Concentrate on the league !

its true. Thats exactly what we have to do.

In my opinion, we were one player away from going through tonight....Hughes. Chance after chance went begging in the second half. I'm not knocking Wolfenden or Lewis, they've come in and done a job, but a little more guile and slightly better finishing could well have seen us winning that 3-1. There were times in the second half that we worked our socks off to open them up, through the middle then in behind, it just didnt go our way. Cheltenham are a decent side now, nothing like the one which came here earlier on in the season. A tough outfit willing to battle for every scrap. Good luck to them, but give me OAFC anyday.

So the FA Cup wasn't to be. I for one however, am looking forward to our assault on the league. The Hughes Byfield combination is one which I think could fly. If it means we have had to off load Davies and O'Gready at inconvenient times (just before the cup) to land Byfield then so be it. He has already indicated he sees this as being more long term than just the one month and I for one hope this is the case.

And as for the perenial Shez in out and shake it all about discussions..........please just get behind him, enjoy the football and trust in what he is trying to achieve. Wish for something too much and you just might get it!!!! There aren't many managers at this level that I would swap him for.

Where do you think the money for the likes of players we have come from? TTA's pockets and Everton FA Cup games etc.

Concentrate on the league....**** off!!! Been doing it for a decade now....still in it!!! We needed a good run to boost the coffers...when Lee Hughes comes knocking for a new deal (if he really wants one anyway) will the money be there now? I'll tell you what, Corney will be furious he's not played in either game (the interview showed that) so you think he's gunna be happy putting his hand in his pocket to pay him to stay? That's a tough call!

Not wanting to defend Hughes' petulance but the replay on the Cobblers game showed Hughes didn't even touch the fella, how can he be blamed for that?

You don't get sent off for 1 yellow card...his 1st was ridiculous and he was walking a needless tightrope and open to the referee making a 2nd booking (be it right or wrong.) For a full discussion on the matter, this topic exists in full on here already.

If we go up this year it'll be an achievement and all this will be forgotten, personally I am giving Shez time as last year he was screwed by injuries, this year it seems by a few mistakes and discipline problems, but he's in a good position and there's ages to go.

League has always been 99.99% priority, let's make it happen.

its true. Thats exactly what we have to do.

In my opinion, we were one player away from going through tonight....Hughes. Chance after chance went begging in the second half. I'm not knocking Wolfenden or Lewis, they've come in and done a job, but a little more guile and slightly better finishing could well have seen us winning that 3-1. There were times in the second half that we worked our socks off to open them up, through the middle then in behind, it just didnt go our way. Cheltenham are a decent side now, nothing like the one which came here earlier on in the season. A tough outfit willing to battle for every scrap. Good luck to them, but give me OAFC anyday.

So the FA Cup wasn't to be. I for one however, am looking forward to our assault on the league. The Hughes Byfield combination is one which I think could fly. If it means we have had to off load Davies and O'Gready at inconvenient times (just before the cup) to land Byfield then so be it. He has already indicated he sees this as being more long term than just the one month and I for one hope this is the case.

And as for the perenial Shez in out and shake it all about discussions..........please just get behind him, enjoy the football and trust in what he is trying to achieve. Wish for something too much and you just might get it!!!! There aren't many managers at this level that I would swap him for.

Bang on, onwards to Southend.

The Cup would have been a nice boost and makes January a nervy time. Fingers crossed those at Middle Eastlands sign a world class RB and Micah goes which would finance us through to the end of the season.

For what it's worth, it's going to be close this season at the top...and the break before the Brighton game could help us to those extra three points needed to get us up. Come May we'll possibly see the results of last night...we could be bemoaning selling Tayls and falling down to midtable obscurity, or saying how lucky we are for kicking on in between mid-November and mid-January whilst those around us lost points during cup runs. Even if we don't make it, I can guarantee there will be other factors thrown in the mix: no reserve team despite our 'strength in depth', selling Craig Davies to Stockport for a tenner and a couple of packets of fruit pastilles, or that darn Michael Ricketts popping up to score in the last minute at the Bescot to give Martin Allen's resurgent Cheltenham side our play off spot...

There's a long, long way to go yet.

Edited by jsslatic

You fail to see the bigger picture

A decent 3rd round tie would have probably allowed us to keep our team together for the rest of the season and maintain an assault on the league. That aint going to happen now.

ITs too easy to say concentrate on the league, the club needed that money from a cup run. Now the only way to recoup some of the losses this season will be to sell one of our star assets, hence I think Hughes, Taylor or both will be off in January.

And I dont think people realise that if we are still in this div next season, the wage bill will be nowhere near as big as it is now. Blitz said it himself, committed to the budget this season but next season represents an opportunity to bring the wage bill inline with one or two of the smaller budgets in the division, which will result in a smaller squad, and a smaller average wage, and we will be playing to stay in the division as opposed to get out of it

You fail to see the bigger picture

A decent 3rd round tie would have probably allowed us to keep our team together for the rest of the season and maintain an assault on the league. That aint going to happen now.

ITs too easy to say concentrate on the league, the club needed that money from a cup run. Now the only way to recoup some of the losses this season will be to sell one of our star assets, hence I think Hughes, Taylor or both will be off in January.

And I dont think people realise that if we are still in this div next season, the wage bill will be nowhere near as big as it is now. Blitz said it himself, committed to the budget this season but next season represents an opportunity to bring the wage bill inline with one or two of the smaller budgets in the division, which will result in a smaller squad, and a smaller average wage, and we will be playing to stay in the division as opposed to get out of it

Exactly...and although I think Corporal Jones as times gets way off the mark, I'm surprised he's not on here are present highlighting what we are. This apathy towards a cup...a very important source of finance...THE ONLY REAL LINK BETWEEN THE TOP OF THE GAME AND THE BOTTOM OF THE GAME FINANCIALLY...IF...YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO CAPITALISE ON IT!!!

Those who say it's really not that important should stick to playing Football Manager on their PC's!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

All this concentrate on the league tosh.....The cup nowadays is essential to clubs like Latics or rather the revenue is. Of course I want outta this league and thats more a goer than winning the FA Cup for sure. Yes cash splashed on the team doesn't guarantee us a passage outta this :censored:e league, but it sure as hell gives you more chance!, no FA Cup cash this time around means only a few things to me, player sales and reduced budgets and less chance of escape. I aint privy to the boardroom but I'd wager the sums were being crunched this morning. We needed a good cup run allied to a good run in the league.

Edited by Lags