Bradford offer season tickets for next season at £99

Bradford season tickets from £99

At the risk of re-raising an age old debate I thought this was a good idea by Bradford......... get rid of some season tickets before the worst of the recession bites. We have had the debate about how many we would need to sell at BP to make it viable more than once, but is this another example of a club promoting itslef in a way that we never seem to? Good imagination from Bradford IMO

Discuss.........

Bradford season tickets from £99

At the risk of re-raising an age old debate I thought this was a good idea by Bradford......... get rid of some season tickets before the worst of the recession bites. We have had the debate about how many we would need to sell at BP to make it viable more than once, but is this another example of a club promoting itslef in a way that we never seem to? Good imagination from Bradford IMO

Discuss.........

I think the club would be daft not to do something. From January onwards, we have 11 home games left.

If the club offered a season ticket for all of those games at £15 a game that would be £165 in total. And that would also still mean that season ticket holders who bought the tickets for the full season were still getting the best deal at just under £15 a game plus a reserved seat, hence the letter writing brigade would not have a leg to stand on.

Or even if we offered a five game ticket for 80 quid (16 quid a game) which also includes a free under 12 ticket for them five games.

If the club doesnt try these sort of things they will never know whether it will increase attendances etc.

Not something the Latics can match, as selling out the stadium for 23 games at £99 would more or less certainly be less revenue than the current charging set up.

That's not to say they shouldn't be heavily promoting season tickets for the remainder of the season at around £15ish a game as the perfect Christmas pressie.

12 games for £190 (and we'll throw in a free under 12 ticket) would be the sort of ideal Dad / Son pressie for Mum to buy - could guarantee free access to all our remaining cup matches too!!

5 or 10 match tickets (£80 / £155) that exclude Leeds/Stockport games should also be tested.

Edited by opinions4u

Not something the Latics can match, as selling out the stadium for 23 games at £99 would more or less certainly be less revenue than the current charging set up.

That's not to say they shouldn't be heavily promoting season tickets for the remainder of the season at around £15ish a game as the perfect Christmas pressie.

12 games for £190 (and we'll throw in a free under 12 ticket) would be the sort of ideal Dad / Son pressie for Mum to buy - could guarantee free access to all our remaining cup matches too!!

5 or 10 match tickets (£80 / £155) that exclude Leeds/Stockport games should also be tested.

I did send in a suggestion that the club do an "Evening games" ticket for the 4 evening games - Scunny, Walsall, Leeds and Bristol; at £64, averaging £16 a game. The idea was that the draw of Leeds would raise the sales for the other 3 games. I suggested that this offer be combined with a discount book for tickets for other games, to add another 4 games at £16 and then another 4 at £17 (iirc).

They said they'd look at it as a "Twilight Ticket", but nowt got done with it.

I did send in a suggestion that the club do an "Evening games" ticket for the 4 evening games - Scunny, Walsall, Leeds and Bristol; at £64, averaging £16 a game. The idea was that the draw of Leeds would raise the sales for the other 3 games. I suggested that this offer be combined with a discount book for tickets for other games, to add another 4 games at £16 and then another 4 at £17 (iirc).

I suppose they did have the Scunny and Yeovil voucher promotion - so they tried something new!

How about after Christmas they give away some season tickets to schools for the kids, especially Primary Schools, as the kids would then hopefully be supervised by paying adults. Maybe work a discount for the adults coming too, the season tickets could belong to the schools so all the kids (who want to) get a chance to go but dont have to go all the time.

I suppose they did have the Scunny and Yeovil voucher promotion - so they tried something new!

The thing is, I couldn't see the point of the offer they ran - if we'd won both games, it would have led to increased attendances anyway, losing one of the other just led to disappointment. And it could have all been over after game 1.

It was also an odd idea to give STs a £15 voucher, 'cos that would've cost somewhere around £45k. If that sort of money was available, it could have been used far more wisely imho.

The club really need to start thinking about exactly who they are trying to attract. e.g a £2 a game offer will attract people who think £2 is a good deal, but will they think £20 is worth paying?

Better to offer offer 4 games for £40 than 2 for £2 each as you're going for people who at least expect to pay a reasonable amount. In fact a £14-15 offer is actually likely to reap better rewards as it is aimed at people who are prepared to pay an amount not too far off the normal ticket price / season ticket average price.

Celebration sunday saw 10,000 people appear who mostly have not been seen since.

Fact is, anything above 10 quid a game for an adult match ticket is seen by many (inc. me) as too expensive. Until match day ticket prices come down substantially from the ridiculous levels they're currently at too many people just won't bother.

We can learn a lot from the Germans.

