the sickest place in the uk is

boboafc

Well done Bob. And well done to the Daily Mail. Take a story which is old news, with old statistics, add some quotes from a TV show, and throw an immigrant family into the mix. :huh:

I know there are problems in Falinge, along with the rest of the country. But this is just a typical Daily Mail story designed to fuel bigotry.

out of the 4,500 residents of Falinge, Rochdale, only 300 work - despite hundreds of jobs being available. The majority are 'on the sick'. Welcome to the country's benefits capital lazy sick town

What jobs? There's no jobs in 'dale, unless you want to work in a pub, poundshop, kebab shop, mcdonald's/kfc, supermarket or be a taxi driver.

Why get a wage paying £5.60 or whatever an hour (in jobs which more often than not in this town cant offer more than part time hours), when that would only mean the council would make them pay £40 or so a week for a sh*tty little flat rather than the £5 they get charged out of their dole/benefit money. Anyone who wants to earn more than the minimum wage in Rochdale has to go out of town to do so, simply because the town's on it's arse - there's no work and no sign of any major companies or help on the way. It's no wonder the majority of Falinge cant be arsed to get a job when they're stuck in a rut and the council's to out of touch to see what a mess the town is in to even begin to help them. Send people of Falinge and other parts of 'dale on training schemes for jobs but it's pointless when there aint no jobs here.

Well done Bob. And well done to the Daily Mail. Take a story which is old news, with old statistics, add some quotes from a TV show, and throw an immigrant family into the mix. :huh:

I know there are problems in Falinge, along with the rest of the country. But this is just a typical Daily Mail story designed to fuel bigotry.

i really agree, the daily mail is soo bad tho im not surprised some people off owtb read it cus they moan soo much

What jobs? There's no jobs in 'dale, unless you want to work in a pub, poundshop, kebab shop, mcdonald's/kfc, supermarket or be a taxi driver.

Why get a wage paying £5.60 or whatever an hour (in jobs which more often than not in this town cant offer more than part time hours), when that would only mean the council would make them pay £40 or so a week for a sh*tty little flat rather than the £5 they get charged out of their dole/benefit money. Anyone who wants to earn more than the minimum wage in Rochdale has to go out of town to do so, simply because the town's on it's arse - there's no work and no sign of any major companies or help on the way. It's no wonder the majority of Falinge cant be arsed to get a job when they're stuck in a rut and the council's to out of touch to see what a mess the town is in to even begin to help them. Send people of Falinge and other parts of 'dale on training schemes for jobs but it's pointless when there aint no jobs here.

Well, here's 15 jobs in Rochdale from one employment agency in the £25k+ category.

http://www.reed.co.uk/job/searchresults.as...rue&da=8630

and a few more below that:

http://www.reed.co.uk/job/searchresults.as...rue&da=8630

I wonder if reducing the value of benefits for not working would increase the incentive to find employment.

Edited by opinions4u

How many people on Falinge have the qualifications for any of those jobs. :blink: Even the ones who work, you'd be hard pushed to find more than a handful.

Like I said. Most on Falinge are ethnic minorities without any qualifications and little English and most of the white people on there have little to no qualifications and next to nothing experience in anything other than jobs that pay above the minimum wage. Which as i've stated if they got a minimum wage job - would mean they'd have to pay more money in rent (the same price as if they were to find a job that paid well above minimum wage - which if you got, you'd be out of Falinge in a flash anyway) - Once they've upped the rent and they have to start paying more in electric, gas, water, etc. Then out of a wage that pays minimum wage - Even full time. They'd probably come out with the same amount of money at the end of it as they would on benefits. It's a vicous circle and I can see why so many are stuck in a rut when a council made up of deluded incompetant tw*ts driving their mercs and lapping up 5 course meals at the town hall are so out of touch to see that everything outside the town hall doors in this town has gone to the dogs.

I know people will say "well if they work, they should be paying what I do", etc. but it's a bit harder when that income is £180 a week and less, with more than half of that is being taken by the council. Not suprising so many opt to stay in bed all day and take the £50+ a week for doing sweet f.a. I'd probably do the same if I woke up to that eyesore that are Falinge flats every morning and had to live in a crumbling block of flats.

Until the council make it worthwhile for the people of Falinge to get up and go to work, instead of leaving them with very little more income than if they were on benefits, then you're not going to see a queue for them to go and flip burgers or work in a pound shop.

Facts are the council charge people who work too much for living in those flats because they're nothing but a robbing set of b**tards.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

There's a lot of people in the same boat in the current economic climate.

Its more the long term benefits claimants who have no intention of ever working, that I would target.

You could get really radical and point out that every public sector job is paid for with the profits of the private sector too. But politicians haven't worked this one out either.