Free Internet commentary for Cheltenham game!

Or better still...just get ya tight, penny-pinching, lazy arses down to the club and watch it with your own two eyes! :wink:

You put it more succinctly than I did on the 'Chaddy End Shut' thread!

No doubt you'll say you're providing a service for UK exiles, but I think you have just proved my case about you actively discouraging people from attending BP.

BBC have the rights to FA cup.

bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire - and click on Listen Live (UK only).

"Why, oh, why" do the BBC restrict their audio commentary to the UK? It pi**es us international exiles off no end, I can tell ya.

Can someone send this to "Points Of View" c/o Anne Robinson or whoever's doing the job now...? Ta. :grin:

"Why, oh, why" do the BBC restrict their audio commentary to the UK? It pi**es us international exiles off no end, I can tell ya.

Can someone send this to "Points Of View" c/o Anne Robinson or whoever's doing the job now...? Ta. :grin:

It's not just BBC. Other broadcasters, who only have rights to a particular programme or event within their country, also restrict distribution and availability internationally. Like Sky Digital, who try to prevent people getting their coverage outside the British Isles by not supplying digibox and viewing card - it's just that people find ways to circumvent the restriction imposed, like pubs and bars in Europe.

I'm told it's possible to get round the restriction for audio commentary by using a proxy server, to fool BBC into thinking that your internet service provider is located within UK. But I don't know the details.

Edited by Fyldelatic

http://www.unblockf.com/

Go to the web site via this link, that should get it working for you :)

Circumventor proxy server should work, such as Facebook circumventor, but be careful about security. Only use it to access blocked sites, don't input raw, unencrypted sensitive data through it (such as credit card number), to prevent identity theft.

Circumventor proxy server should work, such as Facebook circumventor, but be careful about security. Only use it to access blocked sites, don't input raw, unencrypted sensitive data through it (such as credit card number), to prevent identity theft.

Cheers Fyldelatic and davegtt. I don't think i'll be trying this at work but it's worth a crack at home...