So, if we lose in the playoffs does Shez get another contract?

Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Does Shez get another contract?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Does Shez get another contract at the end of the season?

• Only if we get promoted.
    • If we make the playoffs.
    • Keep him, regardless if we make the playoffs or not. (within reason)
    • Get rid, regardless if we get promoted.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you make the playoffs and dont go up, you might aswell finish 20th, with a poorer team and spend less on wages.

Really? So watching a 46 game season that sees you score lots of goals, play enteratining football and win most of your games and potentially going to Wembley..

OR

Seeing your team lose week in week out, just about scraping enough points with ugly football.

Yes. You are spot on there.

I voted and was shocked to see the polls as they stand :huh:

Here's my vote without the bracketed add on : Keep him, regardless if we make the playoffs or not.

Question is: Who the hell would we get if you sent Shez packing? Another Ronnie Moore, Brian Talbot or Neil Warnock?

VOTE CORRECTLY PEOPLE! you know it makes sense

Would need to get into the play-offs and actually look like winning a game to keep his job for me.

Both difficult things to achieve without the financies to back it up and even more so when your best players are linked with moves away, if Hughes and Taylor go forget the Play-offs and have a punt more on Mid Table

Both difficult things to achieve without the financies to back it up and even more so when your best players are linked with moves away, if Hughes and Taylor go forget the Play-offs and have a punt more on Mid Table

:blink:

Welcome to the realities of running a small football club....

the grass isn't always greener....what manager with any proven calibre are oldham gonna attract?!

ffs leeds with all their spending power, stadia, attendances etc., could only attract Grayson who is hardly anything but proven.

So a shot in the dark or a step backwards then...

if eyres or ritchie came back it would be a backward step....

think if we finished in the playoffs and maybe missed out at the last post again,tta's would be more forgiving than if we ended up 9th or 10th....

but if we do miss out,can we honestly say there has been a big improvement moving the club forward.....

the hit n miss style of football we produce...would it have an affect on season ticket sales,with people finally losing patience flirting with the playoffs every season......we will have gone from flirting with relegation and mid table mediocrity,to playoff specialsists that can make that final jump over the finishing line...

it took big joe 5 years.....it took axle bergusson 5 years as well for that matter,and look what he has done(yes he has had money)

but i think if we miss out this year tta's may just offer shez a 12 month rolling contract,and if we didnt go up in year 4 i think he would be gone....

but i think if we miss out this year tta's may just offer shez a 12 month rolling contract,and if we didnt go up in year 4 i think he would be gone....

That, with the promise of a longer term contract after promotion, would not be a bad proposition.

the grass isn't always greener....what manager with any proven calibre are oldham gonna attract?!

ffs leeds with all their spending power, stadia, attendances etc., could only attract Grayson who is hardly anything but proven.

Why would we need to attract a proven manager? A manager with different methods (like not making the same substitutes every single game) could take us up, Bristol City reached the play-offs or challenged for them on a regular basis with Danny Wilson but never went up, he left and they took Gary Johnson from Yeovil who took them up.

You've no way of knowing who would want the job if it was available.

You only need to look at TTA's own record in manager appointments to know that experience does not necessarily bring success.

And you only need to look at the records of any number of clubs with impatient boards to know for certain that changing your manager every two years definitely doesn't bring success.

Guest sheridans_world

Two words.

Big Joe.

Took him eight years to get us promoted.

It took Fergie four years to win anything at United, despite their millions.

Shez has to be aiming for top 2 for me and if he falls short, then we have to be a serious playoff contender. Sadly, Shez has again done what he did two yrs ago and quoted how winning vs Carlisle would've put us X points away from Stockport. Instead of saying how we'd be X points from 1st and 2nd and how we play this Sat and can catch them up even more. It's just negativity. And just one example of many of a manager who's consistently failed to learn during his reign.

I'm happy for Shez to see out to the Summer (where I believe his contract to be up...altho some think he's another year.) And then we see. Not many, if any want his head now but I am feeling a sense of a great missed opportunity this year...not one team has been better than us. Leicester have matched us. Those who have beaten us haven't outplayed us, but we've let them beat us by our mistakes (mainly by one man costing us numerous goals, but not getting into that one.) We should be alongside Leicester and MK Scum but we're not. And there are reasons...some forgiveable, some not.

The only time a managers position should be considered is when he has taken a team as far as he can. When he's hit the ceiling...and at his limit. Shez is close to it for me. His strengths over his reign has been attracting/having an eye for good players...his weakness is getting the best out of them and keeping them happy. It makes him a good number 2 in my eyes (at a high level, higher than ours) but a main man? I've never felt convinced. This crop of players is the best we've had since Dowie and all credit to Shez for amassing that. In some ways it's better as some are homegrown and more linked with OAFC. And I feel this squad should be getting us up....if they don't, it's coz the man in charge isn't getting the best out of it. Corney even alluded to this early in the season when he said if this squad can't get us up, what will?

Shez's team can get us up. Shez's management style might not. Whether they will is to be seen...Shez lives and dies on his sword. Only a narrow playoff fail is acceptable...keep on bleating about "time"...when managers futures have been considered in previous reigns many have talked about giving a guy 3yrs. Well here we are. And with the plans in place, we should be shooting for top 2 but those aren't the noise eminating from BP...sadly. It's forever been about landing 6th while Shez has been in charge and that irritates me about the man. Aim high...mix confidence and arrogance. Say we are good enough for the top 2...maybe Shez doesn't believe that tho. Seems the case.

