We're top of the league!

If Walsall win tomorrow night and win their game in hand, they're one point behind us.

Despite the fact the league is not won or lost in November, this is why this game is so important after 2 great away wins.

Form-wise we're not out of the woods yet and we will undoubtedly go on another poor run so a bit of daylight between us and the chasing pack would be very welcome.

*Optimism alert* If we were to make the play-offs, you'd have to fancy our chances based on our form versus the top-half teams.

Despite the fact the league is not won or lost in November, this is why this game is so important after 2 great away wins.

Form-wise we're not out of the woods yet and we will undoubtedly go on another poor run so a bit of daylight between us and the chasing pack would be very welcome.

*Optimism alert* If we were to make the play-offs, you'd have to fancy our chances based on our form versus the top-half teams.

Agree with nobody wins the league in November, but it seems more possible to lose it. Its quite possible to be in a position where you have lost any chance of winning e.g. Crewe.

We have won 3 out of 4 which is good form, but 5 out of 6 would be great (promotion?) form.

As for top team form. Its very good, but all but one have been at home, with Leeds the only team we have played away. Take 4 pts of those around you i.e. get some good away draws, and it really hurts the others. Win home / lose away = no advantage at all.

The one about playing top half teams, anyway!

I reckon that's a good sign, but we need to be killing the Walsalls and Brightons to have any chance!

Could be top 3 by the end of the Christmas period I think!

KTF!!!

yep but we are only playing 2 of the top half in nxt 8 over xmas and early new year ... and we're 18th in that league for a reason unfortunately - shud be taking 18points minimum from those 8games .... be lucky to get 12 knowing latics :(

should be TOP by late Jan

No you get the thick bastard award :dunce: as we still wouldn't be top, we are 4 points behind Leicester

No I don't.

I merely stated that they couldn't win all their games if we win all ours.

I made no reference to final league position.

Edited by opinions4u

But if we win all ours, they will each have lost one of theirs!

(do I get a smart arse answer award for that?)

No you get a big one of these :dunce:

My response was to this post:

If we win the rest of our games this year we will be top two come January :grin:

We don't play Leicester or Franchise before January.