Team for Walsall.

Apart from the obvious change of Gregan in for Hazell, should Sheridan look at other changes?

This is not a criticism of Liddell, but the lad is getting on and it's two matches in four days, so should we be looking at Lee to come in or carry on with Liddell knowing we haven't got a game for a week and a half?

If Whittaker is fit, should he slot straight back in?

Apart from the obvious change of Gregan in for Hazell, should Sheridan look at other changes?

This is not a criticism of Liddell, but the lad is getting on and it's two matches in four days, so should we be looking at Lee to come in or carry on with Liddell knowing we haven't got a game for a week and a half?

If Whittaker is fit, should he slot straight back in?

Greegs for Hazell.

Liddell wouldn't have played if it wasn't for Smalley's injury. If Deano's fit I'd think he'll play as Shez seems to have been wanting to rest Lids for a while and hasn't been able to.

Whits for Maher if fit. Kev didn't have the greatest of games on Saturday...plus I like this idea of playing Whits at home for creativity and Kev away to add some steel to the midfield.

Whits at home for creativity and Kev away to add some steel to the midfield.

Not sure that will work out in practice. You could even argue it the other way, with teams packing midfield at BP that might be where we need Maher the most, with Whitaker to benefit from more space away from home. Unless Ratter gets some consistency back it might not be an issue anyway.

Yes. But lightning doesn't stike twice, do you really think we can score from another corner this decade?

Lidds and Taylor to start on Tuesday - Lidds can always be taken off when we are two or three up.

:shock:

Next game after that not until Saturday week - time for the old man to rest his weary bones :lol:

I like the idea of giving Kieran Lee a go...

He's supposed to be one of our best signings and I've barely seen him kick a ball. And he isn't injured or he wouldnt have played against Cheltenham.

If he looks sh*te on the wing, stick him in the centre, put Tayls on the right, DJ on the left and bring Lo to the Max on at LB at half time. I liked the look of it against Leicester until Byrno got injured!

I like the idea of giving Kieran Lee a go...

He's supposed to be one of our best signings and I've barely seen him kick a ball. And he isn't injured or he wouldnt have played against Cheltenham.

If he looks sh*te on the wing, stick him in the centre, put Tayls on the right, DJ on the left and bring Lo to the Max on at LB at half time. I liked the look of it against Leicester until Byrno got injured!

Not necessarily disagreeing as I'd like to see Lee play as well BUT the old saying of don't change a winning team also springs to mind. Ruben is enforced, but perhaps leave the rest alone. Second half Shez can makes subs - either to change if we are not in the position we want to be or to give some players a chance when we are in a comfortable position.

Not sure that will work out in practice. You could even argue it the other way, with teams packing midfield at BP that might be where we need Maher the most, with Whitaker to benefit from more space away from home. Unless Ratter gets some consistency back it might not be an issue anyway.

Good point. We were absolutely hammered in midfield against Yeovil. However, Whittaker should return to the side if fit, and Allott should be looking over his shoulder. Also, Liddell should play too, afterall he's contributed quite nicely to consecutive away victories.