All this FA Cup whinging

couldnt agree more well put mate. all these shez out oldham fans on here want to think what there saying first an not just talk rubbish

Honestly, wheres that bang your head against a brick wall icon again... oh this will do... :computer:

Not to paraphrase BB80, which B_T very eloquently replied to, but most of us are not screaming shez out... we are just saying mistakes have been made, and he needs to work to put them right, otherwise he might not have a job for us complain for him to be kicked out of...

As B_T says, there is no reason to have a time limit on Sheridans tenure... IF he shows signs of learning and developing, and taking this club forward... which he is doing, just, but we have just had a 10 match nightmare which he needs to sort out... otherwise, said ranting chairman will blow his top again, and hey presto we have another sore thumb... or something like that... :unsure:

B_T as far as I can see has also sensibly said at the end of the post that debate is fine, and we can all have different reasoned opinions of how to take the club forward..... however you have just disagreed with that by saying we all talk rubbish... Thanks.

we all will year after year mate thats latics, i drive 200 miles to home games an loads away,were 2 wins off top get a grip an that goes for all the shez out lot on here

Watch out everyone.... new Superfan on the loose!!!!

Guest oa_exile
some people on here talk like they dont really know oldham athletic,that was my point. ive been watching since 79 an you get highs n lows simple as,it hurts when we lose but some stupid comments on here make me think why do some of our fans even bother

Since you are just entering the "great debate(s)" on all good and presently bad with Latics , I think a lot of fans feel let down at the moment , expectations are high THIS season and I believe most fans feel that this is the year.

I also believe that behind the scenes the expectations are high also.

........but I cannot speak for everyone , it's just the way I personally see and read it :)

we all will year after year mate thats latics, i drive 200 miles to home games an loads away,were 2 wins off top get a grip an that goes for all the shez out lot on here

Yes-and how likely does a team that gets turfed out of the cup at home to our own division's perennial whipping boys look like getting those two wins? Particularly on current form?

I am not, and never have been, a 'Shez outer.' As others have pointed out, very few on these boards are.

We'll be back after we lose the game after that though. That's because this 'win one, lose a couple,' tactic the team has adopted isn't the stuff promotion is made of.

Is that adopted over the full 16 games so far this "season", or are we now not counting some of the games, so it suits the argument like. By my very poor maths we've been unbeaten in 12 out of 16 games. All teams have spells of differing form during a "season". Did you post a message on here at the start of the season saying that we seem to have adopted a win one win one tactic? No thought not.

If we carry on gathering points at the current ratio of those gained over the whole 16 games we'll get to 80 points, obviously not promotion form though is it.

Oh and OaE

FYI Stipey , Lags just recently hit 40 so he is feeling a little fragile and tetchy along with Footy68 , think it's called a mid life crisis grin.gif

Wow happy birthday to them then, 40 eh, whipper-snappers, why I remember when I were 40 it was all fields around here, you could leave yer back door on the latch..........

Edited by StipeTripe

Since you are just entering the "great debate(s)" on all good and presently bad with Latics , I think a lot of fans feel let down at the moment , expectations are high THIS season and I believe most fans feel that this is the year.

I also believe that behind the scenes the expectations are high also.

........but I cannot speak for everyone , it's just the way I personally see and read it :)

:lol:

Exile the peacemaker! You should work for the UN with posts like that.... it was like some sort of peacemaking deal between a few global superpowers who are being attacked by a rebel state that has just discovered nuclear warheads...

... I feel calmer already :)

Is that adopted over the full 16 games so far this "season", or are we now not counting some of the games, so it suits the argument like. By my very poor maths we've been unbeaten in 12 out of 16 games. All teams have spells of differing form during a "season". Did you post a message on here at the start of the season saying that we seem to have adopted a win one win one tactic? No thought not.

Christ's sake, matie, get a life.

Polls like this are never conclusive but indicate the general balance. (And I can't see any mention of it not accepting votes. Edited maybe because it's fixed or wasn't the case/)

Nov 19 2008, 22:21 PM Post #8

QUOTE(sheridans_world @ Nov 19 2008, 21:34 PM)

Ok so I know we havent had a 'Shez Out' poll for a while.

I appreciate there may be a lot of negative feeling towards him at the moment but I would like an idea on the timeframe people will give him.

Previous polls: Poll 1

Poll 2

This is brilliant! Vote for him to be sacked and your vote gets rejected! Tell me. have you ever been to Florida?

Hanging chad

'twas me 2 days ago. I did think it funny though!

some people on here talk like they dont really know oldham athletic,that was my point. ive been watching since 79 an you get highs n lows simple as,it hurts when we lose but some stupid comments on here make me think why do some of our fans even bother

and there are people on this board who have been watching latics for longer than that, yet because they dont agree with you they 'dont really know Oldham Athletic'

Newsflash mate, people are allowed to have a different opinion to yourself on this board, and having a different opinion does not make them any less knowledgeable about OAFC. The sooner you realise that the better. Whats bang out of order is you calling one of the mods an idiot for trying to get a debate going, without even realising that S_W is one of the biggest shez supporters on this board, helped organise the protest march last year and a bloody nice guy to talk to.

And if you would have read the posts, you would see that very few people are actually calling for his head. We are having a discussion, as you do on message boards you know, about what we think is going wrong at the moment. We agree on some things, we disagree on some things. Thats the beauty of debate.

and there are people on this board who have been watching latics for longer than that, yet because they dont agree with you they 'dont really know Oldham Athletic'

Newsflash mate, people are allowed to have a different opinion to yourself on this board, and having a different opinion does not make them any less knowledgeable about OAFC. The sooner you realise that the better. Whats bang out of order is you calling one of the mods an idiot for trying to get a debate going, without even realising that S_W is one of the biggest shez supporters on this board, helped organise the protest march last year and a bloody nice guy to talk to.

And if you would have read the posts, you would see that very few people are actually calling for his head. We are having a discussion, as you do on message boards you know, about what we think is going wrong at the moment. We agree on some things, we disagree on some things. Thats the beauty of debate.

Steady on mate, don't go too far. :grin: