Burnt at the stake.....

Stood watching our local church 'Guy' go up in flames last night it got me wondering who i would like to see in that position and one

man who came to mind was Roy Keane......

I should remember him for being one of the best mid-fielders of my time but all i bring to mind is the following;

1) That awful tackle / attack on Alf Inge Haaland in 1997, he then went on to admit he tried to injure him and the

manure fans applauded him for being so honest..... :shock:

2) His undermining of Mick McCarthy and his 2002 World Cup squad

For them reasons alone i was humming to myself 'burn, burn, burn the bast****. 'burn, burn burn the bast****.'...

A little harsh?.....maybe, but thats how he makes me feel.

I now cheer any team playing Sunderland

Do i need therapy?..........

================================================================

And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.

I always make a point of switching on to the film about her a few minutes from the end.

I’d recommend Keane’s autobiography to anyone as a good read. Although it doesn’t justify everything he’s done in his life it’s interesting to see it from the other side. I certainly had a lot more time for his views on McCarthy after it – Keane wanted to win but found himself in a set up worse than Mike Bassett’s England squad. I’m not surprised he wasn’t happy, dozens of blazers in first class while the likes of Niall Quinn are cramped up in economy for the best part of a day?

The Haaland thing – he wouldn’t be the first player who went out to do someone, although he may have been the least subtle about it. It is over the top that people make out he ended Haaland’s career, that’s just rubbish.

Stood watching our local church 'Guy' go up in flames last night it got me wondering who i would like to see in that position and one

man who came to mind was Roy Keane......

I should remember him for being one of the best mid-fielders of my time but all i bring to mind is the following;

1) That awful tackle / attack on Alf Inge Haaland in 1997, he then went on to admit he tried to injure him and the

manure fans applauded him for being so honest..... :shock:

2) His undermining of Mick McCarthy and his 2002 World Cup squad

For them reasons alone i was humming to myself 'burn, burn, burn the bast****. 'burn, burn burn the bast****.'...

A little harsh?.....maybe, but thats how he makes me feel.

I now cheer any team playing Sunderland

Do i need therapy?..........

================================================================

I feel the same about the little runt. I think the 2 points you listed only scratch the surface of his arrogance. Mind you, he was groomed by Robson/Fergie so what can I expect.

I added Sunderland to my list of teams I want to lose everything until they go out of business. You might guess who's first on the list... <puts tin hat on>

"Bitter, party of one?" :grin:

Jamie Oliver

Dawn French

Ashley Cole

Didier Drogba

Sharon Osborne and family (excluding Ozzy)

Joey Barton

The ref from the Leicester game

My old housemate

Robert Mugabe

of you going wiv none football orientation , RIChard and JUdy and Chris Evans

Vanessa Feltz

Sian Lloyd

All deserve to be burned alive