points it is then, and in the hat for the fa cup 2nd round, it wouldnt surprise me anymore supporting latics is full of ups and downs :lol:

it would be very suprising if we won all 3 games its so frustrating supporting latics it ruins my weekend when we lose especially to crap teams like yeovil

There wasnt any ... However it dosent mean were facing a life in L1. People said the same before Scunthorpe, a decent win and we were back in the shake-up. As you said in your post its bemusing how team`s can be good one game and not the next ... so why cant we bad yesterday and good the next? Cut all the Doom and Gloom and try to look at things positively, were 7th, could be worse, we could be Carlisle fans!

doesnt inspire you to think we will get even a point away with 2 defeats at swindon and bristol. We are consigned to this league forever i think most fans will think that deep down too.

dean might just have a point. We might be sat in 10 years finishing 7th or 20th each season, in the freezing cold watching Latics play Havant and Waterlooville.

But we support Latics and i'm happy to carry on till the day I die!

Ahhh isn't it great never getting promotion in 10/11 years ? <_<

dean might just have a point. We might be sat in 10 years finishing 7th or 20th each season, in the freezing cold watching Latics play Havant and Waterlooville.

But we support Latics and i'm happy to carry on till the day I die!

Ahhh isn't it great never getting promotion in 10/11 years ? <_<

i will still be watching too but it isnt impressive is it playing the same dross every year. As to the other comment yes we are 5 off top etc bla bla but we lost to an absolute crap team yesterday possibly the most negative team ive seen for a bit

i agree with you dean, it doesnt look like we are improving much, where was the fight back yesterday when we went 2-0 down.

lets see who sheridan signs in the next few weeks, there could be some hope there.

at least davies didnt score for stockport LOL.

Guest oa_exile
Think how Rochdale fans must be feeling! No promotion in 30-something years now!

Erhhhhhhh :blink: who gives a flying :censored: about Rochdale ?

Have Rochdale ever been out of Div 3 never mind Div 4 ? :lol:

There is some fickle and thick Latics fans. Think of it these way at least we have a stable club and are have stayed in league 1 longer than anyone else. Which is a record in itself.

whats fickle about it the fact that i speak the truth theres no denying we were poor yesterday thers no denying we were fantastic tuesday, and were garbage at swindon and bristol. Were on a poor run and its not inspiring to think we will get anything at northampton who havnt lost at home and southend with a good home record

I love Oldham 'n' that, it's just (now this sounds horrible) I wouldn't even mind if we got relegated.

We'd come straight up back up again and at least it's a promotion!

I love Oldham 'n' that, it's just (now this sounds horrible) I wouldn't even mind if we got relegated.

heard you the first time :grin:

Guest oa_exile

Funny that, I bet in recent years Forest,Leeds,Millwall and a few others said the same :blink:

Actually that is a stupid post ! :stupid:

There is absolutely no guarantee that we'd do any such thing. Facile optimism didn't exactly see us go straight back up after the last two relegations. Each time we get relegated the stature of the club is diminished. If we ever did go down, the club would likely cut its cloth accordingly (owners who frequently state how fed up they are with the town's apathy, a ground redevelopment that's stalled, with no prospect of it ever getting underway, a crippling economic recession in the offing...)

Then most likely scenario is that we'd struggle to stay in the Football League-or even in business at all.

Edited by Corporal_Jones