How did Windass do tonight?

He did pretty well, hit a free-kick against the bar, created a few chances for others, good debut and looks promising. He got the man of the match award but it gets voted by match sponsors and sometimes it depends who they'd much rather have a photo taken with!

Excellent debut, deserved a goal from a free kick that hit the bar, played in the hole just behind Hughes most of the game and delivered some fantastic passes.

He was integral to a superb team performance first half, the team suffered a few nerves second half so he figured less - until Davies came on and he had a new (and very different) partner to link up with.

It was a close thing with a few players, but Windass was MoM for me. Dunno who the sponsors picked ( ah, cheers Macca ).

Edited by garcon

Thats good to hear. am glad my legend hero did well, hope he scores on Saturday now.

first time he will have ever played at hereford so heres hoping.

class first touch, great signing, if we can keep hughes, he will be playing championship football next year , no doubt

Hughes will not leave trust me, Hereford I think you should beat them on Saturday.

the thing what i liked about ddddeeeeeeaaaaaaannnnnnnnnoooooooooooo was that he gave the ball quicker than byfield has ever done in his life (two touch footy which is the best football to play) good TEAM player aswell... which whittaker could run on to, great link up play with the midfield, hughes windass have that extra bit of quality which will prob send us up.... :grin:

the thing what i liked about ddddeeeeeeaaaaaaannnnnnnnnoooooooooooo was that he gave the ball quicker than byfield has ever done in his life (two touch footy which is the best football to play) good TEAM player aswell...

Exactly right. Offloads the best option 10 times quicker than most of our team and your could see a massive difference than Byfield.

Exactly right. Offloads the best option 10 times quicker than most of our team and your could see a massive difference than Byfield.

I think it showed just how poor Byfield has been when you see Windass play,

Hughes knew exactly where Windass was everytime whereas with Byfield you never had a clue

He was different class! His first touch of the ball was a headed pass to Hughes, who turned and brought a good save out of the keeper in the opening minute. His second pass was a thirty yarder struck across his body to Taylor. His awareness and vision were better than anything we've been used to. He never put a foot wrong in the first half. He scratched his head a few times when other players didn't latch on to what he was doing - welcome to the Third Division Deano! At the start of the second half, his first two or three passes went astray, but after that he was back to that higher level. He was a joy to watch.

The big surprise for me was that he is much smaller than I remember when he's played against us. The Hull City OS profile says he's 5' 10" (same as Hughes) and 13st. Another profile I've read today says he's 5' 9" and 12st 3lbs. In reality he is a good three or four inches smaller that Hughes and he was one of the smallest players on the pitch last night. Also he is NOT fat! On that showing he is living proof that they don't make diamonds as big as rocks!

first time he will have ever played at hereford so heres hoping.

class first touch, great signing, if we can keep hughes, he will be playing championship football next year , no doubt

so they didnt get there only away win in division two at boundary park in the 70s then hmmmmmmmmmm must of imagined that game we lost 5-3 against hereford

Edited by peanuts

so they didnt get there only away win in division two at boundary park in the 70s then hmmmmmmmmmm must of imagined that game we lost 5-3 against hereford

Think you've read it as "first time WE will have ever played at Hereford", whereas palmer1 was taking about HE (Windass) - his first game at Edgar Street.

if you are trying to be sarcastic in future peanuts, please read more carefully :wink:

Think you've read it as "first time WE will have ever played at Hereford", whereas palmer1 was taking about HE (Windass) - his first game at Edgar Street.
whoops must rember do NOT read and comment on posts without glasses lol

appolagies