remembrance sunday

boboafc

how is (or just is) rememberance sunday marked in israel?

and the fact that there are already several funds/ charities for serving soldiers, leads me to believe that rememberance sunday and the poppy appeal is being hijacked to make iraq seem more forgivable.

dont take that as a dig at soldiers, its not. they didnt ask to go murder a million iraqis.

and the fact that there are already several funds/ charities for serving soldiers, leads me to believe that rememberance sunday and the poppy appeal is being hijacked to make iraq seem more forgivable.

dont take that as a dig at soldiers, its not. they didnt ask to go murder a million iraqis.

over here there is a rememberance day in may the whole country stands still for 2mins at 10am when sirens go off ,cars stop etc and on tv thereare no commercails and on 1channel they show the name of every soldier/civillian who has died in war or terroist attacks since 1947

:unsure:

How many innocent Iraqis lost there lives every day, month, year under Saddams brutal reign ?

I for one is indebted to the forces for helping save millions who otherwise would have be dead by now.

The reasons we are over there can be debated for years but we must remember that you can't beat terrorism EVER you just have to ensure that their wicked acts are limited and distrupted.

Thats why every year we remember - Least we forget :redrose:

over here there is a rememberance day in may the whole country stands still for 2mins at 10am when sirens go off ,cars stop etc and on tv thereare no commercails and on 1channel they show the name of every soldier/civillian who has died in war or terroist attacks since 1947

strange we cant manage that in england, especially when you consider what was defeated in WWII

Bearing in mind that Israel as a named state didn't exist until 1948 (It was Palestine prior to that) and was under Ottoman Rule during the First World War, I'd imagine it'd be slightly ambiguous if anything. Rememberance Day (i.e. 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month) is really only symbolic within Commonwealth countries. I don't think Germany even do anything clearly symbolic to remember their war dead, which is really sad given they lost nearly as many soldiers as Britain, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and France collectively.

As for the Iraq conflict. Anyone lost there it just seems so much more sad for me because it's a conflict we just shouldn't have got involved in.

Are you all aware the Germans begin the Kirmish which starts at 11.00am on the 11th day of the 11th month and goes to February.

As for the above the last 4 words make me sick, f*** you. You are ordered to go somewhere you'd rather not and survive and you call it murder, you should tell that to the incapacitated and the families of the dead.

As for the above the last 4 words make me sick, f*** you. You are ordered to go somewhere you'd rather not and survive and you call it murder, you should tell that to the incapacitated and the families of the dead.

f*** you too. thats exactly what i was saying. you also seem to be implying that the families of the dead, or incapacitated innocent iraqis dont have feelings? youre a w***** mate. i also feel im as guilty as my tax money funds this murder. like i said, its not the soldiers fault. its not the soldiers fault. its not the soldiers fault. is four times enough for your dense brain to process or shall i say it again?

and for the record, i too have mates who have been forced to kill fellow human beings in iraq.

Edited by rummytheowl
profanity edit x2

But my point is you say our Soldiers are murdering innocent Iraqis, they are only obeying their orders and surviving. It's your insinuation that our Servicemen are cold blooded murderers, when they are not. Maybe I'm a :censored:, but I'm certain about what our boys are doing, and I know the pressure they are under. Your comments don't make it any easier.

**** you too. thats exactly what i was saying. you also seem to be implying that the families of the dead, or incapacitated innocent iraqis dont have feelings? youre a ****** mate. i also feel im as guilty as my tax money funds this murder. like i said, its not the soldiers fault. its not the soldiers fault. its not the soldiers fault. is four times enough for your dense brain to process or shall i say it again?

and for the record, i too have mates who have been forced to kill fellow human beings in iraq.

Either calm down - everybody - or get booted. It's in your hands.

no thats not my insinuation atall, i dont insinuate anything when its something i feel strongly about. i say straight out its wrong, but i dont blame the soldiers. then you swear at me and tell me its not the soldiers fault? in future dont be so eager to argue and read whats posted.

i apologise for my profanity. i was very angry that someone could say exactly the same as me, but have a go at me for it. i also stand by my original comment, namely that iraq should not be used in the same breath as rememberance sunday. i bet the representative of the muslim communty, at the cenotaph yesterday, would not be happy if the broadcasters were to utter a sentence inluding the word 'iraq' as he laid his wreath.

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/309.$plit/C_...ock_0_Image.jpg

Vincent Crain - 12th Regiment Royal Artillery (Gunner) - Died 09/09/2004 - Czech Republic

Taken from this world far too early (19 years). Lost his life in a plane crash on a training mission. Died doing a job he loved and had dreamed about doing since we ran about nursery and primary school together shooting one another with sticks.

G.B.N.F - R.I.P Vinnie. :disappointed:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Bob great post thanks. I watched the cenotaph formalities on sunday, and i have to say how funny it was at one point...

A lot of the service men and women had been given red mobility scooters, so when a group of them came past in formation with that song charge of the light brigade in the background i p1ssed myself

So would both my grandfathers who served for Britain and Holland.