What should our back four be for Northampton?

Guest oa_exile
Glad to see Lomax and Stam in there maybe change Eardley for Jones

Which would mean Eardley at LB , Shez has shown that Jones is in Shez's plans by extending his loan period, so IMO I cant see it B)

With the present situation purely off form and Shez's preference to Jones at LB I would have to go with Mike.

Which would mean Eardley at LB , Shez has shown that Jones is in Shez's plans by extending his loan period, so IMO I cant see it B)

With the present situation purely off form and Shez's preference to Jones at LB I would have to go with Mike.

If we play Eardley, Hazel, Stam. Lomax as the back four then I would be okay with that :grin:

Crossley

Eardley (RWB) Hazell (CB) Stam (CB)(for the next couple of games, let greegs get his head sorted) Jones (LWB)

Allott/Maher
(DM)

Lee(RCM) Whitaker(CM) Taylor (LCM)

Hughes Alessandra
(ST) (ST)

SUBS: Fleming, Gregan, Allott/Maher, Smalley, Lomax

Eardley and Jones to bomb on, whitaker, lee and taylor to play more central, also can change to a 442 with this as well if needed with lee moving to orthodox RM, looked good though going forward centrally at burnley.
(wouldnt involve liddell, ogrady as neither give us much at present to warrant a place in my opinion) PICK THIS TEAM SHEZ AND STICK WITH IT!! Edited by shefflatic

Crossley

Eardley (RWB) Hazell (CB) Stam (CB)(for the next couple of games, let greegs get his head sorted) Jones (LWB)

Allott/Maher

(DM)

Hughes Alessandra

(ST) (ST)

Eardley and Jones to bomb on, whitaker, lee and taylor to play more central, also can change to a 442 with this as well if needed with lee moving to orthodox RM, looked good though going forward centrally at burnley.

(wouldnt involve liddell, ogrady as neither give us much at present to warrant a place in my opinion) PICK THIS TEAM SHEZ AND STICK WITH IT!!

Wing backs 'bombing' on with just 2 centre halves? Sounds, erm, exciting! All things considered I have to go with Mike, despite recent debate! Although if Greegs isn't right to be in the side I can't see much point in him being on the bench? Not good....

If we dont start next week with the same formation that we finished with at Cheltenham, then i would be seriously dissapointed. As per my other posts, it suits us down to the ground:

--------------Norm----------------

Lomax Hazell Stammy Jones

----Allott---Maher--Whits

Smalley---------------Taylor

----------Hughesy------------

Shame for Lewi - but this gives us the stability we need in midfield. We just cant afford two strikers at the moment the way our midfield is playing. We need Maher's stability in the team, and Chrissy and deano can easily make thre up a front three when attacking. One of the midfield three then also drops in to cover the full backs when they are attacking.

Subs. Fleming, Lewi, Lee, Liddell, Eards.

Greegs - as has been discussed, have a restm get your head right and get back to be your dominant self soon.

And if we revert back to 442 and get battered in the midfield yet again, then it may be the final nail in Sheridans coffin.

I wonder how everyone is thinking Stefan Stam is the answer to our defence crisis?

No, no no no.... not what we are saying, Calamity Stam is far down on my ideal defensive replacements, but the bootom line is Greegs needs a break, and we dont have anyone else!!

As I said on another thread, this pointless striker search would not be my priority at the moment - just get sodding O'Grady back. If I was Shez, i'd be spending the next week frantically searching for another dominant Centre half to lead the back 4 in greegs absence...

And if we play 433 - we only need one main striker, Hughesy and Lewi can bothe do that...

As BF has stated...he may not necessarily be THE answer, but at the moment, he is the ONLY answer

He isn't. We need to hit the loan market this week for a big, intimidating monster of a centre half.

Putting Stam in there will only serve to make an already fragile back four look, err, even more fragile IMO.

As BF has stated...he may not necessarily be THE answer, but at the moment, he is the ONLY answer, unless you recall John Thompson :wink: Or maybe you prefer Eardly at centre half :shock: Greags needs a rest.

Is this the same Stam who got done like a kipper 2/3 times on Saturday. He needs a few reserve games, and I will put money on another injury lurking.... Just being honest

He isn't. We need to hit the loan market this week for a big, intimidating monster of a centre half.

Putting Stam in there will only serve to make an already fragile back four look, err, even more fragile IMO.

As long as its better than what we have? Thats what worries be about the loan market, thay are either not good enough or need games, something we cant risk.

Do you think Manure will let Vidic go then do you?? :wink:

Why? Is he the only big lumbering centre half that is available at the moment?

We're missing someone to lead, and dominate in the centre of defence. Something that Gregan usually does effortlessly when his head is right. This is something that Stam doesn't really bring to the party and therefore isn't an option for me. It'll probably be the case but I'm pretty sure we'll be going over the same ground in a months time when we've let in another shovelful of soft goals.

Yes, I know the loan market is a bit spurious. I can see that arguement. But there are decent players out there itching to get football. Lest we forget, how immense was Gregan when he first came, that's right, on a loan deal?

Experience + Brick :censored:house + Not getting regular football at a higher league club = ???

Crossley

Allott/Maher

(DM)

Hughes Alessandra

(ST) (ST)

(wouldnt involve liddell, ogrady as neither give us much at present to warrant a place in my opinion) PICK THIS TEAM SHEZ AND STICK WITH IT!!

looks good to me

As BF has stated...he may not necessarily be THE answer, but at the moment, he is the ONLY answer, unless you recall John Thompson :wink: Or maybe you prefer Eardly at centre half :shock: Greags needs a rest.

how dare you even suggest it joking or not :grin:

lomax gregan, hazelll, jones 4 me

Edited by neiladamsheadband

against huddersfield stam and hazell got absolutely bullied by liam dickinson , northampton have constantine and akinfenwa uptop or at least one of them stam is too soft for league one and far to injury prone his injury history is a joke. we could do with getting trotman back on loan when fit. i fear a battering on saturday.