Thommo getting fitter and stronger.

Glass half full supporters may read this as bad news, but with our depleted squad, it may turn out to be good news. Wonder which way Shez will read it.

Cup-tied Thommo says there more to come from him (which we all new) in this interview in the Nottingham Evening Post, mistakenly under a Forest heading instead of that of the oldest Football League Club, where he has already made a "hugely impressive impact".

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...e-at-Notts.aspx

Glass half full supporters may read this as bad news, but with our depleted squad, it may turn out to be good news. Wonder which way Shez will read it.

Cup-tied Thommo says there more to come from him (which we all new) in this interview in the Nottingham Evening Post, mistakenly under a Forest heading instead of that of the oldest Football League Club, where he has already made a "hugely impressive impact".

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...e-at-Notts.aspx

I for one would give him a chance

id give him a go as well, the reason he went on loan was partly to find some form so if hes found it he could come back into the team. Hats off to Sheridan for finding him somewhere to find form i say

Shez in!

I think Thompson's been unlucky with Latics. Personally I think he should go, and build his career back up elsewhere.

But if he stays, plays and does the biz at BP I'd be happy.

I don't think we've ever seen him fully fit....looking at some of the horrific defending latley, i'd certainly give the lad a chance once he has some match sharpness. If he struggles to play well for us once he's sharp, the decision can be made to get rid....i'm sure notts county would take him off of our hands.

Shez in!

I think Thompson's been unlucky with Latics. Personally I think he should go, and build his career back up elsewhere.

But if he stays, plays and does the biz at BP I'd be happy.

He was rated and Notts and Tranmere were gutted when they couldnt keep him,

Im just sick of Oldham fans judging players so quick,

Lol...bring back Mark Arber too!!! He was cracking at League Two...Ricky Butcher also! Hey...what's Branston up to...

Can keep spinning it all that is liked...posting up words about his fitness and man of the match awards all you like...

Not good enough! Not for this level...let alone at trying to get us up a level...

Not good enough! Not for this level...let alone at trying to get us up a level...

Arber and Branston both played plenty of games when fully fit.....you could make a judgement that they weren't good enough. Thompson played for forrest in league above i believe, and tranmere fans thought he was a decent player. For me, you can't make a judgement on the fella untill he's had a chance fully fit. Something he's been unable to have since he signed.

Arber and Branston both played plenty of games when fully fit.....you could make a judgement that they weren't good enough. Thompson played for forrest in league above i believe, and tranmere fans thought he was a decent player. For me, you can't make a judgement on the fella untill he's had a chance fully fit. Something he's been unable to have since he signed.

My god...one sec...I've got some cutting and pasting to do...

Done...

I love these fairytales of him never being fit. Very poor player. Came to us on the back of us sticking 8 past the defences he "marshalled" over 3 games during the 06/07 season. Had an uninterrupted pre-season. Was calamatous at best and shocking at worst. Only decent effort for us was the 13mins vs Everton, which I hoped I'd see again for 90mins sometime. Don't think he has that in him tho...neither does Shez. I'm pleasantly surprised by that as I thought Shez was going to stick by him.

Thompson, should he go, will nicely fit onto the pile of "scrapheap CB's" along with Arber, Branston and Lord Ndiwa Kangana! Saw enough of him without a Latics shirt on...and then sadly, enough of him in one. Ta! Ta! Thommo!

My best Thompson moment though...well worst :wink:...is at Clyde away...2 minutes in...ball comes in...no pressure, Thompson stands infront of Crossley, claims he's going to clear it, then just stops and lets it go past him into the back of the net. Then proceeds to turn and look at Crossley. Just an utter clown of a moment...personally think he told Crossley he'd deal with it then decided it was gunna go wide and just left it to go in. Just ridiculous.

By the way (this is to Garcon)...if Thompson was MOTM in the last 2 games you saw him play against us, that'd be the Forest 5-0 and Tramps 1-0. Are you sure??? Really??? How can a defender be the star player in a 5-0 defeat???

The guy has had his chance...I never understood us going for him. And he's never shown anything to suggest he was right to bring here. Not good enough!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

He was rated and Notts and Tranmere were gutted when they couldnt keep him,

Im just sick of Oldham fans judging players so quick,

I wouldn't say he was judged too quickly!!

Like alot of Sheridan's signings he has played very little football since coming here, and he's been here about 16months now!

His performances when he first came didn't exactly instill much confidence did it!

To put it mildly he was woeful at best, however he was never fully fit when he arrived and I think he should be given one more chance if he ever returns from County.

Gregan is coming to the end of his career now and we will need a competent centre back to step up and I would hate for Thompson to go and do the business somewhere else and us miss out.

It's obvious Shez doesn't want him, as he made him available for offers. Thommo's nose was pushed out of joint at Latics, in fact thee times in five games IIRC, but his commitment was never in doubt as he played on bravely.