The next 5 months will be interesting. I hope his well assemble squad finds it's way to the Championship. Not sure it will tho. Has all the hallmarks of 2yrs ago...which wouldn't be progress.

Is there a shorter version somewhere else Ross....lol. Never a chap to use 20 words when 200 will do.....cough

I'm sure you still read it word for word though...rather a reply to it than the quip. Reason 20 words wouldn't suffice is coz sadly on here, many will read it as two words....Shez Out! When that's far from what I'm saying....anyhow....

Lighten up Ross will give you 9/10 for your post. Its a fair review of the situation, anything less than a play off place would be hard to accept for the owners. A top 2 finish is far from out of the question in this division. Consistency is our enemy and that killer touch to see off sides when clearly on top.

Lol...it's been a :censored: day...will put the "big light" on now :wink:

Shez has to be aiming for top 2 for me and if he falls short, then we have to be a serious playoff contender. Sadly, Shez has again done what he did two yrs ago and quoted how winning vs Carlisle would've put us X points away from Stockport. Instead of saying how we'd be X points from 1st and 2nd and how we play this Sat and can catch them up even more. It's just negativity. And just one example of many of a manager who's consistently failed to learn during his reign.

I'm happy for Shez to see out to the Summer (where I believe his contract to be up...altho some think he's another year.) And then we see. Not many, if any want his head now but I am feeling a sense of a great missed opportunity this year...not one team has been better than us. Leicester have matched us. Those who have beaten us haven't outplayed us, but we've let them beat us by our mistakes (mainly by one man costing us numerous goals, but not getting into that one.) We should be alongside Leicester and MK Scum but we're not. And there are reasons...some forgiveable, some not.

The only time a managers position should be considered is when he has taken a team as far as he can. When he's hit the ceiling...and at his limit. Shez is close to it for me. His strengths over his reign has been attracting/having an eye for good players...his weakness is getting the best out of them and keeping them happy. It makes him a good number 2 in my eyes (at a high level, higher than ours) but a main man? I've never felt convinced. This crop of players is the best we've had since Dowie and all credit to Shez for amassing that. In some ways it's better as some are homegrown and more linked with OAFC. And I feel this squad should be getting us up....if they don't, it's coz the man in charge isn't getting the best out of it. Corney even alluded to this early in the season when he said if this squad can't get us up, what will?

Shez's team can get us up. Shez's management style might not. Whether they will is to be seen...Shez lives and dies on his sword. Only a narrow playoff fail is acceptable...keep on bleating about "time"...when managers futures have been considered in previous reigns many have talked about giving a guy 3yrs. Well here we are. And with the plans in place, we should be shooting for top 2 but those aren't the noise eminating from BP...sadly. It's forever been about landing 6th while Shez has been in charge and that irritates me about the man. Aim high...mix confidence and arrogance. Say we are good enough for the top 2...maybe Shez doesn't believe that tho. Seems the case.

The next 5 months will be interesting. I hope his well assemble squad finds it's way to the Championship. Not sure it will tho. Has all the hallmarks of 2yrs ago...which wouldn't be progress.

Be honest about this, do you think Oldham have enough to sustain Championship football as it stands? Manager working on a shoestring budget, low crowds, best players about to be sold?

Are we better being one of the bigger fish in the League one pond or the minnows swallowed up every game against teams with loads of dosh in the championship?

Some might see promotion as the be all and end all but I wonder how many will be on the terraces if we get there and get a bashing week in week out...................... not many i'd bet!

Be honest about this, do you think Oldham have enough to sustain Championship football as it stands? Manager working on a shoestring budget, low crowds, best players about to be sold?

Are we better being one of the bigger fish in the League one pond or the minnows swallowed up every game against teams with loads of dosh in the championship?

Some might see promotion as the be all and end all but I wonder how many will be on the terraces if we get there and get a bashing week in week out...................... not many i'd bet!

My god....why are we turning up every week then? Close the gates. Forget it...no point playing on...we go up, we'll be back down. Let's not bothering giving it a shot. Sod it...let's get relegated twice and piss the Conference National by 50pts!!!

I really really really can't stand fans with this "no point going up attitude"...heard it under Shez 2yrs ago. Under Moore...many others....let's close the gates. Forget it....promotions a :censored: idea!

Infact....even better let's get rid of the 1st team....let's just have ad hoc friendlies with the reserves. Hang on...

Edited by boundaryblue80

My god....why are we turning up every week then? Close the gates. Forget it...no point playing on...we go up, we'll be back down. Let's not bothering giving it a shot. Sod it...let's get relegated twice and piss the Conference National by 50pts!!!

I really really really can't stand fans with this "no point going up attitude"...heard it under Shez 2yrs ago. Under Moore...many others....let's close the gates. Forget it....promotions a :censored: idea!

Small town club that has some Fans with a Man ure expectancy, take a reality check matey! Would you like to see the club go into administration or go about it the correct way by progressing over time with a stable foundation?

There's far bigger clubs than Oldham in League Two, Bratfud being one of em!

Small town club that has some Fans with a Man ure expectancy, take a reality check matey! Would you like to see the club go into administration or go about it the correct way by progressing over time with a stable foundation?

There's far bigger clubs than Oldham in League Two, Bratfud being one of em!

Ah...didn't realise we had a new windup merchant on here...

League Two? Bratfud?

Carry on with the sweets lad!