Fact is, anything above 10 quid a game for an adult match ticket is seen by many (inc. me) as too expensive. Until match day ticket prices come down substantially from the ridiculous levels they're currently at too many people just won't bother.

We can learn a lot from the Germans.

We certainly can, safe standing, cheap tickets and not playing matches on the same day as Utd/City would end a few debates that appear on here

fair point yarddog but if you paid a tenner say an i paid 18 an you were sat next to me an we were of similar age i wouldnt have a problem with that mate,its these 2 quid or handouts that dont work, there must be a way to get bigger crowds,hopefully if we keep winning problem solved i hope

I was talking generally when I made my post. It wasn't a suggestion for some sort of mid-season promo.

fair point yarddog but if you paid a tenner say an i paid 18 an you were sat next to me an we were of similar age i wouldnt have a problem with that mate,its these 2 quid or handouts that dont work, there must be a way to get bigger crowds,hopefully if we keep winning problem solved i hope

Would lots of people pay £18 whilst others paid £10? Regularly?

STs work out around £14, but I bet a fair few ST holders miss 1 or 2 games, so more like £15-£16 a game.

Why would anyone buy a ST if the match day price was regularly around £16 even let alone £10??

The commercial side of the club is a shambles mate. I work in Business Development and I offered my services (as I was on gardening leave, and couldnt work) and I heard nothing from them. The problem is, people have it that cushy down there that they dont want anyone going in with any real day to day ideas, as it would rock the boat. We just keep churning the same :censored: out year in year out. What the hell did that Bob Gorrill???? do in his time at the club??? and as far as I know, he hasnt been replaced.... So that leaves Hardy!!!!! (10% shop voucher it is then LOL)

STs work out around £14, but I bet a fair few ST holders miss 1 or 2 games, so more like £15-£16 a game.

Why would anyone buy a ST if the match day price was regularly around £16 even let alone £10??

youd have to give ST holders the best deal hence if any club did have matchday prices of £10 then you would hae to offer season tickets in the region of £160 at the most, which works out at £7 a game

I spoke to alan hardy about the possibility of a scheme like port vales, although they got more season ticket holders they willhave lost some of their floating fans and the amount of matchday revenue would decrease dramatically

Real, jw thingmabob totally missed my point.. He has a habit of getting the wrong end of the stick. He cracks me up

i remember the old"ideas" thread...lots of very good points and workable ones,including real's (above) idea.

alas,as real says,nothing came of any.

just hope they have not completely forgotten because this is the time to start acting.

They weren't. All those ideas, plus quite a few others were all presented to AH and to be fair to the club they have given each and every one of them a really good investigation. That has had the effect of a number of the initiatives that have been tried / starting to appear in the last few months. So defo keep the ideas coming because they are welcomed, it is always going to be down to economics as to which can/can't be taken forward. That is why things like Teamcard are so important as if we use these then it is a new income stream for the club, which will allow it to put more of the marketing ideas into practice.

For instance, I'm looking at launching a 'Latics mint' packs (blue and white striped mints) which the club can sell/retailers around town a portion of the sale which goes direct to the club.

The commercial side of the club is a shambles mate. I work in Business Development and I offered my services (as I was on gardening leave, and couldnt work) and I heard nothing from them. The problem is, people have it that cushy down there that they dont want anyone going in with any real day to day ideas, as it would rock the boat. We just keep churning the same :censored: out year in year out. What the hell did that Bob Gorrill???? do in his time at the club??? and as far as I know, he hasnt been replaced.... So that leaves Hardy!!!!! (10% shop voucher it is then LOL)

Have to disagree on a bit of that. Fair enough on the commercial side observation (in terms of what we see in terms of promo), but I did something similar to you and my offer of help was taken up. I've also put my money where my mouth is through things like the sweet promo before the Leicester game. My impression is that the club are more than happy to get offers of help and more importantly all these ideas that crop up. Day to day ideas (whatever they are) are exactly what they are happy to get help with. Sadly sounds like a stuck record, but unless it shows a profit (without an initial outlay) it is always going to be difficult to get funding...

I'd say try again if you are serious about it.

Have to disagree on a bit of that. Fair enough on the commercial side observation (in terms of what we see in terms of promo), but I did something similar to you and my offer of help was taken up. I've also put my money where my mouth is through things like the sweet promo before the Leicester game. My impression is that the club are more than happy to get offers of help and more importantly all these ideas that crop up. Day to day ideas (whatever they are) are exactly what they are happy to get help with. Sadly sounds like a stuck record, but unless it shows a profit (without an initial outlay) it is always going to be difficult to get funding...

I'd say try again if you are serious about it.

How about the recent request for volunteers by the club- I sent an email to the person dealing with it and I havn't even had the courtesy of a bloody reply!