Update on Neil Trotman from a Preston Player

I was at a 40th birthday party over at Fylde Rugby Club last night and had a beer with Callum Davidson ( Preston North End and ex Blackburn). His wife is good friends with my cousin who;s birthday it was.

I obviously asked about Trotters to which I was told how is knee injury is still quite serious and could restict him at a higher level. He rated him though and also asked how good Chris Taylor was, apparently Chris is causing quite a stir around the local championship clubs.

Callum was a top man bought me a couple of beers and reeled off some funy stories about players he has marked.... he just smiled when I asked him about Jarrett.

I was at a 40th birthday party over at Fylde Rugby Club last night and had a beer with Callum Davidson ( Preston North End and ex Blackburn). His wife is good friends with my cousin who;s birthday it was.

I obviously asked about Trotters to which I was told how is knee injury is still quite serious and could restict him at a higher level. He rated him though and also asked how good Chris Taylor was, apparently Chris is causing quite a stir around the local championship clubs.

Callum was a top man bought me a couple of beers and reeled off some funy stories about players he has marked.... he just smiled when I asked him about Jarrett.

at least we did good business there in selling trotman, makes up for the bad signings we have made over the last few years. ogrady and davies. spring to mind.

im at uni with one of the preston Acadamy coaches who was playing for the rezzies last year.

He also rates trotters and said hes a great lad.

And again he mentiones Tayls said he is surprised because he was crap in the youths when he used to play against him.

He did go through half the team who he played against and said he didnt think any of them would make it apart from Eardley tho lol

im at uni with one of the preston Acadamy coaches who was playing for the rezzies last year.

He also rates trotters and said hes a great lad.

And again he mentiones Tayls said he is surprised because he was crap in the youths when he used to play against him.

He did go through half the team who he played against and said he didnt think any of them would make it apart from Eardley tho lol

Funnily enough, I was talking to a friend who played for Burnley and he said that Taylor was dreadful as well in the youth team. I thought he was having me on, but now you've said that, maybe not. In my youth, I played against, and with, Smalley, Alessandra, Eardley and Scott Spencer. You could always tell Eards would make it, he was a class act.

Funnily enough, I was talking to a friend who played for Burnley and he said that Taylor was dreadful as well in the youth team. I thought he was having me on, but now you've said that, maybe not. In my youth, I played against, and with, Smalley, Alessandra, Eardley and Scott Spencer. You could always tell Eards would make it, he was a class act.

A lad I work with played with Taylor at Springhead...he can't believe the press he gets as "he was one of the worst players I've played with"...it's a funny old game!

im the same age as taylor, i used to play for failsworth dynamos and taylor was absolute :censored:e a soft arse too not jealous at all :) .

I played against gavin mcann and the mcniven twins as they all played in the same st.annes y.m.c.a juniors team, i thought they were all crap. Its a good job im not a scout

A lad I work with played with Taylor at Springhead...he can't believe the press he gets as "he was one of the worst players I've played with"...it's a funny old game!

Yeah well thats his opinion.

I happened to manage a team in Taylor's league (Rochdale and Oldham Youth Sunday League) and we always had good games against a good Springhead outfit who had several players a class apart. From under 11's upwards Taylor was always one of their main dangers. In those days he played central midfield. He had a good engine, controlled games and opened teams up with his running, worked tirelessly for the team and you always had to plan to try and nulify his threat. In all the years I saw him play at various age levels, I never thought he was poor.

The strange thing is. I never really thought he was that quick. Either that or my own central midfielders were bloody deceptive. :grin:

One thing I do know is that as a team we were very happy when Taylor was taken on by tics and couldn't play against us. And that came from my players.

Sometimes you can have jealousy in your own ranks that blinds you from the truth.

Cheers,

Harry

I played against gavin mcann and the mcniven twins as they all played in the same st.annes y.m.c.a juniors team, i thought they were all crap. Its a good job im not a scout

Aye, i used to play for St Annes YMCA as well, however the mcniven's and mcann were abit before my time.

Got a free coaching lesson from Colin Hendry though as his son played for the side B)

Funnily enough, I was talking to a friend who played for Burnley and he said that Taylor was dreadful as well in the youth team. I thought he was having me on, but now you've said that, maybe not.

Now hang on, when Danny Philiskirk signed for Chelsea I said that I had been told he was crap by several people he had played with. I was lambasted for it! Plays for England blah blah, Chelsea arent mugs etc etc......

Does this mean maybe i was right after all?

Or maybe they were.....

Rant over!

Now hang on, when Danny Philiskirk signed for Chelsea I said that I had been told he was crap by several people he had played with. I was lambasted for it! Plays for England blah blah, Chelsea arent mugs etc etc......

Does this mean maybe i was right after all?

Or maybe they were.....

Rant over!

Latics invited England youth coaches to look at him and got no response.

Moves to Chelsea and before he's had a single training session with them he was called up to the England u17 squad that summer. Strange!

My mate played for Woodley with Liam Dickinson, and he swears he isn't a good player! even after his goal scoring record & performance in the playoff final last season, he still maintains that he just a flat footed battering ramm with no skills or talent.

He also played with Hackney (spl) who's gone on to play for Carslile, who he does rate!

And when he was on the books of Stockport, he was in the same team as Tommy Rowe, who he says is the best player he's played with & said we should sign up a couple of seasons ago (as though i could just make that happen!!!!)