Bad move Shez?

Im really getting concerened with the fact we dont have a reserve team with so many first team players hardly getting any action, we dont seem to have played for a while.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...s_/ai_n14456863 top bit is about keegan scrapping his reserve team at newcastle in the 90s.

Anyone else think this has been a mistake this season...it has led to us sending out first team players on loan, not ideal!! Was this Shez's decision?

Edited by wozz_oafc

Im really getting concerened with the fact we dont have a reserve team with so many first team players hardly getting any action, we dont seem to have played for a while.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...s_/ai_n14456863 top bit is about keegan scrapping his reserve team at newcastle in the 90s.

Anyone else think this has been a mistake this season...it has led to us sending out first team players on loan, not ideal!! Was this Shez's decision?

At the meeting towards the end of last season with SC and Tommy W there i strongly made this exact point.

There answers didn't convince me that it was a good decision and i even told SC i thought they would regret it.

They must be regretting it now. I think this has led to a lot of the problems we are currently seeing in the squad.

Also it has a major impact on the bench when the subs come on they are clearly no way match fit.

I hope it gets reinstated next season because ultimately this is one big mistake that will cost us dearly.

At the meeting towards the end of last season with SC and Tommy W there i strongly made this exact point.

There answers didn't convince me that it was a good decision and i even told SC i thought they would regret it.

They must be regretting it now. I think this has led to a lot of the problems we are currently seeing in the squad.

Also it has a major impact on the bench when the subs come on they are clearly no way match fit.

I hope it gets reinstated next season because ultimately this is one big mistake that will cost us dearly.

Have to agree, would COG and CD be out on loan if the reserves were there for them to keep knocking on the first team door. Does Shez's lack of subs and tactical changes come down to only having 11 players properly match fit?

Have to agree, would COG and CD be out on loan if the reserves were there for them to keep knocking on the first team door. Does Shez's lack of subs and tactical changes come down to only having 11 players properly match fit?

How many games does the first change CF usually play for the reserve team?

How many games does the first change CF usually play for the reserve team?

depends on circumstances doesnt it.

for instance if your strikers are not hitting the net frequently enough and your first change cf is,then you give them a chance....when they get that chance is upto the manager and his assistant though...

sticking with a striker who isnt scoring is leaving yourself open to critisism....now if he gives the strikers 3 games and they dont score change...

but this season we can prove the point can we as we have no reserves..just say for instance we did n davies was bagging every second game it would be madness not to give him his chance.

Guest sheridans_world

Please keep replies in this thread, thanks.

Well last season we had a huge problem with injuries, meaning we couldnt realistically commit to ressie games because we simply didnt have the players to play. The club stated at the time that this is the basis of the arguement to get rid. That coupled with flood-light/staff/electrics/travel costs would mean these games simply are not viable. We have the 'as and when' thing in at the moment, which is fine, and I'm sure if we need a ressie game, we'll arrange one.

Please keep replies in this thread, thanks.

Well last season we had a huge problem with injuries, meaning we couldnt realistically commit to ressie games because we simply didnt have the players to play. The club stated at the time that this is the basis of the arguement to get rid. That coupled with flood-light/staff/electrics/travel costs would mean these games simply are not viable. We have the 'as and when' thing in at the moment, which is fine, and I'm sure if we need a ressie game, we'll arrange one.

its not fine though is it....a competative reserve game/s mean your playing competative football at least once a week,and sometimes twice.

just arranging a adhoc friendly here and there isnt really doing it...could be say 4 weeks between games,how is a player coming back from injury going to get match time if there only playing once a month.....

hence why shez brings in a striker on loan and a left back as he cant asses his large squad at any given time.......he wants to change things around but is swapping between 13 fit players at any given time....the rest just arent match fit......

i think we will see the reintroduction of the reserve team next season to be honest.

Do we have any reserve games coming soon at all? when do the likes of Stephens and Lee (if he is fit), Smalley get games at the moment? I know Smalley has played a bit recently but mainly 10 mins here and there
there should have been one this week but cancelled for youth cup,lee is fit but doubt he,ll be match fit,not sure when the next one is.

Do we have any reserve games coming soon at all? when do the likes of Stephens and Lee (if he is fit), Smalley get games at the moment? I know Smalley has played a bit recently but mainly 10 mins here and there

I don't believe for a second that Smalley would play against Bolton Cloggers 2nd XL if we had a game tomorrow evening. One kick or strain and it's Lomax eyeing up another chance on the wing.

I don't believe for a second that Smalley would play against Bolton Cloggers 2nd XL if we had a game tomorrow evening. One kick or strain and it's Lomax eyeing up another chance on the wing.

Im not suggesting first team players will contiuously be playing reserve games but with someone like Smalley do you really think he wouldnt have been playing for the reserves quite a bit as he is not catching the first team? We have obtained a big squad and now only have 13 or so match fit players with our 2 first choice strikers from the first game of the season out on loan. I think full reserve fixtures may have stopped this scenario coming about.

Just to answer the title of this thread, I doubt it was actually Shez who made the decision to scrap the reserve team......... isn't it more likely that it was Simon Corney's call on financial/cost saving grounds? I suppose the answer is if we can get the magic 7000 through the gate on a regular basis we should be able to afford a reserve team!!

there should have been one this week but cancelled for youth cup,lee is fit but doubt he,ll be match fit,not sure when the next one is.

Originally the game against Blackburn should have been played at Morecambe at 7:00pm. Now it's been rearranged for 14th January at 12 noon at their Senior Training Ground. at Brockhall

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Res...1451759,00.html

It seems a long time to wait for the Reserves to get some match practice. Those of you who have entered in your diary all those dates I gave you the other day will realise immediately that we could be involved in a F.A. Cup third round replay on that date (or less likely, Blackburn could be :grin: ), which would necessitate another postponement.

Still waiting to hear about the new date for the Reserves at Walsall scheduled for next Tuesday.

Just to answer the title of this thread, I doubt it was actually Shez who made the decision to scrap the reserve team......... isn't it more likely that it was Simon Corney's call on financial/cost saving grounds? I suppose the answer is if we can get the magic 7000 through the gate on a regular basis we should be able to afford a reserve team!!

It was Shez's decision as it is for all footballing matters. Considering how fixtures have gone over the past few seasons it may yet prove to be a good one. There will still be plenty of other games coming up.

I don't think the lack of having a reserve team is to blame at all, we've had plenty of games since the start of the season and they are games that we can arrange rather than have them forced upon us.

We are in the Lancashire and Manchester Senior Cups which provides plenty of matches and matches can be arranged at a moments notice.

This system to me seems far better than what we had last season, aside from no reserve team we actually have a good physio this season who has kept the majority of the squad fit. Perhaps if he was about last season we would be in much better shape than we were!

I don't think the lack of having a reserve team is to blame at all, we've had plenty of games since the start of the season and they are games that we can arrange rather than have them forced upon us.

We are in the Lancashire and Manchester Senior Cups which provides plenty of matches and matches can be arranged at a moments notice.

This system to me seems far better than what we had last season, aside from no reserve team we actually have a good physio this season who has kept the majority of the squad fit. Perhaps if he was about last season we would be in much better shape than we were!

We'll be in even better shape if we can just cut out all this supermarket shopping.